Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Buff (Abilities)

FableTale

Okay so here's the thing about Banshee she's should be a powerful force. She uses SOUND and VIBRATIONS as her weapon! That is a very powerful type of energy. The thing about her though is that her abilities are actually terrible to be honest. 

Let's take a look at sound quake

Hits enemies around the player for 125 / 150 / 175 / 200 damage per second. This damage is reduced by enemy armor and affected by Power Strength (Focus).

Really? It's sound how is it reduced by armor? it should be something like this:

Hits enemies around the player for 125 / 150 / 175 / 200 damage per second. This ignores enemy armor and affected by Power Strength (Focus). This also reduces enemy armor by by 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% or 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% (depends which one is more balanced and fair)

-duration of this reduced armor lasts for 60 seconds all across the board.

I was thinking that it should reduce armor because I would imagine that the immense sound would give them excruciating headaches and leaves them vulnerable.

This is just 1 example though. Do you guys have any ideas though?

(Just a note I don't use Banshee)

I second this. but also, keep in mind that sound bounces off objects, it makes sense that it doesn't penetrate armor.

Yeah that's true I actually forgot about that. However, you can't physically block sound you know what I mean? Let's say I have a shield and I don't there's a speaker in front of me that's playing music. I can't actually block the music with a shield.

Okay for the people that say that silence is bad what about this substitute,

Sound wall : Grants all nearby Warframes with temporary increased armor.

• Boosts armor by 10% / 15% / 25% / 50%. This is affected by Focus.
  • Range of 15 / 20 / 22 / 25 in-game meters. This is increased by Power Range (Stretch).
  • Duration of 7 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds. This is increased by Power Duration (Continuity and Constitution).

This is pretty much the opposite of Rhino's Roar ability. It's just an idea I'm throwing out there though.

Edited by FableTale

Silence could be made into something like that stuns enemies (makes them go through the "get out of my head" animation) and does something else. Maybe resets every enemy in the range to their unalerted state and unable to detect anything other than Tenno. It'd be a weird sort of CC, so as long as the Tenno don't get spotted, the CC lasts the full duration, but if they're out of the goon's field of vision they can pump a mag into his back or start a rave and they won't notice.

Yeah that's true I actually forgot about that. However, you can't physically block sound you know what I mean? Let's say I have a shield and I don't there's a speaker in front of me that's playing music. I can't actually block the music with a shield.

Well, yeah, you got that right, in that case it would make sense that Sound Quake penetrated armor, but had trouble penetrating shields, for balance's sake, or vice versa.

Okay for the people that say that silence is bad what about this substitute,

Sound wall : Grants all nearby Warframes with temporary increased armor.

• Boosts armor by 10% / 15% / 25% / 50%. This is affected by Focus.
  • Range of 15 / 20 / 22 / 25 in-game meters. This is increased by Power Range (Stretch).
  • Duration of 7 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds. This is increased by Power Duration (Continuity and Constitution).

This is pretty much the opposite of Rhino's Roar ability. It's just an idea I'm throwing out there though.

As a stealthy, versatile, support-ish frame, that idea actually could fit, but there's two things about it that bug me, as a hardcore Banshee player:

1) It doesn't fit her theme. remaking Silence into "Sound Wall" would completely eliminate the stealth part of Banshee.

2) So much cc from Sonic Boom and Sound Quake, plus armor boosting ability and Sonar giving everyone a weak spot that can deal up to 500% bonus damage, would utterly break Banshee. (And a combo involving all four of those is totally possible with the use of efficency / max energy modding)

But again you're just trying to give a solution for people who think silence is a bad ability, Aaaaaaand in my honest opinion it's just right, it may just need a little tweaking here and there, perhaps a range and / or duration buff, but the ability itself is ok.

Well, yeah, you got that right, in that case it would make sense that Sound Quake penetrated armor, but had trouble penetrating shields, for balance's sake, or vice versa.

As a stealthy, versatile, support-ish frame, that idea actually could fit, but there's two things about it that bug me, as a hardcore Banshee player:

1) It doesn't fit her theme. remaking Silence into "Sound Wall" would completely eliminate the stealth part of Banshee.

2) So much cc from Sonic Boom and Sound Quake, plus armor boosting ability and Sonar giving everyone a weak spot that can deal up to 500% bonus damage, would utterly break Banshee. (And a combo involving all four of those is totally possible with the use of efficency / max energy modding)

But again you're just trying to give a solution for people who think silence is a bad ability, Aaaaaaand in my honest opinion it's just right, it may just need a little tweaking here and there, perhaps a range and / or duration buff, but the ability itself is ok.

