Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the recent melee changes can exalted melee stances be looked at?

DoveCannon

With multiple recent changes that have come to melee I feel like exalted melees are being a little forgotten and left behind. The main culprit of this in my opinion is the lack of their stance mods giving extra capacity. With Valkyr being my main this topic is very close to me. 

Splitting the exalted melee off so they're their own weapon instead of getting their mods from your regular melee was overall a good change. Initially I hated it as I had made my statsticks with several forma but now I can recognize that it was a healthy change overall for exalted melees. The big downside however was losing 10 mod capacity form the stance mods.

Exalted melees still can't use any acolyte mods, mainly blood rush. This isn't a problem on it's own but...

With the latest phase of melee 3.0 we've seen most if not all melee weapons receive a low to massive damage boost. None of the exalted weapons however received a damage boost. This isn't a problem in itself except that exalted melee are not able to use blood rush. These two factors together caused regular melee to receive a large boost while exalted just stayed in the same place.

Then with the latest hotfix true steel and sacrificial steel received massive buffs. This is great for melees that either want to focus on heavy attacks or for weapons that can't use blood rush. This sounds good for exalted but it's actually where the major problem lies. For example my Valkyr talons with all mod slots polarized to match the mods in it (except umbral forma) can't use sacrificial steel. While the buff to true steel was still nice every other melee can easily fit sacrificial steel into their loadout with just a few forma because they are getting an extra 10 capacity form their stance.

All of this together feels to me that regular melee weapons are getting big buff after big buff while exalted melees are slowly being crippled by updates and not receiving nearly any of the benefits that other melee are seeing.

I'm fine with exalted melee not receiving a damage boost with melee 3.0, they already have very high base damage values that can be boosted by power strength.

I'm fine with exalted melee not having access to acolyte mods, still a strange decision to me but it's in the name of balance and I'm fie with it.

I'm more than fine with exalted melees being their own weapon, this has been an overall boon for customizing exalted melees and regular melees on the same loadout.

What I would like to be looked into is exalted melees not getting any extra capacity from their stance. This feels like an unnecessary setback to an already restricted weapon type that will probably continue to hurt exalted melees as new powerful mods come out and capacity is even more of a scarce commodity.

• Like 6

+1

I'm a Wukong main and don't bring a melee weapon because Wuclone is useless with it and not having a melee equipped makes him always use my primary weapon.

Though I have Iron Staff anyway so your proposed change would really be appreciated.

Edited by CRUZMISL