Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Kuva Lich Spawning

KezuraHonshi

After hunting for 5 Kuva Lich; I wanted to see if anyone else feels the way I do on this subject.

After gaining all the murmurs, the Liches seem to take their time to spawn in to your missions. When I go to finally hunt the thing down to end it's tirade; it can take as many as 8-10 runs for them to show up. Considering that you can be left with no capture missions or exterminates, and instead have to resort to 10-15 minute long runs from defenses, mobile defenses, interceptions, etc; It just brings me to a burn out. I've already spent hours farming the murmurs. Now I have to play for another hour or so, just to see if I have the correct order of mods. If I had a single mod in a wrong position, I end up having to run for another hour.

So I wanted to suggest an idea that I was hoping other players could give their opinions on, whether or not it's a good idea. Just a friendly discussion.

I think that after you find the final murmur; Ordis should tell you that he found the location of the Kuva Lich. (Only after the final murmur is found. I don't think that you should be able to randomly stumble upon the location.) After that, the star-chart should highlight a random mission node within the Kuva Lich's sectors; a mission node that behaves like a capture mission. The Kuva Lich will always be waiting for you at this mission node for you to try to kill/convert it. Another idea would be implementing something that behaves like the Kuva fortress. The Kuva Lich has it's own ship that orbits one of it's sectors at random. This way you can storm the Lich's ship. The same way that the Empyrean Trailer at Tennocon showed Rebecca storming the ship to kill her Lich.

Sorry for the long read; but I wanted to discuss this with other players to see what they think.

Edited by KezuraHonshi

14 hours ago, Haydenator1912 said:

Also mercy random grineer should have a 10% chance of giving murners. That would be cool

I agree; most of the time I find myself just killing the regular grineer because mercy doesn't have a purpose for them. There's the mods for blinding enemies, restoring ammo, and dropping a health/energy orb; but unless you're really hurting for those there isn't a point.