Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Need Of A Refined Chat Client - Or Not?

kazenioware

There are some points you could do about the chat

1st that comes to mind is that ingame if i have the healthbars on i RARELY take notice of all the short messages of other players. pleeez don't overlay such tasks...
Would be nice if the chat-view ingame would memorize the repositioning as my setting then.

2nd: it would be nice if i could send the last players i played a message. i can add them, i can see their profiles, i even can report them, but oddly enough i cant send them a message...

3rd would be the chat window itself. Why cant i click the names in the chat-view? scrolling down the register with all the names is quite inconvenient.

4th: a double chat-window or at least a text integration (in different colors) in the view if someone speaks in the group window so u can notice it in the other views would be nice too.

5th: it's quite common that the players write a message to the wrong contact. How you make it better doesn't matter. Via double-click or smoother context maybe?

Most of that points would make the chat better i think and easy to fix too.
There are other things but i know WF is not an IM so those improvements would do perfectly 4 me.

p.s.:btw offtopic:

it would be more convenient if we could remove mods via right-click. That would be awesome.
A timestamp for the invites would be good, cuz when you are afk and coming back u know if it's still good.
Symbols indicating your current status would be good too e.g. like afk...

i didn't check the board very thoroughly for those topics so sry in case of a 2xpost.

Thx & hf

Edited by kazenioware

2nd: it would be nice if i could send the last players i played a message. i can add them, i can see their profiles, i even can report them, but oddly enough i cant send them a message...

That is already in the game...

You just go to your contacts, press on that thing that looks like a revers button and you have those stuff in there.

I definitely feel the need for a new chat UI is in place, and preferrably something that would save the location of where I last placed it ._..

Also, you can move the chat in game, so it doesn't overlap with the healthbars, simply pull at the top of the chatbox.

I definitely feel the need for a new chat UI is in place, and preferrably something that would save the location of where I last placed it ._..

It's definetly time. Annoys me since the beginning of the time. If DE pay me a cent for every meter I have to move my cursor

cause of this, I would be a fckin millionaire.

That is already in the game...

You just go to your contacts, press on that thing that looks like a revers button and you have those stuff in there.

You mean that circle shaped arrow?

i have three options there: 1.add as a friend, 2.report player, 3.view profile.

Send message isn't one of them.

I guess, what you meant is i can send friends a message, but i meant other players from any last games.

Also, you can move the chat in game, so it doesn't overlap with the healthbars, simply pull at the top of the chatbox.

Thx my bad.

Didn't realize that i can move the frame.

Would be nice if the chat-view ingame would memorize the repositioning as my setting though. (I didn't i get that wrong too xD?)

Edited by kazenioware