Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine, Soma And Other Uber Weaps Are Not Here To Stay

TezeretFoxtrot

think about it, damage 2.0 is being worked out as we speak

and in the last few weeks a lot of over the top stuff got live

they are experimenting, and gathering feedback on things they never tried before

expecially on crit chance and crit damage

most of the most recent additions sport huge crit chances, and i remember reading somewhere on these forums that elemental mods were to be switched to chances proc'ing out of crit chance percentage, cant provide and source of proof so take the last statement with an iceberg-sized grain of salt

anyway, soma and its huge 35% crit chance

galatine and its huge 400 charge damage and 25% charged crit chance

synapse with ridiculous 50% crit chance

dual ichor with 3.0x/25% and full armor ignore

not to mention all absurd mods came out in the last few weeks, like all the attention put on block and related mechanics

DE is testing ideas, some of these things will be changed and/or balanced

think about the past months and how such behavior would totally be forseeable from DE

The title of this thread makes an absolute statement, yet the basis of this claim is based solely on speculation. As far as I know, no details about armor 2.0 have been released. That said, I am looking forward to what armor 2.0 may bring and I hope that it will balance out the current issues with the armor/armor ignore situation. It's nice to think about a time where new, non-armor ignore weapons won't be considered as nothing more than uncompetitive mastery fodder.

Armor 2.0 has a lot riding on its shoulders. For all we know they could just be changing the way Armor works and make no change to weapon/Warframe damage. We have raised our expectations too far before.

My bar of expectations is set rather low and I am not expecting DE to do FromSoftware level of polish of weapons and NPC. I do not waste time on speculating beyond what DE directly said. If they do a balance pass of weapons and fix armor that is good enough for me. 

Edited by LazyKnight

I'm having doubts armor 2.0 is coming at all. It should have came with U10 and they even ruined perfectly good frame in preparation for it. Now Ember is unused until they finally get it done.

I've been wondering why Ember is so weak and easily taken down. It's ridiculous. I remember being able to run into battle with her and kick &#! like the Rhino.

yeah they took away most of her second ability's damage reduction, she cant tank anymore, was fun, too bad

anyway, i agree with those expecting just a little adjustment to armor-scaling's slope and nothing else

if elemental damage gets really chenged to a chance-like proc, just like crit, i think i am going to avoid it like plague

actually, what really makes me uncomfortable with the current damage formula, is that equipping all 3 elements + AP comes with no drawback at all, which feels too simplistic to me. way too 'easy' to pack a punch, and also highjacks attention from other 'utility' mods

a practical example. after months of despair (was so lucky to get them just a few days after release, used them since) i crafted myself twin vipers. they are great, and i felt crit build was the right choise, but 2 seconds reload time is huge for a gun which can unloaded in less than a sec (with icestorm and lethal torrent, 39 bullets in the clip and 40 bullets per sec).

well, in all honestly, i swapped both crit mods for maxed out quickdraw and stunning speed, down to 1 sec reload time, and i like them much more now. might have swapped ammo mutator for target cracker if only pistol scavenger was doing his job as always, but it is not, so mutator and reload speed for now

actually, overall my sustained DPS is almost same as with crit mods: one clip with default cirt equals, say, X damage. with crit mods, one clip is worth 1.48X, takes one clip to shoot and 2 secs to reload, sustained damage 1.48X / 3 = 0.5X. now with reload we have X damage in 1 sec and 1 sec to reload, which is again 0.5X. i know i am dealing less damage per bullet, i am less ammo efficient and it takes more bullets to kill the same target, but the fast reload makes target switching and crowd controlling a lot easier

i would love to have more utility, and less obvious choices when it comes to put mods on a gun

Edited by TezeretFoxtrot

I've been wondering why Ember is so weak and easily taken down. It's ridiculous. I remember being able to run into battle with her and kick &#! like the Rhino.

"Damage frames aren't supposed to tank"-Scott

I don't know what they were thinking when they implemented frame changes before the damage rework. Right now Ember is neither. If I remember right overheat used to give up to 91% damage reduction with focus, it may be a bit too much but right now I think it's capped at 41% and focus doesn't affect it.

yeah they took away most of her second ability's damage reduction, she cant tank anymore, was fun, too bad

anyway, i agree with those expecting just a little adjustment to armor-scaling's slope and nothing else

if elemental damage gets really chenged to a chance-like proc, just like crit, i think i am going to avoid it like plague

actually, what really makes me uncomfortable with the current damage formula, is that equipping all 3 elements + AP comes with no drawback at all, which feels too simplistic to me. way too 'easy' to pack a punch, and also highjacks attention from other 'utility' mods

a practical example. after months of despair (was so lucky to get them just a few days after release, used them since) i crafted myself twin vipers. they are great, and i felt crit build was the right choise, but 2 seconds reload time is huge for a gun which can unloaded in less than a sec (with icestorm and lethal torrent, 39 bullets in the clip and 40 bullets per sec).

well, in all honestly, i swapped both crit mods for maxed out quickdraw and stunning speed, down to 1 sec reload time, and i like them much more now. might have swapped ammo mutator for target cracker if only pistol scavenger was doing his job as always, but it is not, so mutator and reload speed for now

actually, overall my sustained DPS is almost same as with crit mods: one clip with default cirt equals, say, X damage. with crit mods, one clip is worth 1.48X, takes one clip to shoot and 2 secs to reload, sustained damage 1.48X / 3 = 0.5X. now with reload we have X damage in 1 sec and 1 sec to reload, which is again 0.5X. i know i am dealing less damage per bullet, i am less ammo efficient and it takes more bullets to kill the same target, but the fast reload makes target switching and crowd controlling a lot easier

i would love to have more utility, and less obvious choices when it comes to put mods on a gun

Actually odds are it's going to be the opposite. Right now rainbow builds only work at low levels, since at higher levels enemies resist the elements too much (besides AP), and at those levels the extra damage is mostly overkill. With the way crits and elements are going to work, we will likely see weapons having to equip crit mods as well as elemental mods, and if damage and multishot stay the way they are, crit weapons are going to be loaded with mods (damage, multishot, AP, lethal torrent for pistols/hammer shot for rifles, crit, crit damage, element) and non-crit weapons will have tons of free space.

What we really need are frame mods that give Tenno more limbs so we can hold more weapons.

actually i would like to see more 'weapon utility' mods ON WARFRAMES :)

currently, my standard build for everything is powers + redirection vitality streamline stretch rush focus

on a few i swap out something for constitution (moar duration) but this is it, mostly

i'd like to see a "gun juggler" warframe mod for increased reload speed for all equipped weapons (or an aura, given the one we recently got for fast weapon switch), or a "strengthened arm" warframe mod/aura for increased stability/accuracy on all weapons, or a "spare clip" warframe mod/aura for increased spare ammo pool for all weapons... stuff like that i would certainly use if they were decent (not like +5% max or jokes like that)

Kill something in 2-5 shots> weak weapon

Kill something in 1 shot> oped weapon

Warframe community logic...

Depends on what kind of weapon 2 - 5 shot a target. If it's a Sniper or Single shot rifle like Latron then yes it's kinda weak, but if it's a Machine gun or assault rifle then it's op obviously. Same goes for side arms.

Levels and type of mob are also taken into account.

Look up your facts before posting.