Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It only took 2 weeks for people to lose interest in Kuva Lich gameplay

White_Matter

1 hour ago, Remedyheart said:

And yet...It is now my warframe hobby and plat farm now. Your loss a decent lich with 20%+ Elemental bonus goes for 50plat.

I can make more than that in less time selling mods to the cheapest buyer on Warframe market.

No matter how you try to paint this it's still not fun content, you only have to look at the forums to see that players aren't enjoying this update. It's complaint after complaint, where are all the "This is amazing!" threads? There are none. It's just more of the same as we had but at a slightly increased level. I'd rather they gave us regular missions with level 100+ mobs than force us to have to grind through the RNG that is the Kuva Lich system. Need Requiem mods, RNG, which ones do you need? RNG, weapon? status bonus? ephemera? RNG, RNG, RNG.

Enough of the RNG already! Is RNG really the only gameplay loop that DE knows? There have been suggestions how to fix this but they don't even get mentioned as not feasible, they just get ignored along with the rest of the feedback section. Was it always the plan to monetise the Kuva Lich system?

It's not what was promised us on the dev streams. This is not the game play that had [DE]Steve jumping about in his chair with excitement as he told us about it, from his own description it's not even close!  It's not what was needed in Warframe. how they thought is was I have no idea. I wish that they had saved it until Empyrean as they originally planned, because it feels like something big is missing from this update and whatever it is, I hope its coming to us soon.

For Warframes sake more than my own, because, all this negativity cannot, CANNOT be good for the game.

8 hours ago, Avienas said:

I feel its the opposite honestly, it should of been a pool of 4 weapons and you used things like which planet they spawn at to control which `pool` of weapons the lich would pull from. When we already are dealing with elemental type and bonus % of that elemental.

Plus like usual, D.E. cant figure out what achievement rewards are. They are rewards you obtain for clearing difficult content, not for lucking on a random number generator. Which does not help D.E. made it so ephemera once again, drops on a random odds generator, which has the crimson branch act as a way for people to `share` getting said item with another person, which is going to lead to some headaches i am sure, plus promote some people doing toxic behavior cause a `friend did not want to give them a lich with a ephemera.

Honestly, i like how kitguns and zaws are kept as the main reward in each of the open worlds, since if they throw things like that everywhere in the game, it kind of ruins that element of gameplay. Same at how i feel relics being used for a shoe-horn joke for liches, kind of fks with the lore and story behind how relics are suppose to be an orokin thing for one to get thar hands on long-lost things from the orokin era (aka prime parts), Plus i do not think everyone enjoys having to do the same kind of content, for the majority of the game, cause d.e. can`t keep certain things simple and instead have to cram every form of grind on a new `end game` for players, when they could of been alot more creatives on trying to design that `end game` to be fun and engaging, instead of tedious and burnout-some.

As for lich drops, they should seriously just multiply what loot they `taxed` from you since they cant be only stealing loot from only you in terms of plotwise, plus they should be loaded up on kuva and should act as a way for people to earn a jackpot of kuva, since its literally in thar bloody name and creation story. Getting crammed with a bunch of kuva, especially each time they successfully take us down, to likely become stronger cause they get more of that kuva shared to them. Anyway i guess i am rambling a tad, But i would certainly like the Kuva liches as a `end gamie` type content, to give LOTS of rewards, especially REWARDS ASSCOIATED TO WHAT THEY ARE ABOUT.

Kind of like how when you do the leviathan raid on Destiny 2, you get alot of Leviathan themed weapons thru that raid, not just some random generic guns you are likely going to scrap for parts, then make use of.

Oh, that's more than fair- I understand that what I'd like in an  ideal game isn't the same  for everyone else, and that my solution probably wouldn't work (But I still think it'd be cool to see Zaws and Kitguns expanded upon heavily, since that sort of  customization is fun as hell IMO) 

Ultimately, though I think we agree that Liches are both really, really not worth the time and effort... but form the seed of a great system, if they're developed.... but we both know they won't be, and it's far more likely  they'll join archwing, PvP, and Raids in the list of "Content that was a big deal that we kinda just forgot about when it didn't get wild rave reviews right away" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fl_3 said:

I can make more than that in less time selling mods to the cheapest buyer on Warframe market.

