Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive (Pathocyst) + Life strike/Killing Blow

Krenlik

From what I can see, Life Strike isn't healing when doing the throws (heavy strike.)  Life Strike is only working with a Heavy Slam.

Digging a little deeper, equipped with Killing Blow the damage of Throw isn't increasing, nor is the Heavy Strike Slam.. only a stock heavy strike increases... but as far as I can tell it's not possible to do any heavy strike EXCEPT a throw (which isn't considered a heavy strike?)  Killing Blow seems to increase the speed of the throw windup, which would imply that it's a heavy strike but the stats aren't listed on the page under throw so can't tell.

So, how are glaives supposed to work now with the heavy strike thing?

4 hours ago, Skaleek said:

The heavy strike is considered exploding the glaive after it is thrown (push heavy attack again during glaive midflight). It was to allow you to throw glaives without expending your whole combo. It has its ups and downs.

I would rather throw it and have it expend my combo and benefit from the combo multiplier cuz i can build that easily with a glavie and it would make my throws actually powerful and useful and not just something "i can do" with the weapon somewhat like it was before this recent patch

21 hours ago, Skaleek said:

The heavy strike is considered exploding the glaive after it is thrown (push heavy attack again during glaive midflight). It was to allow you to throw glaives without expending your whole combo. It has its ups and downs.

Ah, thank you. Des a throw build combo multiplier, or only melee attacks?  Haven't really been paying attention.