Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think PVP can be successful ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

nah I don't think pvp is ever going to work in warframe now then what I would like to see is some kinda PvEvP something like what destiny 2 does I feel would suit warframe far better

Edited by King733

57 minutes ago, King733 said:

nah I don't think pvp is ever going to work in warframe now then what I would like to see is some kinda PvEvP something like what destiny 2 does I feel would suit warframe far better

As long as WF doesn’t pull a “you can ONLY get this Meta weapon by doing PVP, and half the people in this mode already have it and will wreck you. Also, half of them are using cheats/hacks/exploits”. 

At least now Bungie is banning people. Was in a match and four just... left. Messaged one to see if it was connection errors at a LAN party. Nope!-they got banned for using an X-ray cheat. 

Also, you can tell a system is broken just by googling the weapons. Looking up a quest guide to see the steps to do it? The top results are ads for paid carries. 

If you want to pvp, play a game that has pvp. Conclave was an afterthought to appeal to CSO/COD players. WF has always been experimental with its mission modes and new content, but pvp doesn’t suit a completely modular weapon/character MMO. There’s no way to truly balance a game that has unpredictable player builds. That’s why PVP in Destiny sucks. Or Elder Scrolls. It’s not player friendly; the only ones who enjoy it or seek it out are those who get paid, (often through PayPal or Vermont), to carry people through it. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Warframe does have PvP, thats why we play it.

Do you have any evidence to back that up?

Think about everything a person can do in Warframe. Some sit in trade chat all day. Some like to build sculptured scenes in dojos. Some like to fashion frame. Some break out the calculators for optimised builds. Some play Rathuum event for leaderboards, going into 16+ hour runs. Some simply do Mot survival for hours for fun to see how long they can go. 

We then got Plains, and it played a lot like Breath of the Wild. Coincidently, that’s kind of when it (Zelda), was released. The hype for open world exploration and resource gathering was exciting! I know someone who fishes just for a relaxing activity while babysitting. Or railjack, with the concept of having AI crew mates, connecting missions planetside with space combat. 

The focus of this game’s genera has never been pvp. Tenshin was repurposed to be an NPC for a pve story quest with the Queens. But we have random things like Wyrmius (side scrolling retro shooter) frame fighter (an obvious reference), Lunaro (Rocket League)? Octavia’s Mario Paint Composer. Shawzin Guitar Hero. Happy Zephyr, Flappy Bird. 

Is Warframe known for these things? No. Not at all. It’s known for being a free to play PVE that is incredibly customisable for gameplay and weaponry. 

Not pvp. 

EDIT: just tried frame fighter and oh boy is it nearly unplayable. It was at Tennocon for funsies, and now it’s in the game. But man, is it clunky and honestly forgotten about. Sure, Helios picks up new characters here and there but there’s no point to it really. 

EDIT EDIT: It took twenty minutes just to find one other person in conclave that lasted all of three minutes. Compare that to Railjack? Murmurs? Eidalon hunts? Kuva missions? Even at the most random of times when my insomnia is at full swing 3am on a Thursday, I’ll find a full squad for Hydron. 

Compare that to Destiny’s Crucible, where new weapons aren’t locked behind premeditated balancing walls like our new Warframes/guns are. Where you can be a PVP player who does just enough story/pve to unlock it and do nothing but pvp, and still have enough players for a full match every time. Sure, you may run into the same people if you play Crucible at odd times, but finding matches doesn’t take nearly as long, is much more optimised, and has a full lobby. 

Am I a PVPer? Sure, I do own battlefield, Overwatch, whatever. On Warframe? Nope. It’s not a PvP game and never will be. 

Edited by (XB1)TheRosenBones

9 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Think about everything a person can do in Warframe. Some sit in trade chat all day. Some like to build sculptured scenes in dojos. Some like to fashion frame. Some break out the calculators for optimised builds. Some play Rathuum event for leaderboards, going into 16+ hour runs. Some simply do Mot survival for hours for fun to see how long they can go. 

