Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich Ephemera spawn chance is still too low

Zoero

The ephemeras from Exploiter orb have a 10% drop chance, same as liches now, BUT you have to consider the time investment. An exploiter orb run takes roughly 10 minutes worst case scenario whereas a lich hunt can take anywhere between 2-4 hours. Getting the ephemeras from other bosses/sources is proportionally easier/faster. Liches, due to their layers of RNG should have much higher drop chances on ephemeras, roughly in the 30's% if not higher. Currently I am on my 32nd lich and I have yet to receive a single ephemera (or the kuva stubba for that matter)

This is just one of the many issues that revolve this new system. I understand this is a new system and there are always going to be issues, but currently it feels entirely unrewarding.

47 минут назад, Jiminez_Burial сказал:

You also have to consider that Liches are intended to be a long term system, whereas your example of the exploiter orb isn't.  Also when you only have a sample size of 32 then trying to use it as evidence is a fools errand.  

well, i dunno,u cant just add "0.00001% to drop thing" stuff (just for example) and explain this as long term system. Cause nobody will need ur system,when its unrewarding fast enough. 

but I dunno,10% sounds fine to me. Something between "hard" and "obtainable". Also you can just buy ephemera for plat. 

10 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

Also you can just buy ephemera for plat. 

I assume you are talking about the Lich-trading. That isn't really a good way of putting things. Lich trading isn't going to go through the roof. Only a small amount of people will ever trade them, because of how the system works. And if they trade them, the price will be high as the sky.
It's like saying: There is no reason to bring back the Primed Chamber mod. You can just buy it with plat.

Aside from that there is no Ephemera in the game that can be bought with plat. Only two Ephemera can be bought with real money, the one from the Prime Access and the PS4 exclusive one.

2 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

well, i dunno,u cant just add "0.00001% to drop thing" stuff (just for example) and explain this as long term system. Cause nobody will need ur system,when its unrewarding fast enough. 

That's why I didn't say they should decrease the drop rate.  I am however saying that it shouldn't be increased further because 1/10 is still a bloody good chance considering it is a long term system.

but I dunno,10% sounds fine to me. Something between "hard" and "obtainable".

So we do agree.

Also you can just buy ephemera for plat. 

As WhiteMarker stated, this isn't a reasonable excuse.  Are you okay with the way MTXs are headed with AAA games?  Because that's where that kind of reasoning gets us.  'Yes the 20 hour grind for an iconic character is excessive, but you can just pay $30 for him' (if you're unaware of the situation I'm eluding to, it's the Battlefront 2 - Darth Vader debacle).

2 часа назад, WhiteMarker сказал:

I assume you are talking about the Lich-trading. That isn't really a good way of putting things. Lich trading isn't going to go through the roof. Only a small amount of people will ever trade them, because of how the system works. And if they trade them, the price will be high as the sky.
It's like saying: There is no reason to bring back the Primed Chamber mod. You can just buy it with plat.

Aside from that there is no Ephemera in the game that can be bought with plat. Only two Ephemera can be bought with real money, the one from the Prime Access and the PS4 exclusive one.

there is ephemera in every 1/10 lich (+-,ofcource,i know thats not how % works,but still); there are hundreds of thousand players, MOST of the liches gives to people weak stat/dup weapon. Which means this will cost NOTHING for a player to convert this lich, cause he dont need it anyway (weapon suck) and he will still receive ephemera after convert AND plat for selling. 

This leads to : "they wont be THAT expensive,just cause alot of supply". 

2 минуты назад, Jiminez_Burial сказал:

As WhiteMarker stated, this isn't a reasonable excuse.  Are you okay with the way MTXs are headed with AAA games?  Because that's where that kind of reasoning gets us.  'Yes the 20 hour grind for an iconic character is excessive, but you can just pay $30 for him' (if you're unaware of the situation I'm eluding to, it's the Battlefront 2 - Darth Vader debacle).

Well,and you see another way for devs to receive money rather than sell MTX? MTX are not affecting gameplay,so why not.  

And i mean,we have a stiuation

XXX: farming 20 hours for this MTX is too hard.

YYY: you can farm plat for 5 hours and buy this MTX from other player. 5 hours is fine,right?

XXX: NO!!!

=/

I meant that farming plat is just another way of farming this ephemera. SO instead hunting liches and RNG you can chill in ur relic runs or eidolon hunts and receive it this way :)