Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best elemental for each kuva weapon

Raskol

Been trying to figure out best possible elemental bonus for each individual kuva weapon taking into account their stats and build its best to go with:

Tonkor - high rad
Quartakk - low heat
Chakkhurr - high rad
Drakgoon - high toxin
Ogris - high heat (for gas build)
Twin stubbas - low heat
Brakk - high toxin/electric
Kraken - high heat
Seer - high heat (for gas build)
Shildeg - high rad/heat
Ayanga - high rad/heat
Kohm - high toxin
Karak - high heat (or low toxin/cold for slash build)

Correct me if im wrong somewhere.

All of it is build for corrosive (unless its gas) and before you ask why low heat, ill explain it briefly - cause of new heat proc and the fact it doesnt stack like corrosive, so you want it to proc but not too much in fact.
Also why not toxin/electric then and use heat mod on weapon? Well having a low innate heat will provide more corrosive procs than having high innate toxin/electric and using 60/60 heat mod on a gun

Im still missing karak and kohm so i wouldnt mind some ideas for those as well 
Updated

PS. Rivens are not considered here so it may be better for completely different elemental if you have one, especially for the shotgun ones

PS 2. I managed to get both high and low heat Kraken and did lots of testing

It seems like that at least for Kraken its better to have high heat instead of low. The thing is: while low heat in theory should provide some heat procs and more corrosive than high heat but in practice it often doesnt proc heat at all (or when enemy is at low hp). Combining that and the fact higher bonus = higher overall dmg makes it better choice when it comes to kraken.

The low heat rule still applies to the fast firing weapons like Karak or Twin stubbas tho 

PS 3. Got low heat karak from a clanmate - the heat procs just occur too rarely or not at all with such low value (killed a bunch of lvl 170 gunners with bodyshots and not a single heat proc on them for the most time lol). Another proof that theory =/= practice. Only twin stubbas actually work well with low heat so theres at least that 😛

Edited by Raskol
  • Like 3

Just now, Raskol said:

Nope cuz innate toxin doesnt contribute for the tick dmg

Forgot to mention it 

But wouldnt additional toxin mods scale better off the innate toxin?

Personally I think high toxin on everything besides the chakkhurr which will be radiation unless you dont wanna use it for eidolon hunts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

But wouldnt additional toxin mods scale better off the innate toxin?

Personally I think high toxin on everything besides the chakkhurr which will be radiation unless you dont wanna use it for eidolon hunts.

They might scale better but the DoT ticks don't hence why it's a waste of time to assume toxin is best for gas in these scenarios.

For Drakgoon, high toxin or high heat works (depending on your Riven).
On my toxin Kuva Drakgoon with this build, my Riven and Motus setup give me enough status chance to reach 100% with a single 60/60 mods there, so here I'm running Primed Charged Shell and Toxic Barrage for the status chance and more corrosive damage, but with high heat instead, the build would still works the same but have low chance of triggering heat.
With low heat (25%), I get 3.5% chances of triggering heat per pellet over 37 pellets, so ~1.2 pellet per shot, but high heat (60%), I get 7.5% chances of triggering heat per pellet, so ~2.7 pellets per shot, but for ano overall +28% damages increase which is worth the 1 corrosive proc loss over 37 pellets.
DrakgoonBuild.png

For Ogris, as @(PS4)Hooligaffe mentionned, toxin instead of heat is a better option, but electricity may work too to go for gas + electricity instead of pure gas. I haven't tested yet so I can't really say but I think pure gas (with +60% toxin) would be better, especially with Nightwatch Napalm.

il y a 22 minutes, Raskol a dit :

Nope cuz innate toxin doesnt contribute for the tick dmg

Forgot to mention it 

It does, otherwise unmodded Mire wouldn't proc toxin at all (just a example). Also innate corrosive/viral/gas count for toxin/gas procs as if 50% of the said element value were toxin.

Edit : stuff I said about gas/toxin is totally wrong. So toxin/heat are both equally good for Ogris if going for gas build.

Edited by lukinu_u
Added a missing word after re-reading.

10 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

For Ogris, as @(PS4)Hooligaffe mentionned, toxin instead of heat is a better option, but electricity may work too to go for gas + electricity instead of pure gas. I haven't tested yet so I can't really say but I think pure gas (with +60% toxin) would be better, especially with Nightwatch Napalm.