No matter how you try to paint this it's still not fun content, you only have to look at the forums to see that players aren't enjoying this update. It's complaint after complaint, where are all the "This is amazing!" threads? There are none. It's just more of the same as we had but at a slightly increased level. I'd rather they gave us regular missions with level 100+ mobs than force us to have to grind through the RNG that is the Kuva Lich system. Need Requiem mods, RNG, which ones do you need? RNG, weapon? status bonus? ephemera? RNG, RNG, RNG.

Enough of the RNG already! Is RNG really the only gameplay loop that DE knows? There have been suggestions how to fix this but they don't even get mentioned as not feasible, they just get ignored along with the rest of the feedback section. Was it always the plan to monetise the Kuva Lich system?

It's not what was promised us on the dev streams. This is not the game play that had [DE]Steve jumping about in his chair with excitement as he told us about it, from his own description it's not even close!  It's not what was needed in Warframe. how they thought is was I have no idea. I wish that they had saved it until Empyrean as they originally planned, because it feels like something big is missing from this update and whatever it is, I hope its coming to us soon.

For Warframes sake more than my own, because, all this negativity cannot, CANNOT be good for the game.

Fun for me. And so far I can take my converted Liches and use em for something.

I don't make fun of your raid or your tridolon when I find it absolutely whack myself.

3 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Unless you can farm out the murmurs in like 20 minutes, that is so not worth it it's not even funny.

Meh. More fun then the other methods. I take it like this. Its the highest constant level of 60+ and gives me a chance to prepare for raids get more loot and Liches are just too cool. 

For once the enemy I'm finding are not just kindless waves of bots. I have to be smart and commited to get a kill.

Oh and thr stories the experiences I can share. So memorable. Unlike the inability to finf profit taker or tridolon without crashing or massive lag...

You enjoy your stuff I enjoy mine. If you miss out. Then thats your issue.

5 hours ago, MPonder said:

How fast are you at doing lichs to make 50 PL be worth of your time?

Enough for me. I'm not some crazed riven buying maniac. I just need enough for my slots and maybe a cosmetic every once in a while.

Free to play baby. It teaches patience and perserverance. Besides I don't anything either I just do other things on my to do list.

44 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

I think the numbers improved because of the Old Blood update but the game remains on a downhill trend, just like what happened in POE and Fortuna. Will the next update change this downhill trend? Who knows...

Frankly? Probably not. 

Warframe- and DE- kind of have the same problem as the shark. Either they keep swimming- keep putting out 'new content'- or players drop off pretty precipitously. This is why things like, say, archwing- where a fix isn't all that hard to figure out- don't actually get fixed. They get dropped to live, we see some bugfixes, maybe a new weapon every blue moon, and that's it. No significant overhaul, no re-design from the ground up, nada. I can't even remember the last new archwing node. These days people clear the nodes, build an itzal for use on the open maps, and that's it. 

Yes, I know, there's outliers to this, exceptions to the rule. There are some people out there, I'm sure, that adore archwing as-is. But they're the exception. 

Now, the next big update is supposed to be a big update. Railjack, the new war, whichever it is, there's been a hype machine running a solid 6-8 months. And it may be! It may overhaul a dozen forgotten or seemingly abandoned areas of content (Hi Lunaro!) and introduce some really sustainable endgame content. It might! Hell, it might  just do one of those things- maybe we'll see a comprehensive weapon overhaul! I doubt it though. Most likley, what's going to happen is it'll introduce some new nodes, a new grind  (Or three...) and some extra new piece of kit that we'll get, level, and forget about. 

Having said that, though, I mean- I'm still playing. the core gameplay loop is still enough to get me to come back to tinker with my Garuda build, or break my one true raifu (The prisma gorgon) out of storage and on a rampage  across a couple planets. I think that's the frustrating part- at it's bare core, Warframe is fun as hell and engaging. But most of the tacked-on things that have come later... aren't. And yeah, some have turned out pretty alright (Relics, for example, which are keys v.2 and FAR better,  or syndicates, or invasions), but for the most part, it's not those we're looking at when we're looking at past examples of work for the next major update. 

• Like 1

On 2019-11-15 at 7:53 AM, White_Matter said:

Is this really the sustainable content we were looking for ? What went wrong ? 

