Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Skin Problem, And How To Help It

torint

We all know rhino's 2nd ability, iron skin. Currently, at mid levels, it's a barrier that lasts some time. Past that, however, in levels such as Pluto, Ceres, or T3 void, it melts a bit to quickly out in the open. The old IS lasted 18 seconds with continuity, with complete invulnerability. We can all agree that was OP. Right now it has a flat 1200 absorption plus focus. The problem is plain numbers never scale.

What I propose to you in order to solve this issue is to give IS 6 seconds of invulnerability. After the 6 seconds, it can absorb 1200 damage. This way it isn't OP like the old IS, but still has scaling capability in higher levels. The invulnerability plus duration mods would make it 9.6 seconds. That's ok because you're using up 2 mod slots to buff it. That's the solution of thought about for awhile, and constructive feedback would be appreciated.

Or it could be like the old overheat, just with cc protection instead of damage.

Edited by torint

No more invulnerability. We fought tooth and nail to remove easy mods from Rhino.

Just a straight % damage reduction for a limited duration would have been fine. Works on shields, and is cumulative with armor on health.

It would scale well since you're supposed to have ranked up your shield/health mods by the time you get to high level areas.

Basically what Ember's Overheat used to be.

Iron Skin was working like that for like a week, before the fixed damage absorbed mechanism replaced it. But since CC immunity was bugged at that time, we never had the chance to test it properly. The change was badly rushed.

Pity, I'm pretty sure it would have been way more balanced than what we have now, which I find way too forgiving: no timing required, just pop Iron Skin when it wears off. Spamframe ftw.

No more invulnerability. We fought tooth and nail to remove easy mods from Rhino.

Just a straight % damage reduction for a limited duration would have been fine. Works on shields, and is cumulative with armor on health.

It would scale well since you're supposed to have ranked up your shield/health mods by the time you get to high level areas.

Basically what Ember's Overheat used to be.

Iron Skin was working like that for like a week, before the fixed damage absorbed mechanism replaced it. But since CC immunity was bugged at that time, we never had the chance to test it properly. The change was badly rushed.

Pity, I'm pretty sure it would have been way more balanced than what we have now, which I find way too forgiving: no timing required, just pop Iron Skin when it wears off. Spamframe ftw.

^^^^This. DE had the right idea with %DR, it's a shame that they couldn't implement poison and CC immunity at the time. Maybe now that they have a similar mechanic working on Link for Trinity they could give that another whirl on Rhino.

My thoughts are that in a whacky alternate universe where they actually did this they shouldn't make the DR scale with mod level seeing as it scales with enemy level, duration would be enough to make people want to level it up.

We all know rhino's 2nd ability, iron skin. Currently, at mid levels, it's a barrier that lasts some time. Past that, however, in levels such as Pluto, Ceres, or T3 void, it melts a bit to quickly out in the open. The old IS lasted 18 seconds with continuity, with complete invulnerability. We can all agree that was OP. Right now it has a flat 1200 absorption plus focus. The problem is plain numbers never scale.

What I propose to you in order to solve this issue is to give IS 6 seconds of invulnerability. After the 6 seconds, it can absorb 1200 damage. This way it isn't OP like the old IS, but still has scaling capability in higher levels. The invulnerability plus duration mods would make it 9.6 seconds. That's ok because you're using up 2 mod slots to buff it. That's the solution of thought about for awhile, and constructive feedback would be appreciated.

Or it could be like the old overheat, just with cc protection instead of damage.

I'v alrdy posted the same idea multiple times in multiple threads but no one rly seems to care enough to get DE to look at it. It's just another one of those abilitys who are kinda bad in a few ways however not broken enough to get anyone to care since there are a ton of more "contoverse" skills like MPrime.

I'v alrdy posted the same idea multiple times in multiple threads but no one rly seems to care enough to get DE to look at it. It's just another one of those abilitys who are kinda bad in a few ways however not broken enough to get anyone to care since there are a ton of more "contoverse" skills like MPrime.

Most Rhino players gave up trying to change anything about Rhino 2.0 after weeks of spamming the forums with pleas to not go the route they did. I mean at that time you could open up the forum main page and at least 1/3rd of the posts were about Iron Skin. 

If that couldnt get them to fix it, nothing will. Hate to be negative but Scott thinks its fine so. Yea, get used to it.

Edited by WARLOCKE