It does, otherwise unmodded Mire wouldn't proc toxin at all (just a example). Also innate corrosive/viral/gas count for toxin/gas procs as if 50% of the said element value were toxin.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Gas_Damage

"However, innate Toxin b Toxin damage from weapons such as the InfQuantaRifle Paracyst does not contribute to the damage-over-time ticks.

I just roll with the most official info i got, i guess it could use some testing specifically on kuva weps

Edited by Raskol

il y a 8 minutes, Raskol a dit :

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Gas_Damage

"However, innate Toxin b Toxin damage from weapons such as the InfQuantaRifle Paracyst does not contribute to the damage-over-time ticks."

My bad, you're right !
My confusion come from the opposite, I did with Zakti : modding for corrosive but since the weapon have innate gas, the toxin mod that make corrosive actually contribute to the gas proc.

26 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

My bad, you're right !
My confusion come from the opposite, I did with Zakti : modding for corrosive but since the weapon have innate gas, the toxin mod that make corrosive actually contribute to the gas proc.

Damn, idk now, did some testing

Clanmates 40% toxin vs my 55% heat and its screwed up

Not only innate toxin does not do more tick dmg but my ogris did more lol

Serration + thermite rounds + malignant force: tick values were 77 for his ogris and 86 for mine

il y a 25 minutes, Raskol a dit :

Damn, idk now, did some testing

Clanmates 40% toxin vs my 55% heat and its screwed up

Not only innate toxin does not do more tick dmg but my ogris did more lol

Serration + thermite rounds + malignant force: tick values were 77 for his ogris and 86 for mine

Oh ?
I just tested before saying I was wrong, with the Mire and the toxin proc of my 53 damages hit dit a 26 damages which is basically "base damage * (toxin mod multiplier /2) = 53*(1/2)=26.5
If the innate toxin damage were considered, I would have ended up with 53*(1.7/2)=45.05 damages per tick.

But since Kuva weapon works differently and the elemental bonus depend on the weapon, it could be considered as mod multiplier in the calculation.
It require more testing, but it could mean Kuva weapon and damage based proc could be even stronger.
If elemental Kuva buff damages are considered as elemental mods modifier, it could mean the "base value" is based on the non-elemental version. So maybe a 60% toxin mod on a +25% toxin Kuva weapon isn't worth +0.6 mod modifier but +0.6*1.25=75, meaning adding the mod bring the weapon from x1.25 toxin mod modifier to x2 in the proc calculation.

I haven't tested this at all and it's just a theory, but sharing so you can test with your clanmates since I only have one toxin Kuva weapon and can't compare.

Edited by lukinu_u

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

Kohm you want max Toxin.

I'd rather go with heat (well I did go with heat)

Reason is that I really do not need more corrosive on my anti armor build. It gets shredded under half a second anyway. Heat is gonna be the element that will end up being the brunt of your damage. Even more so after u26 because of the proc buffs.

13 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

I'd rather go with heat (well I did go with heat)

Reason is that I really do not need more corrosive on my anti armor build. It gets shredded under half a second anyway. Heat is gonna be the element that will end up being the brunt of your damage. Even more so after u26 because of the proc buffs.

Wo a riven the innate heat will mix into blast/rad - so i guess it depends if u have one and can skip few status mods or not

il y a 1 minute, jmthebigman a dit :

Yet gas ticks scale off toxin mods... so doesnt that increase the tick dmg more?

They scale off toxin mods, which is very different from scaling off toxin damage on the weapon.

The calculation of toxin proc ticks damages is "base damage * (toxin mod multiplier / 2)", so let's say you have a weapon with innate 40 impact and 60 toxin for a total of 100 base damage, your toxin ticks will deal 100 * (1/2) = 50 damages, because the innate toxin isn't part of the toxin mod multiplier.

I am gonna stick to one heat and one Toxin of each weapon. That is going to cover almost all combinations that would normally be needed. 

Would also free up a mod space for other utility. 

I have been running a lot lore utility than damage mods on these kuva weapons and I love it. 

5 minutes ago, Raskol said:

Wo a riven the innate heat will mix into blast/rad - so i guess it depends if u have one and can skip few status mods or not

Yeah Ok. With a riven. But its not that hard to gain the neccesary % on a Kuva kohm now as the minumum you need is 58% something and although its lower in stats you still get way more then that. So its not like the odds on a normal kohm.

But yes, I should have mentioned that.

• 1 month later...