We then got Plains, and it played a lot like Breath of the Wild. Coincidently, that’s kind of when it (Zelda), was released. The hype for open world exploration and resource gathering was exciting! I know someone who fishes just for a relaxing activity while babysitting. Or railjack, with the concept of having AI crew mates, connecting missions planetside with space combat. 

That is good for them. I am glad that there is content in the game for them to enjoy. Everyone can enjoy Warframe for different reasons. Warframe's diversity of content is unmatched in the gaming market. No one comes close to matching it. Some people in the Warframe community enjoy PvP. None of us are asking for PvP to become the main focus of the game. We just happen to enjoy the PvP that is in the game. Nobody is seeking to remove any of the content that you listed from the game, however, there are people seeking to remove Conclave from the game. To some members of this community, Conclave is why we play Warframe.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

The focus of this game’s genera has never been pvp. Tenshin was repurposed to be an NPC for a pve story quest with the Queens. But we have random things like Wyrmius (side scrolling retro shooter) frame fighter (an obvious reference), Lunaro (Rocket League)? Octavia’s Mario Paint Composer. Shawzin Guitar Hero. Happy Zephyr, Flappy Bird. 

Nobody is saying that PvP should be the main focus of Warframe.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Is Warframe known for these things? No. Not at all. It’s known for being a free to play PVE that is incredibly customisable for gameplay and weaponry. 

Not pvp. 

That's subjective.

35 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

That's subjective.

Yes, it has pvp, but it’s such an infinitesimally small part of Warframe comparatively. DE doesn’t actively update it. Players don’t actively seek it. If it’s going to stay, it needs to have dedicated hosts and major updates to combat because it is so outdated. 

Subjective?

Conclaves only value is being able to say “I play conclave”. 

congrats, I guess

Why play Warframe pvp of all things when games like Apex or Fortnite exist? Or any other pvp focused game that at least _tries_, with frequent updates, new maps, new characters, new weapons............

yeah. Why subject yourself to sub par pvp? Who hurt you? 

Edited by (XB1)TheRosenBones
  • Like 3

On 2020-01-19 at 4:52 PM, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Man, that event really brings back some memories. I still wish the opticor variant was around.

Same here, same here.

On 2020-01-20 at 10:00 AM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

"There's so many people" and im in a empty lobby for an eternity as all those people don't actually exist,  "i play conclave" whistling through teeth as any other lie "there's alot of us" as screenshot from an unknown time is boosted of a discord server full people probably boosting each other in semi private games as no one wants to play conclave they just want to get the rewards and get out before gun in the mouth seems to be the more entertaining option. 

Conclave deserve to be in the trash along with the 4 people who play it lying to themselves of imaginary player counts and discords totally not filled with boosters wink

Keep slandering all you want, but that is definitely something that is not condoned. From the Discord rules:

u7wQz44.png

To be honest, we also don't want to deal with people who are displaying this kind of attitude of yours. That's always too much work to be worth the trouble.

14 hours ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Yes, it has pvp, but it’s such an infinitesimally small part of Warframe comparatively. DE doesn’t actively update it. Players don’t actively seek it. If it’s going to stay, it needs to have dedicated hosts and major updates to combat because it is so outdated. 

Subjective?

Conclaves only value is being able to say “I play conclave”. 

congrats, I guess

Why play Warframe pvp of all things when games like Apex or Fortnite exist? Or any other pvp focused game that at least _tries_, with frequent updates, new maps, new characters, new weapons............

yeah. Why subject yourself to sub par pvp? Who hurt you? 

Name me a game that has the kind of mobility and arsenal that Warframe has. Want to actually be that Space Ninja that they advertise and take it to the limit against non-braindead opponents? That's Conclave in a nutshell.

Apex and Fortnite? Running around on a big map and into short random encounters? They don't interest me in the slightest, to be honest. So I agree, why subject myself to subpar pvp? No thanks.

Edited by Kontrollo
formatting
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Yes, it has pvp, but it’s such an infinitesimally small part of Warframe comparatively. DE doesn’t actively update it.

