Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop forcing us to use heavy attack.

Mabc05

Why does D.E want to force players to use something that doesn't work?

Remove heavy attack of the E key. Please!

Also damage two mod by raising the Crit Chance if you are not really doing that Crit Chance  Tested on  -->(arbitrations)<--   ( In the simulator everything is a lie)

Do not damage more mods please. If you are drinking beer while working it is without alcohol. 

These modifications are absurd knowing that this nerf is a failure.

• Like 5

May I introduce: Blood Rush.

Yes, it was heavily nerfed from it's nigh damage-system breaking state, but it's agreed to be the best option if you want sustained, light attack damage from crits, whereas the Steel Mods provide much less (about at a 5x blood rush multiplier) and whilst they buff heavy attacks considerably more, heavy attacks have their own drawbacks.

It is possible for two elements of the same system to be good at different things.

Edited by Loza03
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mabc05 said:

Why does D.E want to force players to use something that doesn't work?

Also damage two mod by raising the Crit Chance if you are not really doing that Crit Chance  Tested on  -->(arbitrations)<--   ( In the simulator everything is a lie)

Do not damage more mods please. If you are drinking beer while working it is without alcohol. 

These modifications are absurd knowing that this nerf is a failure.

No, i am actually very happy that its now also on E !!!
Here is why, mice are not build for the extensive use of mouse wheel...of course many gaming mice have been adapting and have build stronger parts but still... when we play we do not always treat mice like little princesses... sometimes we squeeze them.. because reasons...
Just when the update has hit i have put that charge attack ( heavy ) on another mouse button... just because i am afraid i wear out my wheel so fast...

Now with the actual update its really nice!!! i can smash'n'hold E and and everything is fine.

Also: Why exactly do you want it removed from HOLDING E ?

E was charge, charge is heavy now... right ???

EDIT: Oh i forgot, Heavy Attacks are actually damn strong on some Weapons...even if i did not mod my Paracesis for  heavy attacks i can deal 55k dmg with 1 hit to almost everything around me ( with reach ). So its not really useless.

Edited by Vyra

Wow. For a community that hates nerfs, people seem to spend a lot of time crying about a mod buff. 

As for holding E for heavy attack, its just like the old charge attacks, except for it spending your combo counter. Combo counter that is useless except for powering up heavy attacks or blood rush/weeping wounds. 

I for one, am glad they brought back hold E to heavy attack, this is a buff to weapons that actually use heavy attacks often, like gunblades. 

• Like 4

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Vyra:

A good developer would offer options to their combat system. So why not an toggle option? Why not the option to keybind it how the players want it to? Why do we have this half baked Melee update?

This change is annoying as #*!%. Warframe (at least in my missions) is considering pressing E to often as holding and starts a Heavy Attack "cutscene" which is not interruptible and makes you vulnerable to Enemies and this sucks. Especially in Arbitrations were I lost my stacks 7 times in the first 15 Minutes. This is just annoying.

No one is forcing you. Don't do if if you want want to. I'm still using my melee weapons the same way I always have. Pure crit damage with melee stance combos. Except now I can replace Blood Rush with Saccrifical Steel for a straight up 138% crit chance and have an extra mod slot for damage since the combo counter isn't important anymore. 

Check out this cute Machete Headshot with basic attack. 😄

https://streamable.com/ixmil

Edited by Wolfdoggie

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Wolfdoggie:

No one is forcing you. Don't do if if you want want to. I'm still using my melee weapons the same way I always have. Pure crit damage with melee stance combos. Except now I can replace Blood Rush with Saccrifical Steel for a straight up 138% crit chance and have an extra mod slot for damage since the combo counter isn't important anymore. 

Check out this cute Machete Headshot with basic attack. 😄

https://streamable.com/ixmil

And we still dont play any Devil May Cry. For me it just feels arkward in Warframe. Gosh I hope the hire someone with a better polished vision of Melee Gameplay someday. Maybe somenone from the Viewtiful Joe or Bayonetta Team

Edited by ValinorAtani

Pretty sure OP was complaining about the fact that if you hold down E (or whatever is your main melee keybind) it will perform a Heavy Attack...that will deplete your combo stacks if you aren't careful and hold the key down for a brief second. This is troublesome when using high attack speed builds, sure, hold down E for doing the fancy shots of redeemer is nice, but it isn't for players who don't build around heavy attack spam.

5 hours ago, Vyra said:

Here is why, mice are not build for the extensive use of mouse wheel...of course many gaming mice have been adapting and have build stronger parts but still... when we play we do not always treat mice like little princesses... sometimes we squeeze them.. because reasons...
Just when the update has hit i have put that charge attack ( heavy ) on another mouse button... just because i am afraid i wear out my wheel so fast...

Now with the actual update its really nice!!! i can smash'n'hold E and and everything is fine.

EDIT: Oh i forgot, Heavy Attacks are actually damn strong on some Weapons...even if i did not mod my Paracesis for  heavy attacks i can deal 55k dmg with 1 hit to almost everything around me ( with reach ). So its not really useless.

This is why, it's tied to your FPS and completely breaks when you have too high attack speed and over 120 fps:

6 hours ago, Vyra said:

You could have swapped the heavy attack to any key, by default mine wasn't middle mouse button for some reason, it was C. Keyboards also aren't indestructible.

Also, the issue isn't even about whether heavy attacks suck or not, to make use of heavy attacks you mod for it, if you mod for light attacks exclusively, then using a heavy attack takes away all your damage from light attacks until you stack it back up.

