Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are other nodes recommended for farming relics over disruption ones?

Kethus

Question

Interception is on a timer, so you can only go so fast, and defense rewards you every five waves and seems slower to me without maybe a speedva and saryn to try and clear the waves fast. In disruption on the other hand you can complete all four conduits can be worked on at the same time and you only need a decent weapon to kill the demo unit. And if you're after the B rotation reward you only need one person with a decent weapon from round 4 on.

8 answers to this question

There's the randomness of Disruption. Mainly in regard to PUGS.

Yes, it can be quicker. But that depends on the team.

Failure is possible in disruption. Some people really can't handle failure, chat can turn toxic or host migrations can start.

And that failure effects the rewards too, so if you want something specific is it a good idea to put the chance in the hands of your squad as well as RNG?

Just a couple of reasons I can think of. Not putting down Disruption cos it is brilliant with a premade squad.

After Disruptions came out I no longer needed other nodes to farm intended relics. They are after all, as you mentioned, faster and easier to manage.

Sure Hydron, Titan, Helene, Hyeracon, Bounties and so on are still solid examples of good places to farm relics, but none of them are as good as Disruptions. For me, of course. For example, I know that if I want a ton of axi relics I just have to hit rotation c's on high level disruption. If I do want, however, neo relics I just have to tone down my effort and fail a conduit or two on purpose - to lower the rewards from axi to neo.

Works beautifully for my needs. Best mode that came out in a good while, props to the people who thought of it. I still do like Interceptions and Survivals, however. Good for a change of pace, and require less attention than Disruptions imho.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kethus said:

stuff

You seem to be under the impression that many really care how long a mission takes. As long as it isn't stupidly long--and disruption can be--I'm good and most others probably are as well. 

My criteria is: 1) do I get what I want? and 2) am I having fun doing it? Defense and interception meet those criteria and I know what to expect. Disruption I do like, but it also requires my team to not suck and that is usually asking for a bit much in PuGs. 

Just now, Sloan441 said:

You seem to be under the impression that many really care how long a mission takes. As long as it isn't stupidly long--and disruption can be--I'm good and most others probably are as well. 

My criteria is: 1) do I get what I want? and 2) am I having fun doing it? Defense and interception meet those criteria and I know what to expect. Disruption I do like, but it also requires my team to not suck and that is usually asking for a bit much in PuGs. 

Disruption can be done in solo just fine. I'd even argue it's the most solo-friendly endurance run after survival. ''Bad team'' is just a S#&$ty excuse for you being bad. Interception missions can be just as long as disruptions missions, so I do not really get that point of yours. They both can be run for hours.

9 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Disruption can be done in solo just fine. I'd even argue it's the most solo-friendly endurance run after survival. ''Bad team'' is just a S#&$ty excuse for you being bad. Interception missions can be just as long as disruptions missions, so I do not really get that point of yours. They both can be run for hours.

That escalated quickly.

9 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Whatever, scooter. 

I don't have time for hour+ missions and I get bored pretty quickly with solo farming. If your team is screwing up a Disruptions by constantly losing conduits...at that point I want a new team or to go do something else. 

What it comes down to is playing with 40watt tenno isn't fun. I can always get stuff; I'm here to actually have fun doing it.