Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World ( better use of )

Taiepii

Hi. Before starting any explaination. 

You all have to remember some point :

- The game is already amazing for a free-to-play. And good game compare to some AAA game. 

- I'm not gonna ask to add content but re-tweak them.

- My proposition will respect DE economy strategy ( aim for casual player instead of veteran )

Alright, so what miss in the game is an actual better use of it's existing content. 

So what most new player look for in the game is :

- Kill bunch of enemy but in their chosen mission ( Extermination, Defense, Survival . . . ) 

- Easy/Quick resources of any kind ( Best Fissure mission ) 

- And where they spend most time ? ( Open world )

Lot's of new player love the Open World ( And I as veteran love it too ). But Warframe Open World is lacking a lot of what player actually sick in new game. 

The game mode they want and decent farm system. 

Open World stick us with bounties mission that give us different mission type and that lot of them we dont like. 

Who actually like following a drone ? 

Why dont we have the chose of endless defense ? When the defense mission on both open world is massivly amazing with ship coming at you. 

Why not include fissure mission in open world ? When fissure is important for newbie to get their first prime frame/weapon. Spend on their favorite area the open world instead of a corridor. 

Not forgeting the fissure buff that would be amazingly to try out on the open area. 

Imagine a full range limbo multiple from fissure ? ( stupid right ? but super funny and newbie want fun 

Just think about it DE. Instead of adding new content to the OLD tileset of warframe ( New Jupiter, Arbitration, Lich . . . ) 

Start thinking using more of your Open world map for content. Or litteraly switch the whole game content onto the open world. 

Just remember the hipe during the open world releases.

And now who is the Open World appart from MR 1-3 and those that "Only" farm the standing and leave forever. 

As for free mission content. The Thumper was and is the best content added to open world.  

Its a nice mini boss, We free to fight it or avoid it, its off-mission, He re-spawn ( no need to reload the whole map ), He drop good resource if we fight him. He doesnt requires setup like Eidolon or Orbs. 

We need more like it. 

Anyway a lot to say. But in short I believe the game would be much more appreciated if their was more to spend on Open World. 

I really like how the Exploiter fight is set up. You can just go into the cave and start the mission seamlessly from the Vallis. I'd like more things like that, where it's not just random bounties you can trigger in the open world, but big fights or involved raids. Like, activating something could trigger lockdown in the Enrichment Labs that you have to fight through, or a ship being loaded in the Space Port that you have to infiltrate/sabotage. The thing is, with only 4 players in a squad and the current matchmaking, it would be less spontaneous like the thumpers and more like "H/LF labs lockdown 2/4". Heck, that's why the matchmaking bounty for the Exploiter and Eidolons got introduced, even though you can do either in free roam.

3 minutes ago, GruntBlender said:

I really like how the Exploiter fight is set up. You can just go into the cave and start the mission seamlessly from the Vallis. I'd like more things like that, where it's not just random bounties you can trigger in the open world, but big fights or involved raids. Like, activating something could trigger lockdown in the Enrichment Labs that you have to fight through, or a ship being loaded in the Space Port that you have to infiltrate/sabotage. The thing is, with only 4 players in a squad and the current matchmaking, it would be less spontaneous like the thumpers and more like "H/LF labs lockdown 2/4". Heck, that's why the matchmaking bounty for the Exploiter and Eidolons got introduced, even though you can do either in free roam.

You made me realize I forgot one big advantage to thumper farming. 

The fact that is it not a  mission.

Make it possible to join in at any time. And for a clan player like me its amazing. That a clan member can join in even if we been inside for 10min. 

Another thing they should take into consideration from open world. 

2 minutes ago, Taiepii said:

The fact that is it not a  mission.

Same with Thermia fractures, though those have less value to farm. Those mini-defense missions to open more bounties on the Vallis too, they could be made into endless defense that pops rewards out every few minutes until it's destroyed.