Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make an option to hold quick attack to heavy attack

Arcveid

For the love of Tenno everywhere turn off or revert my holding e makes a heavy attack. All of my attacks now pause me and/or reset my melee counter. Also my heavy attack keybind to my back button on my mouse sooooo there is no toggle or anything for this please please fix this now!!!! Thank you.

*I will correct my self this needs to be an option to have it with the quick attack button. Right now even if I re keybind quick attack and Heavy attack to different buttons or mouse buttons. It does not matter you will still heavy attack if you have a melee weapon fast enough with buffs that even if you slam that button down quickly and never hold it you will still stagger in place or heavy attack. This will cause you to loss all combo meter. This was never a problem when heavy attack was 1st introduced because it was not tied to the combo meter so before even if you did heavy attack or even stop in place you could just go right along with you mary way and continue with your built up combo meter. That is why it was never an issue before and why its an issue now. So please please give us an option to have it enabled or not thank you.

Edited by Arcveid
Because i was wrong in my phrasing and ment option lol
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, CeePee said:

Drop your fps and attack speed, in their infinite wisdom the feature is tied to both:

I haven't played for a couple days, but I usually get 200+ FPS.

So basically, I'm screwed and need to reduce my framerate as soon as I run into a Wisp with 300+% power strength because a bunch of dip-youknowhat cried about being too dense to press a damn button. Great.

This is why I hate people. Always trying to fix things that ain't broken.

All and all the only problem i have is the combo counter gets reset. Before the stagger/Heavy attack didn't matter because if i did.... my combo meter wouldn't go away. Now with melee 2.9 or whatever with the changes to combo meter gain and heavy attacks using it yea..... its a problem now. I just want a option to not have the "Hold E to heavy attack". 

• Like 1

The same, i am on the usuall 60 fpses, and this hold crap keeps reseting my combo counter, why isnt there a option to turn this of, its not like it will hurt the people that like it, i cant properly use a melee weapon because it'll trigger the god danm heavy atack all the time....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Arcveid said:

For the love of Tenno everywhere turn off or revert my holding e makes a heavy attack. All of my attacks now pause me and/or reset my melee counter. Also my heavy attack keybind to my back button on my mouse sooooo there is no toggle or anything for this please please fix this now!!!! Thank you.

Or maybe, as all things controls related, just make it optional? I think I might be fine with it on the long press, but if people don't like it just make them choose on the settings.

This needs to be an option.

Since Melee 3.0, the melee button can easily interpret spamming E to "Hold E" which triggers heavy attack and removes your entire combo meter while locking you into a stupid animation. This is really bad for a number of stances that don't focus on heavy attack.

The heavy attack already has a dedicated key to it these days...there's no reason to not have this option. Worse, you can't do a air to ground heavy attack holding your default melee key because ??? who knows. It only works with the dedicated heavy attack key. Just another reason why we should have an option for this. Its one of the things that melee 3.0 was supposed to address, allowing you to melee the way you want, but this created a new issue which is being discussed here.

So please, make an option for whether your primary melee key triggers a heavy attack on hold. 

• Like 1

If you get a riven with challenge for x6 counter for 30 seconds, use a slow weapon.  

Fast weapons have this problem.  I'd like the ability to remap the key (to a mouse button).  

Most of my heavy attacks are accident and I'm having to remove speed mods because they slow me down (long animation on accident).

On 2019-11-16 at 11:17 AM, o0Despair0o said:

I haven't played for a couple days, but I usually get 200+ FPS.

So basically, I'm screwed and need to reduce my framerate as soon as I run into a Wisp with 300+% power strength because a bunch of dip-youknowhat cried about being too dense to press a damn button. Great.

This is why I hate people. Always trying to fix things that ain't broken.

The problem is not the players, it's not even the hold to use heavy attack. It's the changes they made to the melee input mechanics (getting rid of the input queue). I never once did a charge attack by mistake under melee 2.whatever (or in melee 1.0, for that matter). Now? Happens all the time. It also completely breaks polearms if you get a high attack speed (very easily seen with orthos prime, PFury and volt with 200% power strength). You can't even swing properly, you just poke your stick forward and stand around for a bit before you can poke again.

I'm hesitant to say "get rid of the hold to use 'heavy' attack" because glaives become horrible to use without it. Pulling a gunblade and putting throw on normal attack is a horrible idea, because sometimes you want to swing (crates) and you don't want an explosion in your face or to be left without a melee weapon until it returns. In fact, that was a horrible change for gunblades, because firing them makes noise and sometimes you just want to break a crate or environmental trap silently.

• 3 weeks later...

Well like i said it doesn't matter if you re key bind heavy attack (i have mine on mouse 7 on my mouse lol) you can still hold your melee attack button(which is still my E button)  and use a heavy attack. That's the problem. also after a lot of playing i have realized using some combos like holding forward and block doesn't reset your combo meter with a lot of stances. But the main just E,E,and E attacks or Holding forward and E attacks are the combo strings that can (not all the time but i can say i reset every minute) still reset your combo meter. 

I've been having this same issue, and it's pretty much broken the Berserker mod, Arcane Strike, and Warframe abilities that increase attack speed when used with a melee weapon with a base speed of 1.00 or higher. I can barely build a combo over 20 hits unless I completely avoid everything that increases attack speed, but that takes away the appeal of lighter melee weapons for me.

The best solution I can see if as simple as offering two button choices that you can map to your keyboard/controller. One would be "Melee", and the other would be "Melee/Heavy Attack". It seems self explanatory, but obviously "Melee" button option would NOT be capable if initiation a heavy attack, while "Melee/Heavy Attack" button option would allow for the heavy attack when you hold. Controller button mapping already compiles a few functions into each button anyway, so this idea wouldn't be much different than what they already use for other functions. Then players could easily map whichever selection they prefer to their typical melee attack button, and it wouldn't even require a toggle.

On 2019-11-16 at 11:29 AM, CeePee said:

Drop your fps and attack speed, in their infinite wisdom the feature is tied to both:

With nikana prime it activates absolutely randomly, sometimes at the start of my attacks when I'm with only 1-2 hits in, sometimes after a couple of minutes.All tested with normal excal without any buffs, except the berserker increase. But even with that is activates even when berserker hasn't turn on sometimes.