Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel augment ideas:

elitharcos

Elastic Cheek(Feast) - When you hold down the ability, allies are allowed to get inside your belly for 10/20/30 seconds. They cannot shoot or interact, but every mod they have on their weapon, warframe and parazon will be added to your list for the duration if you don't already have those mods(2 serrations won't stack) also they can use any ability which doesn't require you to stay still. They can exit any time by rolling out. Has a cooldown of 90 seconds. The duration timer is stopped while in pulverize. You can also spit them out.

Efficient Digestion(Nourish) - When you nourish any enemy, every ally within ability's radius will also receive 10/15/20% efficiency.(can be increased with power strength) This lasts for the duration of the nourishment.

Enzyme Cover(Regurgriate) - The enemy you turn into a projectile will bounces up to 3/4/5(power strength increases) times, each time dealing the damage upon impact multiplied by the times it bounced.

• 2 weeks later...

For starters the first idea wouldn’t work very well. It will cause trolling issues and be completely useless for solo players. Instead I would recommend they made an augment that allows him to walk while continuously sucking in enemies. Maybe a hold down trigger to suck in enemies nonstop as long as there are enemies around in sight which the walking would make it easier to spot. 

The second ability does sound decent. Kind of picturing him being able to boost teammates ability range and duration.

Third I can also see him being able to shoot more than one enemy at once. Imagine if you fill up on 20 enemies and energy draining quickly, being able to fire all of them out like a heavy machine gun at other enemies would be nice. 

Forth I would like to be able to have better control over his rolling ball form. And maybe he builds up speed as he continues to roll nonstop. That would be a decent augment for his forth ability. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

For starters the first idea wouldn’t work very well. It will cause trolling issues and be completely useless for solo players. Instead I would recommend they made an augment that allows him to walk while continuously sucking in enemies. Maybe a hold down trigger to suck in enemies nonstop as long as there are enemies around in sight which the walking would make it easier to spot. 

The second ability does sound decent. Kind of picturing him being able to boost teammates ability range and duration.

Third I can also see him being able to shoot more than one enemy at once. Imagine if you fill up on 20 enemies and energy draining quickly, being able to fire all of them out like a heavy machine gun at other enemies would be nice. 

Forth I would like to be able to have better control over his rolling ball form. And maybe he builds up speed as he continues to roll nonstop. That would be a decent augment for his forth ability. 

For third i think this shouldn't be an augment, this should be base of the ability that if you hold it, you throw up more enemies.

For 4th ability i was thinking too about something like you can roll on things without bouncing around it is just annoying a sticky rolling ball would be fun, going on ceilings, etc. or being able to hold RMB(wall latch) to stick to surface.

Also about first ability. Well, limbo still exists and rolling isn't a hard task to do and the players can ENTER grendel, not him consuming them. Similarly to volt shield augment.

Edited by elitharcos

• 3 weeks later...

Man, i think the augment for "feast" is both incredibly hilarious and awesome. it should be like while you're feasting allies can interact with you (press "X") to jump into your mouth.
Considering that this would cause the team to have one less man i would tweak it a little:
-While feasting allies can jump into your mouth (press"X"). they have to decide to jump or not, otherwise it could be an incredible source of troll..
-As an estetic choice i would make grendell grow in size by 5% for each ally he eats (this does increase melee range by said amount)
-Allies can stay inside for as much as they want, they can get out by rolling or when grendell regurgitates
-Allies can cast abilities while inside but only one handed abilities (those that can be used while your're reloading a weapon). The abilities originate from grendell in the direction the ally camera is pointing. Abilities that would normally affect the ally (ie. Rhino's Iron skin) instead affect grendell untill they run out or until the ally comes out, wichever comes first.
-Grendell gains the benefits of Warframe (only warframe) mods equipped on allies. Copies of the same mod Stack for the purpose of this augment (you're taking away one/several men from the fight). Only warframe mod cause it is already a pretty broken augmet, letting him take weapon mods would be quite exceedingly broken.

Damn, im already dreaming of seeing a Grendell OVERBOSS devouring entire tilesets thanks to all allies equipping range mods

Edited by Yushuu
forgot the last point

• 4 weeks later...

Consumer of worlds: feasting on an enemies gives you their powers as long as they are alive
examples: ancient healer gives healing aura, ospreys give the shield boost to nearby allies, and exilus enemies will give you frost shield/toxin aura ect.
a balanced by only having one affect at a time that ends when the enemy dies or is vomited out
Indigestion: enemies expelled by Grendel create a gas proc.
i think this one is the most likely and balanced, gives more aoe and lets Grendel have some defensive utility by creating a cloud in hallways and on objectives.

I like Elastic Cheek with the mod stacking. I do think that it would lead to team friction, as Grendels dominant crowd control ability suddenly interferes with the freedom of movement of other players. If it gave the passanger frames some kind of direct bonus, players may be more ok with it. Like bonus corrosive or toxic damage on exit or the passangers can deal true damage against enemies stored in Grendel, which work against the Overboss Grendels total armor bonus.

I had some other ideas for Grendel's augments:

Gastric Sludge [Regurgitate Augment]: Projected enemies are covered with 10/20/30 sludge masses covering there body. On impact, these masses are ejected across the damage AoE field at random directions. The masses have a similar size and behavior to stug rounds, dealing toxic or corrosive damage at 10/25/50 on impact and dealing 1/3/5 dps of that damage type with a high chance of a related status procc.

Sustaining Nourishment [Nourishment Augment]: for 10/15/20 seconds after casting Nourishment, all damage Grendel recieves on health is divide evenly amongs him and all the enemies which he is carrying.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-11-15 at 11:15 AM, elitharcos said:

Elastic Cheek(Feast) - When you hold down the ability, allies are allowed to get inside your belly for 10/20/30 seconds

People are going to troll with this, i know this because i would the moment a teammate angers me 😂😂😂 Got a Saryn that wont share kills?? "Fee fi fo fum" No problem! 😈😈😈

When you nourish any enemy, every ally within ability's radius will also receive 10/15/20% efficiency.(can be increased with power strength) This lasts for the duration of the nourishment

Kinda cool 🤔

The enemy you turn into a projectile will bounces up to 3/4/5(power strength increases) times, each time dealing the damage upon impact multiplied by the times it bounced.

Sounds really good! Makes your shots more strategic

One thing id add to that is make them gravity effected too. Why? Just a new mechanic for a bouncy projectile to have is all. Adds some variety to the game know?

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

On 2019-11-28 at 1:10 AM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Thats pretty good, like mesa waltz basically

• 2 weeks later...

For most people who state the "Trolling part" I would like to say that i stated "They are allowed to get inside your belly".

So they have to interact with you in order to do so on their own will. And you must be holding the button too so no one can force anyone really.