Let's make a key distinction here, DE doesn't update conclave not because the population is low from your ignorant perspective, but because JoeBuck is busy working on other aspects of the game. Unlike raids, Conclave has an active playerbase and will likely continue to exist for a very long time.

2 hours ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

it needs to have dedicated hosts

We have had dedicated hosts since 2017.

4 hours ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

major updates to combat because it is so outdated

How is it outdated?

4 hours ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Conclaves only value is being able to say “I play conclave”

Conclave is one of the best arena shooters that have ever been made. Conclave isn't perfect, it has it's issues (no spectator system, no custom lobbies, the entire oro system). Yet Conclave is still great. Conclave keeps the players that enjoy it playing the game. It may not have any value in your perspective, but it does in ours. If Warframe stopped receiving updates, most of the playerbase would leave. Conclave hasn't received updates for two years and we still play. The ratio of player retention to dev investment is extremely in the case of Conclave. It is a net benefit for the game, and therefore it is a net benefit for you.

15 hours ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Why play Warframe pvp of all things when games like Apex or Fortnite exist?

There are significant differences in the gameplay between those games and the gameplay of Conclave. Different games appeal to different people. In my opinion, I don't like battle royales. I think they are too hyped up people. It's also inherently random on how each fight happens. Some person may land next to me and loot a shotgun and kill me instantly, thats not fun for anybody.

16 hours ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Or any other pvp focused game that at least _tries_, with frequent updates

Chess has not been updated in a thousand years and millions of people play it daily.

new maps, new characters, new weapons

Those used to get added into Conclave all the time. Our most recent map is the Gas Works rework, to be more aligned with the stylistic decisions that DE made for Jupiter. Despite Conclave not receiving the updates its community deserves, the community is still healthy and active.

Why subject yourself to sub par pvp?

Well, it is not sub-par PvP. I think DE has done an excellent job whenever they worked on Conclave. Why are you defining Conclave as sub-par PvP? I would like to see some elaboration on this. I think your opinion comes from a place of misunderstanding.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Keep slandering all you want, but that is definitely something that is not condoned. From the Discord rules:

u7wQz44.png

Not slandering when it's the truth, empty lobbies and 30 min wait time for another soul to wander in is good enough proof of the non existent playerbase that you lie about also a discord means jack. Oh there's 3000 online, and 98% of those people are playing other games. It's like yeah i have plenty of friends, they're all at my place and you're talking about few dozen skeletons in your closet.

2 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

To be honest, we also don't want to deal with people who are displaying this kind of attitude of yours. That's always too much work to be worth the trouble.

Oh hi pot meet kettle. Conclave players are the most vile players in the black pits of the warframe community. Had a few friends ddosed by simply winning a conclave match and lets not forget your vile community actively screws over pve rewards, remember the universal syndicate medallion? It's basically useless for all syndicates except for conclave were there's no one playing it to even get rep in the first place but to the conclave gatekeepers this threatened their one claim that makes them unique so they screamed at the devs on Twitter (of course Twitter where the most toxic people reside) and welp the medallion is useless now i have 10 collecting dust as i have no use for them and i wished echoes of umbra stayed in at least that has a novelty use, all because some people felt threatened that others would have a digital cape in a video game. But keep strawmaning that nonexistent playerbase and discord full of people playing complete other games

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Not slandering when it's the truth, empty lobbies and 30 min wait time for another soul to wander in is good enough proof of the non existent playerbase that you lie about also a discord means jack. Oh there's 3000 online, and 98% of those people are playing other games. It's like yeah i have plenty of friends, they're all at my place and you're talking about few dozen skeletons in your closet.

