Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, please buff exalted melees

AlphaRyuuxx

Ever since the melee changes so many weapons got buffs whether its their crit chance, status chance, damage, range, or even all of them. But you'll notice that pretty much all the exalted's got jack sh!t; with the only one receiving a damage buff being Garudas talons. The only thing these weapons got were range buffs, parry angles, and heavy attacks. We're at a point where regular weapons like the Nikana prime, Fragor prime, Silva and Aegis prime, and the Orthos prime are just completely outclassing these weapons and giving little to no reason to ever use them. 

Universal Changes: Allow exalted weapons to run acolyte mods, more importantly blood rush, with how strong every other base weapon has gotten, there's little to no reason why exalteds shouldn't be allowed to equip these. Have each exalted stance give +10 capacity, having a stance that gives no capacity really makes exalted weapons extremely forma heavy, especially if you want to use the newly buffed sacrificial steel and sacrificial pressure by proxy to increase it (not including umbra). Buff all of their damage from 250 to 300+. Give each exalted its own unique heavy attack animation, not just a recycled animation. 

Remember these are exalted weapons, these are suppose to be stronger than normal weapons, the reason you pick these frames, their pillar ability. If they aren't stronger than normal weapons, why even use them, they just end up as a waste of an ability because you can just use something far stronger.

Desert Wind: This weapon actually got a buff to it, with sacrificial steel bumping its crit chance to 160% (187% with both Sac mods). But remember that Baruuks exalted are locked behind a meter, every other frame are able to cast theirs whenever they want so Baruuk's should be extremely powerful to warrant a restriction.

Buff: Increase crit multipler to 2.5x-3x. and increase its status chance to 15-20%. Allow waves to build combo

Valkyr Talons: Valkyr was prob the only frame to even benefit anything from the melee changes, being able to lock into melee mode allowing her to stay invincible and getting a much needed range increase. She also benefited from the sacrificial steel buff, having the same crit chance as Baruuk. 

Buff: Decrease impact and puncture values and put them into slash (why are claws doing impact damage anyway). Increase crit damage to 2.5x and status chance to 20-25%. Fix her energy economy

Iron Staff: Wukongs exalted got hit pretty hard with the nerf of condition overload, but with the new sacrificial steel this weapon still hits... for an okay amount. 

Buff: Increase crit chance to 30%, increase CD to 2.5x, and either leave status chance the same or increase it to 35%. 

Exalted Blade: oooooh boy I saved the best for last, I have a lot to say so buckle up. This weapon got hit hard by the condition overload nerf, with this being a pure status weapon. Granted this weapon still does decent damage but compared to the nikana prime its completely outclassed. The nerfing of CO and the buffs to the steel series is pushing us back into the crit meta, something that exalted blade is not ready for. 

Buff: Increase attack speed to 1, increase crit chance to 25% (maybe even 30%) and increase crit multiplier to 2.3x-2.5x. Allow waves to build combo. Change chromatic blade to add the elemental damage but not replace the IPS. Either make slide attack blind costs no energy or replace it for a real slide attack. Make it so heavy attacks send out a wave. Give exalted blade innate lifesteal or make it so wielding/attacking with the exalted blade gives an armor buff or DR (like 20-40%, something on the low side), every other exalted frame has a way to keep themselves alive, Valkyr has warcry/invincibility, Baruuk has DR out the ass, and wukong has defy/cloudwalker (note: NONE of these are cc. So I don't wanna hear the whole "just use his blind" argument, that's like if rhino or nezha didnt have iron skin/warding halo and just being told to spam cc to stay alive), this'll give Excal a little boost in the survivability department. 

Once again these are exalted weapons, they should be stronger than normal weapons.

Edited by AlphaRyuuxx
  • Like 4

Baruuk's serene storm is in a terrible place right now.  The heavy attacks are all knockback-o-riffic, unlike the normal combos where you can choose push or pull, heavy attacks are strictly push, and this makes trying to hit a cluster of enemies with a heavy attack will happily bounce them everywhere else, fairly randomly.  Building up combo is an exercise in futility, with 1.2 meters (this is shorter than any other weapon- fists and sparing weapons are 1.25, valkyr's claws are 1.7, etc) and a knockback attached, a 60 degree block angle (tied for worst with a number of weapons), so I suppose it's good that you couldn't do anything useful with the buildup.  The midair attacks  (with aim glide in forced melee mode) don't have any of the waves attached, either.

Add to this impact not being a particularly useful proc type (and they are strictly impact), not doing any more damage than similar other weapons, and the still-present difficulties getting in/staying in serene storm (grendel is a fresh hell for this, because they can be touched by lul, not yet slept, and absorbed, and you get zero restraint eroded), and it's a problematic exalted.

