Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concept for a Time-based Warframe

(PSN)alexadusei

Now that Grendels been out for some time now and we once again have no idea who the next two Warframes could be, I'd like to just have some fun and throw this out there; a Time based Warframe. This community's had some fun over the years with Limbo and JoJo memes, but lets get serious for a second about the concept for a second here and actually discuss how or even IF it could work for a game like Warframe. Here's my take on it.

Name: I dunno, name him/her after some obscure Swiss watchmaker or something.

First Ability: Creates a fixed range, duration based time bubble that transports it to a point in time where there were no enemies or triggered alarms in the area. This allows the frame to escape to safety and recuperate. This ability also comes with a cooldown directly proportional to the amount of time the Warframe stayed in the time bubble, forcing players to think strategically before resorting to it. The first of this Warframes survival abilities.

Second Ability: Creates a "save point" that will save it from getting downed in the event of fatal damage. This "save point" is a time clone that can last up to a maximum of fifteen seconds and will hang around the map like a Loki clone, except it will be frozen in whatever animation the Warframe was in before casting it, like a Sayrn Molt. While enemies will be able to see it, it is suspended in its own pocket dimension and is therefore intangible. Upon fatal damage while this ability is active, the Operators consciousness is transferred over to the time clone, which immediately comes out of suspended animation to rejoin the fight. This allows the time clone to function as both emergency reset button and aggro draw.

Third Ability: Frame casts a range based wave that reduces all enemy weaponry into their components, turning them into resources for the Tenno while simultaneously disarming enemies. Infested will have whatever faction was absorbed to create them come back to life screaming in confusion, slowing them down and shutting off their Infested abilities. Factions absorbed by Infested will also drop loot upon death.

Fourth ability: Frame casts a range based wave that afflicts aging on enemies and their weapons, while also draining the Warframes energy. Aging enemies will experience slower movement, lower fire rate and even loss of sight. Age rate is affected by power strength, while energy drain is affected by efficiency. Builds made with high power strength in mind will see a rapid rate of enemy aging. On the flipside, they will also be subject to sharper energy drain. This can be mitigated by building for just enough power strength to age enemies to death in just a few seconds while also building for efficiency. Enemies will also have a chance of dropping energy orbs upon death by aging, a chance which will scale with the number of enemies that either die directly from aging or get killed by weapons or teammates while under the effects of aging. 

Now, lets talk about possible synergies here. Players can approach an encounter with a large group of enemies in two ways. Either rush in and use the time bubble ability when you're in trouble or create a time clone and then rush in, knowing that you have a safety net for the next fifteen seconds. During combat, players could then cast its disarm ability and then age enemies, or vice versa. Whatever order those abilities are used in will likely depend on what the player feels is more essential at the time, slower enemies and energy or disarmed enemies and loot. 

Not gonna lie, I'm still iffy about this because this unnamed Warframe feels just a little bit overpowered. A frame with two get out of jail free cards, a disarm ability that also generates loot and a room wiping ability that not only kills enemies but also generates energy? Might be a hell of a monster, but maybe I shouldn't worry too much about that when Sayrn and Gara exist, LMAO. Ach, that's enough of my hand wringing, what do you guys think?

Edited by (PS4)alexadusei

Now that Grendels been out for some time now and we once again have no idea who the next two Warframes could be, I'd like to just have some fun and throw this out there; a Time based Warframe. This community's had some fun over the years with Limbo and JoJo memes, but lets get serious for a second about the concept for a second here and actually discuss how or even IF it could work for a game like Warframe. Here's my take on it.

Name: I dunno, name him/her after some obscure Swiss watchmaker or something.

First Ability: Creates a fixed range, duration based time bubble that transports it to a point in time where there were no enemies or triggered alarms in the area. This allows the frame to escape to safety and recuperate. This ability also comes with a cooldown directly proportional to the amount of time the Warframe stayed in the time bubble, forcing players to think strategically before resorting to it. The first of this Warframes survival abilities.

Second Ability: Creates a "save point" that will save it from getting downed in the event of fatal damage. This "save point" is a time clone that can last up to a maximum of fifteen seconds and will hang around the map like a Loki clone, except it will be frozen in whatever animation the Warframe was in before casting it, like a Sayrn Molt. While enemies will be able to see it, it is suspended in its own pocket dimension and is therefore intangible. Upon fatal damage while this ability is active, the Operators consciousness is transferred over to the time clone, which immediately comes out of suspended animation to rejoin the fight. Time clone will be in the same state the Warframe was in at the time of its creation, possessing the same health, shields, status effects inflicted and number of rounds in the magazines of its guns. This allows the time clone to function as both emergency reset button and aggro draw. Ability will also have a long cast time but will also be castable while on the move. Cast time can be shortened by cast speed mods.

Third Ability: Frame casts a range based wave that reduces all enemy weaponry into their components, turning them into resources for the Tenno while simultaneously disarming enemies. Infested will have whatever faction was absorbed to create them come back to life screaming in confusion, slowing them down and shutting off their Infested abilities. Factions absorbed by Infested will also drop loot upon death.

Fourth ability: Frame casts a range based wave that afflicts aging on enemies and their weapons, while also draining the Warframes energy. Aging enemies will experience slower movement, lower fire rate and even loss of sight. Age rate is affected by power strength, while energy drain is affected by efficiency. Builds made with high power strength in mind will see a rapid rate of enemy aging. On the flipside, they will also be subject to sharper energy drain. This can be mitigated by building for just enough power strength to age enemies to death in just a few seconds while also building for efficiency. Enemies will also have a chance of dropping energy orbs upon death by aging, a chance which will scale with the number of enemies that either die directly from aging or get killed by weapons or teammates while under the effects of aging. 

Now, lets talk about possible synergies here. Players can approach an encounter with a large group of enemies in two ways. Either rush in and use the time bubble ability when you're in trouble or create a time clone and then rush in, knowing that you have a safety net for the next fifteen seconds. During combat, players could then cast its disarm ability and then age enemies, or vice versa. Whatever order those abilities are used in will likely depend on what the player feels is more essential at the time, slower enemies and energy or disarmed enemies and loot. 

Not gonna lie, I'm still iffy about this because this unnamed Warframe feels just a little bit overpowered. A frame with two get out of jail free cards, a disarm ability that also generates loot and a room wiping ability that not only kills enemies but also generates energy? Might be a hell of a monster, but maybe I shouldn't worry too much about that when Sayrn and Gara exist, LMAO. Ach, that's enough of my hand wringing, what do you guys think?

Edited by (PS4)alexadusei