Oh hi pot meet kettle. Conclave players are the most vile players in the black pits of the warframe community. Had a few friends ddosed by simply winning a conclave match and lets not forget your vile community actively screws over pve rewards, remember the universal syndicate medallion? It's basically useless for all syndicates except for conclave were there's no one playing it to even get rep in the first place but to the conclave gatekeepers this threatened their one claim that makes them unique so they screamed at the devs on Twitter (of course Twitter where the most toxic people reside) and welp the medallion is useless now i have 10 collecting dust as i have no use for them and i wished echoes of umbra stayed in at least that has a novelty use, all because some people felt threatened that others would have a digital cape in a video game. But keep strawmaning that nonexistent playerbase and discord full of people playing complete other games

Sure sure, keep it up. I can obviously not speak for the people on the consoles, but in all my time playing Conclave, I've never been DDoS'd by anyone. And I played it a lot back in 2015 and 2016. Now again for a bit in 2019. So that doesn't sound very likely to me. Got any proof? If so, I highly recommend talking to support about that.

First of all, the "one guy on twitter" does not represent the whole of the Conclave community, from what I've seen reactions were on a wide spectrum (people having opinions, you know). And secondly, if you've seen what he wrote on Twitter and what reactions he got from the "warm and welcoming" Warframe (PvE) community in his follow-up Reddit thread where he tried to be reasonable and just voice his opinion -- makes one kinda ashamed to be part of it. He's not even one of the regulars from what I can tell -- just some dude who got made the scapegoat.

I said we don't want to deal with this kind of attitude, and you double down on it. Just proving my point, to be honest.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

I hope you're not trying to lump every conclave player into that 'most vile players' category. While toxic players are common, they're not the, especially for people who aren't well-known, since it takes an especially bad sort of person to just be horrendous towards everyone, rather than select people.

Also, your sort of attitude and reasoning  referred to is exactly what quite a lot of the well-known toxic players use. You might be surprised at how many actually have what they claim to consider to be justifications for their behavior, such as insulting players, from total newbies to top tiers. Toxicity doesn't have to be widely sourced to make a toxic environment. It just takes some persistence from those who don't care about what the community thinks, and have an objective which goes against that. Those people go on until the support ticket people or whoever get rid of them, which unfortunately often takes years for whatever reason.

Most skilled players want to see new people come in and improve. Most us don't even really care that much about the medallions, so long as they're not made too much easier to get. While the majority of us try to help conclave develop and grow, likely actively developing our skills and such in the process, those few toxic ones choose us to be their primary enemies for whatever reasons. Especially on console, this is often what holds people back from playing conclave. To make it clear, this is usually done by clans and/or friend groups. My experience, for example is when I see a player from one of such groups, others will soon join in to do stuff like team up, abuse glitches, taunt, and insult. I've even seen a screenshot where an alliance's welcome message was telling people to teabag me, along with 2 other players. I'm not trying to complain about this for my sake, since I've enjoyed conclave for years despite this, (I'd have moved on if it was too much to handle,) but you can probably understand how this would be too much to handle for most people, even if only a small percentage of players act that way, since that converts into a much higher percentage of lobbies.

• Like 2

(in response to OP) considering conclave is p2p, unsupported, and doesn't have a serious anticheat i would say its a big fat nuuuuu regardless of who might want it or not.

Personally i think the only way warframe can have solid PvP is to copy left for dead or something similar to destiny 2's gambit. imagine 2 teams playing survival but one life support node and you can spawn in blockers to eachother. and integrate the stalker mode into that. warframe could be so much more creative with this too as blockers could be in the form of rathuum modifiers like reduce energy and duration or spawn mag or radiation hazards that way if the other team has say saryn and volt cheesing you could spawn radiation and have them nuke eachother or use energy drain and duration to make squishy stealth frames completely vulnerable or just putting a lephantis on their life support node and totally flatline a status comp. ofcourse youd have to ban one or two cheese frames (i think nezha, revanent who dont suffer duration or take status effects and completely invulnerable at all times, and maybe Nidus) and disallow operator form(maybe), pets and gear items but i think it would be hugely successful given a fair amount of testing and experimenting.  

4 hours ago, Hypermega said:

(in response to OP) considering conclave is p2p, unsupported, and doesn't have a serious anticheat i would say its a big fat nuuuuu regardless of who might want it or not.