It's not sustainable content. Because you can't do anything incremental or permanent other than get a random gambling result, which by definition is not sustainable. Until Kuva Liches produce permanent sustainable incrementation and progression with benefits and achievable ends, they're simply RNG in line with every other RNG offering the game has.

4 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

Hey got better for me. Come on now you cannot exclude the side that loves this update. And strangley enough its only getting better from here on out. Yet people still wanna complain ahout old topics.

So, going by the steam launcher (Yes, I know, that's not all players, but it's plenty enough for a  useful sample size), 0.9% of players have the achievement for creating a kuva lich. 

0.9%. less than 1% of players on steam have created a lich for any reason. I'm not gonna speculate on what that number would be if the opt-in mechanic had been in place originally in  it's current form.  

3.5% have reached at least MR18 (Gold Eagle). MR18 serves as a fairly useful baseline because it indicates at least some level of commitment to Warframe. (also it's the first one that  pops up on my own achievement bar on steam, so... eh.) I'm aware that the % goes down as the rank goes up (2.3% of players on steam have Dragon, for example- MR22) but there's a lower bound we have to establish to include newer players, so. Yes, I'm aware it's arbitrary, and if someone comes up with a better metric for determining active vs. inactive players, I'm all ears. 

That's a significant difference in terms of player engagement- effectively, 1 in 4 players on steam of MR18+ have even created a lich. That's pretty terrible, especially for something that was  supposed to be a major content drop. Frankly, that's downright atrocious. 

You like it, and that's great for you- but by the numbers we have access to, the major content component of this update has been pretty awfully received. There are things that could be done to fix it, I'm sure, but with the new war and railjack in the pipe, I doubt they will be. (See the shark analogy- DE can't spend the time to get Kuva liches to a state where more players want  to interact with them because they're already on the next new thing and don't have the bodies to spend on it)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paradoxity said:

So, going by the steam launcher (Yes, I know, that's not all players, but it's plenty enough for a  useful sample size), 0.9% of players have the achievement for creating a kuva lich. 

0.9%. less than 1% of players on steam have created a lich for any reason. I'm not gonna speculate on what that number would be if the opt-in mechanic had been in place originally in  it's current form.  

3.5% have reached at least MR18 (Gold Eagle). MR18 serves as a fairly useful baseline because it indicates at least some level of commitment to Warframe. (also it's the first one that  pops up on my own achievement bar on steam, so... eh.) I'm aware that the % goes down as the rank goes up (2.3% of players on steam have Dragon, for example- MR22) but there's a lower bound we have to establish to include newer players, so. Yes, I'm aware it's arbitrary, and if someone comes up with a better metric for determining active vs. inactive players, I'm all ears. 

That's a significant difference in terms of player engagement- effectively, 1 in 4 players on steam of MR18+ have even created a lich. That's pretty terrible, especially for something that was  supposed to be a major content drop. Frankly, that's downright atrocious. 

You like it, and that's great for you- but by the numbers we have access to, the major content component of this update has been pretty awfully received. There are things that could be done to fix it, I'm sure, but with the new war and railjack in the pipe, I doubt they will be. (See the shark analogy- DE can't spend the time to get Kuva liches to a state where more players want  to interact with them because they're already on the next new thing and don't have the bodies to spend on it)

Idk. Your fault. I ain't missing out. It's been less than a month. Let it grow and see who else rises to the challenge. In the meantime I need to get my last 2 Kuva weapons and then it's forma farming time!

Which is great because I still need Atlas Prime and Wukong Prime. Now's a good time to go forma grinding with the latest primes being unvaulted.

MR27 btw. I've been dying for something to collect. So this is it. I enjoy it. I just wish you could share the experience.

Just now, Remedyheart said:

Idk. Your fault. I ain't missing out. It's been less than a month. Let it grow and see who else rises to the challenge. In the meantime I need to get my last 2 Kuva weapons and then it's forma farming time!

Which is great because I still need Atlas Prime and Wukong Prime. Now's a good time to go forma grinding with the latest primes being unvaulted.

MR27 btw. I've been dying for something to collect. So this is it. I enjoy it. I just wish you could share the experience.

