The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MOD: Exponential Shields

(PSN)LoneWolf_001

Hm... sounds interesting, but how would it stack with other damage reduction abilities? An additive stacking would become OP rapidly, for the record, since there are a few Warframes with damage reduction abilities,like Ember's Immolate, which provides increasing reduction as the meter charges.

(Additive example: 90% reduction from mod + 95% reduction from a Strength Mirage's Eclipse in the dark/at night on the Plains = 185% Damage reduction.)

2 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Hm... sounds interesting, but how would it stack with other damage reduction abilities? An additive stacking would become OP rapidly, for the record, since there are a few Warframes with damage reduction abilities,like Ember's Immolate, which provides increasing reduction as the meter charges.

(Additive example: 90% reduction from mod + 95% reduction from a Strength Mirage's Eclipse in the dark/at night on the Plains = 185% Damage reduction.)

right but that would only be for the small amount of shield left.

I'd imagine it would be a flat cap at 90% which would be close to the shields breaking anyway. Warframe abilities that have 95% reduction should overwrite it. Think of it like armor for your shields only that gets stronger the less shields you have. Valid points, I hadn't thought of it as an additive or multiplicative point of reductions.

I don't think people have considered the latency issues of warframe, even rage and quick thinking have had issues in the past for these types of mechanics

if your shields are updating resistances constantly, one bout of lag and POOF influx of raging squeakers about how this mod is useless and doesn't work reliably.

I doubt there would be an issue in solo conditions but from host or client, I'm not as confident

then we get into the issue of scaling resistance, how would this come into play with mag procs?, overshields?, nidus/inaros/grendel, where as most frames wouldn't reap much if any benifit from a mod such as this.

a neat concept but in the end it feels like it'll be about as useful as those +15% status chance mods like sure shot and melee prowess, being only useful if it's the only mod you have to buff up your shields at the start of playing WF

I would so precisely the oposite . reiforced shields. Shield has 10 stacks of reinforced shield. Each stack gives the player 10% damage reduction . whenever the player receives a hit , 1 stack is destroyed. Stacks only regerete after 3 seconds of the shields being full at the rate of 1 stack per X second.

• Like 1