Personally i think the only way warframe can have solid PvP is to copy left for dead or something similar to destiny 2's gambit. imagine 2 teams playing survival but one life support node and you can spawn in blockers to eachother. and integrate the stalker mode into that. warframe could be so much more creative with this too as blockers could be in the form of rathuum modifiers like reduce energy and duration or spawn mag or radiation hazards that way if the other team has say saryn and volt cheesing you could spawn radiation and have them nuke eachother or use energy drain and duration to make squishy stealth frames completely vulnerable or just putting a lephantis on their life support node and totally flatline a status comp. ofcourse youd have to ban one or two cheese frames (i think nezha, revanent who dont suffer duration or take status effects and completely invulnerable at all times, and maybe Nidus) and disallow operator form(maybe), pets and gear items but i think it would be hugely successful given a fair amount of testing and experimenting.  

Ah yes the classic "make pvp into pve" post. was wondering when I would see it again.
Conclave does have dedicated servers, weve had them since 2017.

It is supremely ironic when you mention banning certain things for being too overpowered in PvE. Did you know that when Conclave 2.0 was first added the majority of the game's content was unusable? Over the years up until late 2017, DE did a superb job of slowly adding in the content and balancing it as it was added in. To me, your idea and Conclave will suffer from the same issues, primarily, gear balance and lack of DE oversight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Ah yes the classic "make pvp into pve" post. was wondering when I would see it again.
Conclave does have dedicated servers, weve had them since 2017.

It is supremely ironic when you mention banning certain things for being too overpowered in PvE. Did you know that when Conclave 2.0 was first added the majority of the game's content was unusable? Over the years up until late 2017, DE did a superb job of slowly adding in the content and balancing it as it was added in. To me, your idea and Conclave will suffer from the same issues, primarily, gear balance and lack of DE oversight.

yes because death match is working so well! but god forbid anybody asks for something different like BR or escort or any of the other massively successful game modes out there. iv got no issues with conclave but it is boring! that is why it fails. nobody is installing wf because they are trying to play quake! its a pve game and there are many examples of extremely successful PvP-vE games warframe could look to but as usual the community wont hear of it. Honestly they should just remove it. waist of deco space on my orbiter.

11 hours ago, Hypermega said:

Honestly they should just remove it. waist of deco space on my orbiter

Figured this would be your response. I never said your idea was bad, in fact I have shown my explicit support to several other ideas similar to yours. Such as the one in 

I don't believe that a PvPvE wouldn't work in Warframe. I just stated that it would suffer from the same problems that Conclave does.

• Like 1

I have been playing a bit of conclave recently, and so far I don't see many problems. Regarding population (at least on PC), sure, I got two games with like 2 dudes, but then right after I got an almost full Free for all match (I am playing in the newbie leagues, maybe if I disable it I will get matched with more people).

Regarding dynamics, the overall feel is right up my alley. I enjoyed shooters like Unreal Tournament, Tribes, so this hits the spot that most modern PvP shooters don't. Unfortunately, I feel like Warframe abilities make it a bit unbalanced (I have no idea how to counter landslide spam up-close or magnetize+shotgun combo for example), but this is probably due to lack of experience. Moreover you don't need to grind anything to play conclave (for the most basic option just take a rhino, braton, furis and skana and you are good to go), and it's not gear based (I hate gear-based PvP, hence have 0 interest in Destiny's PvP).

I believe the main reason why PvP is not very popular is because it provides exactly zero PvE progression. You can install Warframe, play nothing but conclave and remain with the same MR1, same guns and Warframe. I said it many times, and I will say it again - Conclave should provide PvE progression as well, in form of some kind of token shop for resources, affinity etc. It shouldn't be as good as regular PvE grind, but it should give you something, because unfortunately few people in a PvE game feel like playing a PvP mode purely for fun, they need at least something in terms of PvE rewards, and a PvP mode needs fresh players to sustain itself.