I want it removed from holding attack key (for me I use Left Mouse button, not E), because I play melee exclusively other than when I'm forced into using ranged weapons, and I don't like randomly using a heavy attack while mixing combos due to how sensitive it is compared to before. If I ever wanted to use a heavy attack I would use a dedicated key/button for it because it's quicker to press a different key/button to get a heavy attack compared to just holding down LMB anyways. Meaning, having heavy attacks attached to my LMB with no way to turn it off is nothing but a major annoyance.

I just want it as a toggle option like the other melee stuff are, that way people who enjoy it tied to LMB/E can enjoy it, and for people like me that don't can just turn it off.

1 hour ago, i.chit.you.not said:

2 seconds standing still for charging is a death sentence in high level games (like thrall map), kuva, arbitration, long surv, etc.

so impractical with melee doing little to nothing in enemy damage

Totally agree.

I rather not using it this kind of situation.

I'm very happy with the "hold melee to heavy' change, though my controls setup is a bit unusual (Steam Controller FTW!). My only complaint is that it's a bit too easy to do heavy attacks accidentally, but that's something I feel could be fixed with minor tweaks. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

On 2019-11-15 at 11:34 PM, Yamazuki said:

You could have swapped the heavy attack to any key, by default mine wasn't middle mouse button for some reason, it was C. Keyboards also aren't indestructible.

Also, the issue isn't even about whether heavy attacks suck or not, to make use of heavy attacks you mod for it, if you mod for light attacks exclusively, then using a heavy attack takes away all your damage from light attacks until you stack it back up.

I want it removed from holding attack key (for me I use Left Mouse button, not E), because I play melee exclusively other than when I'm forced into using ranged weapons, and I don't like randomly using a heavy attack while mixing combos due to how sensitive it is compared to before. If I ever wanted to use a heavy attack I would use a dedicated key/button for it because it's quicker to press a different key/button to get a heavy attack compared to just holding down LMB anyways. Meaning, having heavy attacks attached to my LMB with no way to turn it off is nothing but a major annoyance.

I just want it as a toggle option like the other melee stuff are, that way people who enjoy it tied to LMB/E can enjoy it, and for people like me that don't can just turn it off.

But heavy attack is "holding down" E, as far as i know, light melee does only require to SPAM E and not hold it down?!

So if youre normally only using light melee attack, you would never notice the heavy attack being on "holding down" E ...?!

On 2019-11-15 at 9:29 PM, ValinorAtani said:

A good developer would offer options to their combat system. So why not an toggle option? Why not the option to keybind it how the players want it to? Why do we have this half baked Melee update?

This change is annoying as #*!%. Warframe (at least in my missions) is considering pressing E to often as holding and starts a Heavy Attack "cutscene" which is not interruptible and makes you vulnerable to Enemies and this sucks. Especially in Arbitrations were I lost my stacks 7 times in the first 15 Minutes. This is just annoying.

why would you hold down E anyway?
With my fast build i spam E and it NEVER does heavy attacks unless i am HOLDING DOWN E.. which i don't do...

On 2019-11-15 at 10:03 AM, Mabc05 said:

While there are already other posts pertaining to this,

I wanted hold to Heavy. I think it fits, it feels right, it does exactly as I wish it would do.

For other players who do not want that, though...
We already have the keybinding available,
That needs to be an option in the menus.

Much like Context Action to Reload, and Melee with Fire Button,
this is an optional way to work controls that, could, should, and likely will become an option.

Absolutely don't just have them throw it out, though.
Melee is finally working in a way I've wanted it to for 5 years.
We can both have what we want.

Edited by kapn655321

On 2019-11-15 at 5:18 PM, CeePee said:

tied to your FPS and completely breaks when you have too high attack speed and over 120 fps

I can totally understand now why it's being such a bother to people!

So at the very least, it needs to be an option to use only on independent keybinding so it doesn't accidentally get in the way of some players,

I use Gsync, and am Always at 60, and it's working like a dream.
Had no idea this was going on for people.

Hopefully both fixes are instated.. independent key only option for heavy attack, and not being tied to FPS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vyra said:

why would you hold down E anyway?
With my fast build i spam

'Cause I'm not using a fast spam, and try to utilize a good whooping with combo counter stacked up.
Feels far better to me, personally... less to you personally..
Easily needs to be made an optional setting to bind independently.

Given that this was how it worked before I'm a little confused as to this being an issue, but if you had an issue with it before then I suppose it would carry over. As for heavy attacks themselves, I am loving the heavy attack system so far, get combo efficiency and you're golden, my friend has a riven with 90% combo efficiency (The max) and he built around quick heavy attacks, he hit a million crit the other day before the Steel changes and he also has 100% status on a 90% slash weapon from Weeping wounds. Nothing can survive through that even at long arbitrations.

In case you don't know what combo efficiency does it keeps a percent of your current combo counter after you swing so you don't lose it all. Get some of that for people who are worried about losing it all whenever they heavy attack a Nox.

Except Heavy Attack absolutely does work.

You're just using it wrong.

On 2019-11-15 at 2:36 PM, i.chit.you.not said:

2 seconds standing still for charging is a death sentence in high level games (like thrall map), kuva, arbitration, long surv, etc.

so impractical with melee doing little to nothing in enemy damage

Hasn't got me killed yet.

Maybe I should stop using Life Strike? 🤔

Edited by DrakeWurrum