I don't enjoy grind to grind. It's why, despite the founder tag, I've let MR tests sit for years before bothering with them, and rarely sit down to grind through weapons I don't like. It's why there's still a snipertron sitting in my weapons list. I never could muster the energy to grind through a weapon I don't like, and still can't. Ditto Warframes- I still don't have zephyr mastered because I can't bring myself to care enough to do it. it's a boring frame to me. I'm missing out on nothing by not bothering with content that doesn't look like it'd be fun to me for a number of reasons. 

Kuva liches don't interest me. They drop 2 weapons I find even vaguely interesting, and of those, only brakk makes it into missions these days, and even then, only occasionally, so the prospect of potentially farming months to get the one  I'm after doesn't appeal. I have a perfectly serviceable Tombfinger kitgun, I'm sure I'll be fine without a brakk with a slight buff. Call me when Liches drop an akbrakk. 

However, my personal opinions on why the content is or isn't good doesn't really matter here. What matters is I'm far from alone in the viewpoint. Liches are a mess, and most active players (Again, using MR18+ to stand in as 'active' here, because I don't have any other data to work off of, and because that requires about 270 mastered weapons or frames, give or take to get to) would appear to agree. 

That said, I'm not saying you're wrong for liking it. By all means, play the content you enjoy playing- warframe, for any other faults of depth, has plenty of width in it's gameplay, and there's something for just about everyone. I'm saying that you're the exception to the rule for liking it- similarly to how PvP players are an exception, or people who adore archwing, or what have you. 

• Like 1

Just now, schilds said:

You've just made the person wishing for pvp archwing sad.

Apologies! Frankly, I've always wanted a total archwing overhaul- I love strike suit zero, and I feel like that ought to be the template it's based off of, not... well, whatever we've got. 

PvP archwing would be like... what? Starfox 64's vs. mode? 

I probably just dated myself, didn't I? haha!

13 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

I don't enjoy grind to grind. It's why, despite the founder tag, I've let MR tests sit for years before bothering with them, and rarely sit down to grind through weapons I don't like. It's why there's still a snipertron sitting in my weapons list. I never could muster the energy to grind through a weapon I don't like, and still can't. Ditto Warframes- I still don't have zephyr mastered because I can't bring myself to care enough to do it. it's a boring frame to me. I'm missing out on nothing by not bothering with content that doesn't look like it'd be fun to me for a number of reasons. 

Kuva liches don't interest me. They drop 2 weapons I find even vaguely interesting, and of those, only brakk makes it into missions these days, and even then, only occasionally, so the prospect of potentially farming months to get the one  I'm after doesn't appeal. I have a perfectly serviceable Tombfinger kitgun, I'm sure I'll be fine without a brakk with a slight buff. Call me when Liches drop an akbrakk. 

However, my personal opinions on why the content is or isn't good doesn't really matter here. What matters is I'm far from alone in the viewpoint. Liches are a mess, and most active players (Again, using MR18+ to stand in as 'active' here, because I don't have any other data to work off of, and because that requires about 270 mastered weapons or frames, give or take to get to) would appear to agree. 

That said, I'm not saying you're wrong for liking it. By all means, play the content you enjoy playing- warframe, for any other faults of depth, has plenty of width in it's gameplay, and there's something for just about everyone. I'm saying that you're the exception to the rule for liking it- similarly to how PvP players are an exception, or people who adore archwing, or what have you. 

I just feel like you don't give things a chance. The grind it much more tolerable and you can in fact target your intended weapons much easier.

For me its plat but it sounds like you haven't swam in the waters yet because you hate the way the water looks or it's too cold.

Give it a try. Just dive right in and try to enjoy the new stuff.

I just feel like you don't give things a chance. The grind it much more tolerable and you can in fact target your intended weapons much easier.

For me its plat but it sounds like you haven't swam in the waters yet because you hate the way the water looks or it's too cold.

For cripes sake, im a MR 27 console player and played `many` online titles over the years (including PC warframe a long time ago) so i can say when i can identify a poorly designed system, especially after playing many kinds of online games (not 10 or so, i am talking the numbers would easily be in multiple dozens, dwindled down a bit if we only count the uniquely interesting ones that i enjoyed for atleast a month minimum), but one major insult in any online game: One that basically capitalizes on grind systems without true reward present, for a VERY long time. Which in plenty of normal cases which truly reward players for extensive grinds: permanent stat bonuses, access to unique skills or elements that actually greatly improve one`s enjoyment of a game. Which is definitely an issue which one definition of insanity is capitalized alot on something, namely when one does the same kind of thing over and over again with no real variance in the pattern. 

