Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to turn off heavy attack on holding E

C104

The titel says it all doesn`t it. I want to have the option of NOT reforming a heavy attack on holding my melee button. At the moment it is impossible to turn of this mechanic. It removes the combo count and seriously damages builds that realy on it. Of course i am not saying to remove it outright. Some people might enjoy it, it was readded in the latest hotfix because of community feedback. 

All i want is simple the option to deactivate this mechanic under option. Please DE don`t destroy this beautifull new meleesystem by some stupid feature! 

What do you guys think, should we be able to turn of the heavy attack on held melee attack?

• Like 1

I quite liked having the option to rebind my heavy attack key separately from E, especially since DE had reduced the time one has to hold E in order to trigger the heavy attack. So many times I've sticky fingered a heavy attack because of it and was glad when the Old Blood hit, but then someone whined as usual and they reverted it back...

The literal only thing that I don't like about the new implementation is that before the change holding E would instantly cause you to go into a heavy attack. Now instead of going strait to a heavy attack from nothing you also go through a light attack animation a pause and then start to ramp up the heavy attack. 

All I want are my old heavy attacks back at the hold of E cause frankly E and Hold E just work and in my opinion other than the newly implemented odd delay... just work. 

That said if I was to guess what's causing it, probably host lag, people are probably pressing E for whatever reason a packet is getting lost somewhere and suddenly the host is seeing it as a held E at which point the client informs the host that they held E and forces a heavy attack? Anyhoo dats mah bust goose