To people who show open hate and disdain for conclave, from someone who is primarly PvE, I don't get you. Conclave doesn't hurt you in any way or form, and asking for a removal of a mode that quite a few people enjoy just because you dislike it sounds extremely selfish and frankly spiteful. Existance of a PvP mode with no PvE progression items locked behind it doesn't affect your PvE portion of the game in the slightest.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

I have been playing a bit of conclave recently, and so far I don't see many problems. Regarding population (at least on PC), sure, I got two games with like 2 dudes, but then right after I got an almost full Free for all match (I am playing in the newbie leagues, maybe if I disable it I will get matched with more people).

Regarding dynamics, the overall feel is right up my alley. I enjoyed shooters like Unreal Tournament, Tribes, so this hits the spot that most modern PvP shooters don't. Unfortunately, I feel like Warframe abilities make it a bit unbalanced (I have no idea how to counter landslide spam up-close or magnetize+shotgun combo for example), but this is probably due to lack of experience. Moreover you don't need to grind anything to play conclave (for the most basic option just take a rhino, braton, furis and skana and you are good to go), and it's not gear based (I hate gear-based PvP, hence have 0 interest in Destiny's PvP).

I believe the main reason why PvP is not very popular is because it provides exactly zero PvE progression. You can install Warframe, play nothing but conclave and remain with the same MR1, same guns and Warframe. I said it many times, and I will say it again - Conclave should provide PvE progression as well, in form of some kind of token shop for resources, affinity etc. It shouldn't be as good as regular PvE grind, but it should give you something, because unfortunately few people in a PvE game feel like playing a PvP mode purely for fun, they need at least something in terms of PvE rewards, and a PvP mode needs fresh players to sustain itself.

To people who show open hate and disdain for conclave, from someone who is primarly PvE, I don't get you. Conclave doesn't hurt you in any way or form, and asking for a removal of a mode that quite a few people enjoy just because you dislike it sounds extremely selfish and frankly spiteful. Existance of a PvP mode with no PvE progression items locked behind it doesn't affect your PvE portion of the game in the slightest.

I might actually cry reading such a pure view point of something I hold so dearly to my experience in Warframe. People like you give me hope for this community.

At the end of the day they made it a focal point , and ended up just being something to do. Apex is still out there overwatch, Fortnite , ect ect. 

It’s a difference being invested to your Games PVP, and Being invested to the whole genre , being your core , potential for tourneys ect ect.

if you really love PVP , you know what you should Ben doin 

On 2020-01-23 at 4:44 AM, (XB1)Longfinger LOKI said:

BR's are fads. Warframe can barely handle 4 players in a mission. What makes you think it can handle 100?

A fad that has dominated the market since 2017. ye 3 years at the top of steamcharts and twitch. and i dont know what your running but iv never had issues connecting with players. even when baro is in town and the relay is packed out iv no performance or stability issues at all beyond waiting a few seconds for everyone to render but who says it would have to be 100 players or even BR but the point is simple. DE... are you listening.. Do Not Care! if they did there would be br 100% they would be idiots to turn their nose up at such a lucrative and enduring "fad" especially with 2 perfect maps for it. hell, orb vallis is already surrounded by a storm how much more perfect could it be? weapons in boxes, disable parkour, (except sliding) and premade warframe characters maybe a ping sys.. oh wf already has this and OMG that's apex legends exactly! they could have beat ea to the punch but with dozens of characters and 100s of weapons, bosses on the map, K-drives to find which is the kind of stuff that has been nothing but successful in fortnite. they don't even care enough to give conclave a server browser which would instantly fix it for the finite amount of people who try to play it and get repeatedly loaded into empty lobbies. it isn't even on night wave, take a clue already! 

As i said they should just remove the conclave entirely not because we don't care, but because they don't.

Edited by Hypermega

36 minutes ago, Hypermega said:

A fad that has dominated the market since 2017.

Oh boy, that sure is a lot of time huh? The deathmatch PvP games of old just can't compare...

No, honestly, this is a fad, and Epic knows this hence why they are wasting their Fortnite money to have a storefront in order to generate tons of money with minimal effort just like Valve.

• Like 1