If additional grinding is necessary to obtain something compared to the usual grind one has to do to obtain a weapon, whether its a tactical alert, low drop rate % rotation spam or even prime part hunting, It should already be understandable that said goods must by default, need to be of much higher quality, whether the weapon is VERY powerful or a quantity of other goods are present. Sadly all i am hearing is plenty of the weapons are not that impressive at all, in addition to plenty still getting clucked by duplicates, Plus the fact you can skip the crafting timer, as a trade-off would be a poor excuse on why D.E. has to include a triple grind on top of multiple other grinds, FOR WHAT THEY DID TO BREAK DOWN A SYSTEM THAT WAS ORIGINALLY PART OF RAILJACK BUT D.E. DECIDED TO BREAK IT OFF TO RELEASE IT SOONER AND NOT HAVE EVEN MORE STUFF THEY HAVE TO HOTFIX AT THE SAME TIME, IF RAILJACK WAS JUST AS BROKEN OR EVEN MORE BROKEN THEN WHAT KUVA LICHES ARE LIKE ATM, which on a system that will jack up enemy level in a rather unfair manner because you are forced to jury rig your attempts on seeing if you have the right mods and screwing up once will rank up the lich, is kind of a bleh in many ways, Honestly, D.E. should of had 3 attempts people can do against the lich and then it levels up or it just simply levels up if you do not do one of its nodes once every 48 hours or so on top of that, To basically prevent people from just sitting on a lich.

ANYONE can `try` dipping thar feet in some `content` pool, but if its covered in fetid smelling algae and you even see some dead fish present, you are clearly going to have second doubts of wanting to go in, `without` either put a hazmat suit on first or `not` wait till the company in charge of said pool, actually puts down the chemicals (hotfixes) to actually clean up said pool and properly clean (tune it) so its in a tolerable state as a `community public pool.`

Though honestly, your poke on the plat comment clearly states you likely have the intention to sell contracted liches to your clan-members and likely the ephemera, Since D.E. once against has created a riven-mod like system that is ripe for being exploited by both scammers and clan members who likely do not want to trade their liches for goods and rather just use it as another way to earn plat in absurd amounts, even if the weapon is a minimal stat Kuva seer or something along those lines.  

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 3

Or it could be I've been playing this game long enough to recognize half-baked and poorly implemented content,  and I avoid it. Especially when the 'rewards' are as mediocre as they are in the case of liches. 

To put it bluntly, and use your pool analogy- you're inviting  me jump off a diving board into an empty pool. I'll pass, thanks. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

Or it could be I've been playing this game long enough to recognize half-baked and poorly implemented content,  and I avoid it. Especially when the 'rewards' are as mediocre as they are in the case of liches. 

To put it bluntly, and use your pool analogy- you're inviting  me jump off a diving board into an empty pool. I'll pass, thanks. 

Or it's really a jacuzzi and you're making a big deal that the temperature is not right.

Look we get it.They reset a ton of your builds changed up the game almost upside down and you feel like you've lost more than just time.

Jump in. Did you forget how it feels to be a new player? Did the sense of exploration escape you when this is minimal compared to Fotuna and Plains?

Miniscule. So...you're upset about a relic system duplicate and 13 paracesis weapons.

Compared to the vast combinations of kitguns, zaws, amps, frames, rep, resources, bounties, and whole new systems of resources?

Yeah. You don't sound like a long time player. You sound like someone who can't hack the grind anymore let alone Lich levels. Sorry for assuming, but...shouldn't you be complaining about fishing still being glitched or BS animal tracking spawns? Which have been bugged glitched and dicey since launch?

Instead...its this thing you can't seem to grasp and are too lazy to actually experience. So to me. It makes no sense at all. I believe you're being way too harsh.