I don't think adding combo count to the range is the solution here, either.  It would trivially hit 12x near instantly due to being able to go through walls, but then what would you do with a 12x combo counter?  It's not like you can spend it on anything, and your only option would be to add in gladiator mods and try to work with that.  I'm not sure what the fix is for this- I was using ripkas mostly for a while, but as the crit mod for that is currently broken I have defaulted to gram prime for the moment.

14 hours ago, AlphaRyuuxx said:

Remember these are exalted weapons, these are suppose to be stronger than normal weapons, the reason you pick these frames, their pillar ability. If they aren't stronger than normal weapons, why even use them, they just end up as a waste of an ability because you can just use something far stronger.

Not only should Exalted weapons be thematically more powerful than regular melee weapons, they're mechanically designed to be. Exalted weapons all universally cost some kind of resource to use - energy, shield, custom Warframe meter, etc. By design, their use is limited and regulated, so by design they should be more powerful. I don't use a lot of Exalted Melee so I don't want to comment on specifics, but I agree with the general theme of the post - buff Exalted melee, please.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Not only should Exalted weapons be thematically more powerful than regular melee weapons, they're mechanically designed to be. Exalted weapons all universally cost some kind of resource to use - energy, shield, custom Warframe meter, etc. By design, their use is limited and regulated, so by design they should be more powerful. I don't use a lot of Exalted Melee so I don't want to comment on specifics, but I agree with the general theme of the post - buff Exalted melee, please.

As an addendum to this- they have more restrictions on what mods you can put on them (weeping wounds/blood rush at the very least, and I think other mods as well), the melee ones have no stance bonuses (so capped at 60 instead of 70+) and the ranged ones do not have an exilus slot.

Edited by Ogundiety

They shouldn't be dependent on crit/ status meta mods to be competitive.

They should certainly be comparable to higher tier weapons but they need uniqueness beyond that. For example, Valkyr's Talons are a side note to the literal invulnerability the ability gives her. Ash (with the original 'exalted' weapon) has such a uniqueness to it that's weapons could never replace its function. 

The abilities shouldn't simply be a flashier weapon to kill things with to begin with or other meta weapons will ALWAYS be a threat to making them obsolete. 

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

Mentions all exalted melees but Diwata and then we wonder why DE keeps forgetting about it every single update.

So far it's been bugged since melee 3.0 and DE doesn't seem to be interested in fixing it. It lacks a stance so it has 10 less energy than other exalted melees and it lacks a heavy attack. Right now its heavy attack deals the same damage and animation as the standard attack but consumes all the combo counter, and of course, heavy attack mods don't work 75% of the time for some #*!%ing reason.

On top of that, I should mention that Diwata is by far the weakest exalted melee and worse than a lot of standard melee weapons out there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

Mentions all exalted melees but Diwata and then we wonder why DE keeps forgetting about it every single update.

So far it's been bugged since melee 3.0 and DE doesn't seem to be interested in fixing it. It lacks a stance so it has 10 less energy than other exalted melees 

Worth noting that no exalted melee has a stance bonus.  They all cap at 60.

That said I completely forgot it existed, though I did think about her guns.  Could use some love, yup.

I do think that it is a touch unfair to say that DE is entirely uninterested in fixing it, just because it has  been a stretch of hotfixes.  They cannot be anywhere near done with them ( many very broken things right now, for a given value of broken).

• Like 1

I doubt it would happen but this could be an ideal time to fundamentally change Exalted weapons.

Their concept is flawed in that you either use them 100% of the time or not at all. Personally I would have always preferred they been very glamorous and thematic supercharge buffs. Exalted Blade for instance would add Waves to any melee Exal is using while making him auto-parry and bring back the 0 cost slide Blind.

The others might be a little more tricky like Valkyr having an actual Rage mechanic.

Any number of things really. My point is they're very binary by design and simply must at all times be the best weapon type option because of this.

Agreed! Exalted Blade is now worthless, especially that Nikana Prime now is a red crit beast. The worst part of EB isn't just the damage nerf with Condition Overload paired with Chromatic Blade BUT the Stance of Exalted Blade is now garbage. It is not fun to use anymore. He is constantly pausing in the combo, acting like he has a regular melee weapon and no longer shoots blade waves for breakfast unless your charging forwards all the time. It makes his 4 just not worth using when regular melees are super crit blenders. His stance needs a rework and he needs a better alternative stance that maybe can focus on crit too.  

Yesterday in public run on ESO someone had a Excal with one of the augments equipped and by wave 6 there must have been a bug on the augment because he was doing Million damage with exalted blades. He was recording so he contact support after. He said the numbers we in the 20million plus damages lol. Well too bad its gonna be hotfixed soon

On 2019-11-17 at 7:53 PM, kwlingo said:

Yesterday in public run on ESO someone had a Excal with one of the augments equipped and by wave 6 there must have been a bug on the augment because he was doing Million damage with exalted blades. He was recording so he contact support after. He said the numbers we in the 20million plus damages lol. Well too bad its gonna be hotfixed soon

I used to be able to get that sort of damage with my wukong iron staff 😞