I've played the game for a long time and still don't know what cc means. Also, this was what I was afraid of. Banshee's 'theme' is sound and controlling the volume of things such as silent, fits her more than sound wall does. I'm trying to find a way to make Banshee more usable because most people say she's the worst warframe and I can see why to be honest.

I've played the game for a long time and still don't know what cc means. Also, this was what I was afraid of. Banshee's 'theme' is sound and controlling the volume of things such as silent, fits her more than sound wall does. I'm trying to find a way to make Banshee more usable because most people say she's the worst warframe and I can see why to be honest.

For the record: CC = Crowd Control

The way i see it, Banshee is a supportive frame that tried to have damage capabilities. She excels in teamplay because she can control the enemies at her pleasing, She can easily manage enemy positioning with her Area of Effect knockback, and / or stun-lock every enemy in sight with her Sound Quake for others to finish off, and don't forget also, that she can indirectly, give everyone a huuuuge damage bonus, to gunplay mostly, since it's hard to hit the weak spot with melee (although not impossible) or abilities, and also, Silence can greatly speed up a mission if used correctly, since it helps avoid alarms for speedruns.

That's the "problem", one can only see the true potential of Banshee when she's properly used with a team, more than she is at soloing.

As for Silence, I think a simple slow alongside the main effect would make it a bit more reliable in general, giving more time to react in case a enemy see's you, since it's the only way that the ability can fail, get you spotted, and "not work"

Please remember that this is just my honest opinion as a Banshee fan / player, and in no way "fact".

Edited by Hecadisth

For the record: CC = Crowd Control

The way i see it, Banshee is a supportive frame that tried to have damage capabilities. She excels in teamplay because she can control the enemies at her pleasing, She can easily manage enemy positioning with her Area of Effect knockback, and / or stun-lock every enemy in sight with her Sound Quake for others to finish off, and don't forget also, that she can indirectly, give everyone a huuuuge damage bonus, to gunplay mostly, since it's hard to hit the weak spot with melee (although not impossible) or abilities, and also, Silence can greatly speed up a mission if used correctly, since it helps avoid alarms for speedruns.

That's the "problem", one can only see the true potential of Banshee when she's properly used with a team, more than she is at soloing.

As for Silence, I think a simple slow alongside the main effect would make it a bit more reliable in general, giving more time to react in case a enemy see's you, since it's the only way that the ability can fail, get you spotted, and "not work"

Please remember that this is just my honest opinion as a Banshee fan / player, and in no way "fact".

I agree, the lack of damage output from banshee is obvious in all areas of the game but the cc creates noticeable impact for high level team play. Especially defense, mob defense and survival missions. Banshee's damage output is completely fine imo, she is not a damage frame but she brings unique and consistent aoe cc that no other frames have so she does have her niche.

Silence needs some love though. 

no one brings up sonic boom? 50 DAMAGE?! are you kidding me? also the enemies recover from knock down too fast. this was slightly useful before all the enemy levels got buffed. I can't think of a worse frame right now.

Yeah, I'd noticed that they get up too fast as well. I'd like to be able to try for a melee finisher on at least one schmuck before they get up. As it is, its often only useful for the knockback to get a second of breathing room against infested.

I'd give the following buffs to Banshee:

Sonic Boom: Dmg and Range equal to Mag's Pull (functionality stays the same)

Sonar: Fine as it is

Sound Quake: Fine as it is in terms of range and dmg, add a new functionality: Reduces enemy's armor by 20-30-40-50% (Increased by Focus) for 60 sec

Silence: Replace by Deafness.

Deafness: Cracking all enemies's eardrums they are now unable to hear you or communicate (they cannot trigger alarms, they cannot move because they lose balance, they are vulnerable to stealth attacks/finishers even if they were aware of your presence), duration of 4-6-8-10 sec (Increased by Continuity/Constitution)

I'd give the following buffs to Banshee:

Sonic Boom: Dmg and Range equal to Mag's Pull (functionality stays the same)

Sonar: Fine as it is

Sound Quake: Fine as it is in terms of range and dmg, add a new functionality: Reduces enemy's armor by 20-30-40-50% (Increased by Focus) for 60 sec

Silence: Replace by Deafness.