1 hour ago, Avienas said:

For cripes sake, im a MR 27 console player and played `many` online titles over the years (including PC warframe a long time ago) so i can say when i can identify a poorly designed system, especially after playing many kinds of online games (not 10 or so, i am talking the numbers would easily be in multiple dozens, dwindled down a bit if we only count the uniquely interesting ones that i enjoyed for atleast a month minimum), but one major insult in any online game: One that basically capitalizes on grind systems without true reward present, for a VERY long time. Which in plenty of normal cases which truly reward players for extensive grinds: permanent stat bonuses, access to unique skills or elements that actually greatly improve one`s enjoyment of a game. Which is definitely an issue which one definition of insanity is capitalized alot on something, namely when one does the same kind of thing over and over again with no real variance in the pattern. 

If additional grinding is necessary to obtain something compared to the usual grind one has to do to obtain a weapon, whether its a tactical alert, low drop rate % rotation spam or even prime part hunting, It should already be understandable that said goods must by default, need to be of much higher quality, whether the weapon is VERY powerful or a quantity of other goods are present. Sadly all i am hearing is plenty of the weapons are not that impressive at all, in addition to plenty still getting clucked by duplicates, Plus the fact you can skip the crafting timer, as a trade-off would be a poor excuse on why D.E. has to include a triple grind on top of multiple other grinds, FOR WHAT THEY DID TO BREAK DOWN A SYSTEM THAT WAS ORIGINALLY PART OF RAILJACK BUT D.E. DECIDED TO BREAK IT OFF TO RELEASE IT SOONER AND NOT HAVE EVEN MORE STUFF THEY HAVE TO HOTFIX AT THE SAME TIME, IF RAILJACK WAS JUST AS BROKEN OR EVEN MORE BROKEN THEN WHAT KUVA LICHES ARE LIKE ATM, which on a system that will jack up enemy level in a rather unfair manner because you are forced to jury rig your attempts on seeing if you have the right mods and screwing up once will rank up the lich, is kind of a bleh in many ways, Honestly, D.E. should of had 3 attempts people can do against the lich and then it levels up or it just simply levels up if you do not do one of its nodes once every 48 hours or so on top of that, To basically prevent people from just sitting on a lich.

ANYONE can `try` dipping thar feet in some `content` pool, but if its covered in fetid smelling algae and you even see some dead fish present, you are clearly going to have second doubts of wanting to go in, `without` either put a hazmat suit on first or `not` wait till the company in charge of said pool, actually puts down the chemicals (hotfixes) to actually clean up said pool and properly clean (tune it) so its in a tolerable state as a `community public pool.`

Though honestly, your poke on the plat comment clearly states you likely have the intention to sell contracted liches to your clan-members and likely the ephemera, Since D.E. once against has created a riven-mod like system that is ripe for being exploited by both scammers and clan members who likely do not want to trade their liches for goods and rather just use it as another way to earn plat in absurd amounts, even if the weapon is a minimal stat Kuva seer or something along those lines.  

Meh. If you miss out you miss.

Honestly though I want you to have fun too and I got a couple of excellent guides that turn what you call a chore into a smooth ride.

No worries! A lot of people are having issues figuring out the system. Almost got all the Kuva weapons now. It's exciting really.

Oh hey! Get a Shildeg and try the heavy attack! It's monsterous!

To the original post:

Yes, it´s true (also in Europe).

I have trouble finding public squads for most mission types. The only missions that seem to be run are capture, rescue and sometimes defense and mobile defense. 

What makes it even worse is, that actually most people just rush off to get their murmurs and leave the defense objectives unprotected. Yesterday I was in a group with 1 MR28 and 2 MR27 and the mobile defense mission failed because of that. I had the wrong frame to protect it completely on my own. Since then: Mesa Prime only. I rather have a few boring minutes than failed missions.

What also happens is people leaving the squad because it´s not full. So running a mission with only one partner can lead to being left alone in the middle of the run.

On 2019-11-15 at 2:57 PM, Voltage said:

The system was not well polished and hotfixes have insulted your previous time investment without addressing the core issues with the mode. 

I held off doing many Liches because I knew trading would be added. There's no point doing new content on release if it's undermined later.

Pretty much this, this was a failed attempt at trying to keep the players in-game, playing and buying with their wallets.

Now look at it, Twitch/Steam has drooped huge in numbers and rightfully so games like D2/Death Standing and soon Anthem Next will take its place  

• Like 2