Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wanna Watch SW: KOTOR, Need Streamer/YTer Recommendations

GinKenshin

Hey guys, 

I'm watching a playthrough of the new SW, JFO, and it got me nostalgic for seeing KOTOR again. I haven't played it myself, just saw my brother play it way back. I need a good streamer/YTer who has a walkthrough of it. It has to be a 100% though, I don't wanna miss anything. 

Preferable if the sound quality is decent and it's 1080p 

Well, it shows up in Steam sale for like $3 fairly regularly. 

I still have my old Xbox disk, so there's some nostalgia there. Those are still around for...hmm, not sure what they're going for these days, but it's also downloadable on Live! I don't think it's super cheap--maybe $10. 

It's also available on mobile, so it's easy enough to just play it rather than watch someone else. The game is from the glory days of BioWare (sadly long past) and is definitely worth playing, since you do determine exactly how things turn out (within reason). 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

This is a YT-er I watched it at: https://www.youtube.com/user/DanQ8000

He has multiple playthroughs of it.

Also if you are interested in giving it a shot yourself you can get the game for your smartphone or tablet. Was surprised myself about it, even has the DLC content.

Thank you, will check it out 

Interesting. Wish it was for PC though. I would've bought it if I could but I'm in no condition to do so : / 

1 minute ago, Sloan441 said:

Well, it shows up in Steam sale for like $3 fairly regularly. 

I still have my old Xbox disk, so there's some nostalgia there. Those are still around for...hmm, not sure what they're going for these days, but it's also downloadable on Live! I don't think it's super cheap--maybe $10. 

It's also available on mobile, so it's easy enough to just play it rather than watch someone else. The game is from the glory days of BioWare (sadly long past) and is definitely worth playing, since you do determine exactly how things turn out (within reason). 

Oh wow, that low? might save up and cut back on lunch to get it if that's the case Thanks for the tip 

And sorry about the previous mis-posts guys, some error on my part

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Oh wow, that low? might save up and cut back on lunch to get it if that's the case Thanks for the tip 

Yes. 

Thanksgiving and Xmas sales are both still in the offing (and not far off) and it'll typically be $2.99. I might have seen it for even $1.99. Can't really recall. They'll often have the package of both KoTOR and KoTOR2 for around $4 or $5. 

Like I said: cheap. 

Oh, and it can be modded to some degree--mostly to get it working on wide or ultrawide displays and some patches (particularly for KoTOR2...). Check the Steam forums, there's a lot of advice there dealing with what is a very old game. 

8 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Yes. 

Thanksgiving and Xmas sales are both still in the offing (and not far off) and it'll typically be $2.99. I might have seen it for even $1.99. Can't really recall. They'll often have the package of both KoTOR and KoTOR2 for around $4 or $5. 

Like I said: cheap. 

Oh, and it can be modded to some degree--mostly to get it working on wide or ultrawide displays and some patches (particularly for KoTOR2...). Check the Steam forums, there's a lot of advice there dealing with what is a very old game. 

Will definitely keep that in mind. Actually now that I remember it, I think my friend has KOTOR1 in his library, I'll try to get that running somehow, hopefully my craptop can handle it 

Thanks again for the info, really helped!