Deafness: Cracking all enemies's eardrums they are now unable to hear you or communicate (they cannot trigger alarms, they cannot move because they lose balance, they are vulnerable to stealth attacks/finishers even if they were aware of your presence), duration of 4-6-8-10 sec (Increased by Continuity/Constitution)

Perhaps that armor reduction could be applied to Silence, to make it "worth it", and not dumb down so much her kit, i mean, that way you could apply that debuff and combine it with all of her other abilities, it would make Sonar's weak spots deal even more damage, it would allow for Sound Quake to penetrate enemy armor better, and it could make Sonic Boom deal "bonus damage"

I've been thinking about this since yesterday. trying to come up with something more appeling and at the same time, useful, and that doesnt make Banshee feel completely diferent as of right now.

Sonic Boom: I know the effects of this ability, and it's really just fine, the range can be increased a lot with Stretch and since it ignores armor it doesnt need a damage buff since it's so spammable, and even more with efficiency and / or max energy modding. Also, Banshee's mobility compensates for the "short range" on Sonic Boom, she's a bit faster than the average frame, and really has no problems running around, spamming it, and keeping things under control, and it's specially useful on defense missions. I've even got to eliminate the need of Sound Quake as a "panic button" or "NEED MASS CC RIGHT NOW" with maxed out Rush, since the obvious. (every enemy close enough flying everywhere at the cost of 15 energy with a total reserve of 450, and you running around at the speed of... heh, sound).

TL-DR: The ability is fine. no need for tweaking.

Sonar: The only perhaps "broken" ability of Banshee, giving that incredibly high damage bonus that everyone loves. No need for tweaking.

Silence: This ability is indeed plainly weird, and can feel weird too. It can also be incredible useful and efective when you know how it works and how to properly decide when and where to use it. Silence can feel weak because it's just meant for stealth gameplay, and as i mentioned in another reply, good for that, and even speedruns, in the right hands. But it completely fails when there's no "stealth" involved. it does become completely useless in swarm situations, or even in any mission after being spotted. at that point the ability does nothing, and can be even considered a waste of space. It really lacks when compared to other stealth abilities, so lets quickly compare Silence with Ash's Smoke Screen and Loki's Invisibility:

Ability        --          Primary Effects           -              Secondary Effects     -            Alternative uses

Silence               Dramatically decreases                              None.                                     None.

enemy perception, allowing

to avoid detection.

(Everything but direct vision

wont alert affected

enemies).

Invisibility           Invisibility (duh).                          Grants extra damage on                Can help "bypass" fighting

melee attacks.                               Useful when reviving downed teammates.

Hides from security cameras.

Smoke Screen  Invisibility for both user                Immunity to Orokin lasers.             Same as above.

and sentinel.                                Grants extra damage on

AoE stagger on cast.                   melee attacks.

Hides from security cameras.

"quickly compare"

Oh well, moving on, now that i've demonstrated how situational and even useless Silence can become, i propose this:

"Silence: Limits enemy perception to vision. Taking damage, gunfire, explosions, and noise in general won't be perceived by aflicted enemies.

duration of 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds. Affected by power duration.

Silence has a special interaction with all of Banshee's abilities, when cast before (plus the other ability's effect)

Silence + Sonic Boom: Enemies are knocked back further (or perhaps more damage to shields). Increased by power strenght.

Silence + Sonar: Casting Sonar on enemies affected by Silence slows their movement and reaction speed. affected by power strenght, (increases slow effect) And power duration (Increases slow duration).

Silence + Sound Quake: Enemy armor is reduced depending on Sound Quake's level (20% / 30% / 40% / 50%). Affected by power strenght."

aaaaand Sound Quake: Just fine. even better with what i proposed on Silence. BUT. When Sound Quake ends Banshee is exposed to enemy gunfire right away. this can be a deadly situation in higher level scenarios, and will most likely end with Banshee needing a revival. Acknowledging this, i propose:

A) Make the last stagger from this ability last a bit longer, so Banshee doesn't get exposed to enemies right away when the cast ends.

B) Blow away enemies that are too close to Banshee when the cast ends.

C) Invunerability when Banshee ends the cast and stands up. (If you're gonna force me to not be able to defend myself for a second, make it fair.)

Edited by Hecadisth

Okay this is actually a good idea using silence to make the moves 'evolve' a step further. I think the downside to silence + sonar is that slowing enemies down too much can make it difficult to finish up defense missions quickly, but that's not even much of a problem.

Silence is a useless skill, seeing as how you can just equip mods that silent your weapons. I think they should replace it with something else.

Silence should be more like Rhino Skin. A permanent silent until you run out of clip. Great for Gorgon or 100+ ammunition weapons.

Something like...

100 shot = rankless

150 shot = rank 1

200 shots = rank 2

250 shots = max rank

Edited by Makemap