Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It only took 2 weeks for people to lose interest in Kuva Lich gameplay

White_Matter

vor 8 Stunden schrieb NotGustavoM:

Reminder that the current state of Kuva Liches is just "barebones" -- there's still lots of things to be improved and done. Just give it time.

After "Kuva Liches Revisited 3.0"? At this point of the game I'm not sure if DE is capable of doing it better or just not willing to do it better. Looks like they got overwhelmed with the sucess in the past 2 years and got overambitious to a state where the cant handle it anymore.

I just stopped after I received 2 duplicates in a row with a status lower than I already have and no ephemera. 

Nothing in this game has ever reduced my motivation so much. I spent 5 hours to remove these duplicates and in return didn’t get just anything. 5 hours of play for nothing.

worst feeling in the world.

the developers mentioned something that they will give 5,000 kuva for lich but it's just ridiculous. 5.000 kuva for 2.5 hours so rewarding. yay.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Is this really the sustainable content we were looking for ?

No. Personally, I couldn't care less, but no, this is not what "the people" are looking for.

Again, insulting amounts of grind do not equal content.

New quests, among other things, that's content. Or Empyrean Phase 2, if it ever arrives, that's content.

21 hours ago, White_Matter said:

What went wrong ?

The better question would be "what actually worked?"

Still,

- multiple layers of heavy RNG

- no rewards worth mentioning given the work you need to put in

- DE band-aiding problems instead of fixing them (i.e no duplicate guns in a row, but still can happen later on)

- Bugs on top of bugs that have bugs on their bugs

- extremely repetitive. Kill one Lich, and you've killed them all.

Personally, I stopped playing because of the disappointing rewards.

I wanted the Kuva Ayanga and Karak.

Took me 4 Liches to get the Ayanage, and I still didn't get the Karak. Instead I got Quartakk, Seer, Shildeg, Tonkor and now Kraken. All of them are weapons I don't give a single flying F about.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NotGustavoM said:

Reminder that the current state of Kuva Liches is just "barebones" -- there's still lots of things to be improved and done. Just give it time.

Well, aren't you a little special and unique snowflake.

Hope is dangerous thing brother.

It may save you, or lead to a huge dissapointment. 

Thread carefully. Especially when it is about warframe.

38 minutes ago, Gasau said:

I just stopped after I received 2 duplicates in a row with a status lower than I already have and no ephemera. 

Nothing in this game has ever reduced my motivation so much. I spent 5 hours to remove these duplicates and in return didn’t get just anything. 5 hours of play for nothing.

worst feeling in the world.

the developers mentioned something that they will give 5,000 kuva for lich but it's just ridiculous. 5.000 kuva for 2.5 hours so rewarding. yay.

I'm in the same boat now. It happened to me with 2 weapons as well, but after the most recent update I was like, let me give it another chance.

I didn't get an ephemera, and I got a duplicate with a 25% roll. I was like "yup, I quit."

Gotta give it to DE though. Every now and then they actually manage to find a way to kill someones will to play the game lol.

Edited by White_Matter
  • Like 2

Empyrean will die as fast as this game mode. Even today i had a hard time to always find a kuva lich group in some missions. As time goes by it will die out. I don't get it why they won't concentrate on new planets/systems and new endless game modes. It is that what make warframe popular.

Edited by tyreens

Because most people run these missions solo, and this is mostly because there are players who doesn't bother to kill their lich when it spawns. If  the lich isn't yours and the guy that it belong to refuse to kill it, you're stuck. I had a few missions when I got all of the murmur I need and the right order, went on a PUB to get the job quicker, someone got his lich spawning before me but he refused to kill it. So I had to end the mission without getting to kill my lich. I run solo missions because there is no one who can screw up my run.

From my personal experience, I haven't touched the lich content for 4 reasons.

1. The outrage in community response to how other players have conducted their Lich encounters.
2. The relic farming, need for traces, and then the "murmurs,"? Pfffffff. Maybe next year.. if I have spare traces for once?
3. I'm often running newer players in my clan, or doing missions with buddies of mine to get them caught up before Empyrean.
4. The enemy scaling in general. Being totally honest here, fighting anything in this game above level 55 is not a good time to me.

On 2019-11-15 at 9:53 AM, White_Matter said:

70-80% of the lich nodes are half empty squads(or none), takes forever to find a group for a Rad Relic run. 

So people either gave up, or burned out already(because of the multiple layers of RNG not working in their favor).

Can't speak to the first point, but the second is mostly spot on. 

What it really comes down to is the new system is confusing, excessively time intensive, and--most importantly--not particularly fun as it is presently. 

Where it really causes me problems are the competing needs for traces and the near impenetrable UI involving murmurs and the relic/whatsits. I'm still not completely sure what I'm looking at. Consequently, in my limited time to play I usually look at this stuff, shrug, and go do something else that needs done. 

It took me 5 minutes reading the original patch note to say no to that garbage, learning already that the stats were RNG over RNG for getting weapons over RNG for getting requiem mods.

No need to bother with garbage "content" and getting back to login for daily count and bit of syndicate standing.

• Like 8

for the 2nd point due to the slow farming for traces, and the new fissure mission being slower than the rescue and survival one, and also some people get disconnected due to their computer not being able to handle the amount of effect of the kuva defense mission, but if you run in pub random-shares with intac relic you will always find a full group

1 minute ago, (XB1)omegakillermods said:

Am I the only one here who remembers being a day 1 closed beta tester and the horrible pet micro transaction system that was removed because I've been here ever since the first day at the end of 2012 up until now 4 years on and almost 3 on xbox one I still get on my grand master founder account to check out all the new stuff but even I don't mind grinding I'm 1 of the rare few who absolutely enjoy it because it gives me a reason to keep playing warframe tbh all these complaints about to much rng and grind still annoy the #$%# out of me because I spend weeks helping out new players on xbox 1 get started and spend over 3k plat on each one but I make roughly 15k a week so it's not bad honestly 

15k plat a week?

How many hours do you play each day  ?

1 minute ago, (XB1)xl dezert lx said:

I haven't experienced this yet content yet (XB1), but as a new player I will do anything to avoid this content. After The War Within quest, I'm hoping that if the larvling is killed (by me or squadmate) I can force-close the game every time and avoid the lich content.

You just don't kill it. 

One thing to consider. It may not be so very odd that it is hard to find a radiant group for relic cracking. The shear amount of relics you get from just hunting some liches and doing some floods lead to the point where running rad requiem relics is an utter and total waste of void traces when you instead can use them as void trace generators for actually worthwhile relics.

Why should I radiate things when I already have more mods of each than I need and dont really feel like getting more exilus BPs? It isnt exactly hard to get an abundance of relics since they introduced them as drops on thralls.