Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng 2.0 Is *not* Solved, Unless It's Your Idea Of A Joke.

sagebrushfire

If I get primary weapon XP one more time, ONE MORE TIME, I'm just not ever going to log in again.

I realize it seems kind of immature to gripe about something you're getting for free as a bonus for logging on but it's a bit ridiculous considering the time and money I've invested into a game that's (allegedly) in Beta.

If I get platinum discounts, I usually buy platinum; the currency is 100% fake so, even at a reduced price, that's money in your pocket.

But Primary Weapon XP is the ONLY thing I seem to get in the past 2 weeks or so. I'm tired of it; I'm tired of having to make sure I equip a bunch of <30 ranked stuff before I log off because I already know I'm probably just going to get item XP and it's a 90% chance of being Primary weapon.

I honestly wouldn't be miffed if it wasn't for the fact that several rare items are exclusively available as log-in rewards (or they're extremely rare to get otherwise).

Your FAQ even addresses this issue and claims that if you get it repeatedly, you have a chance not to. I'm flat-out calling you a liar because if that were remotely true, there would be no logical way for me to get it 7 times in a row. I believe I got a blueprint I already had in between the first 2 and last 5; that's not exactly reassuring.

So excuse me for being perturbed but when I downlod hotfix after hotfix for things like "Made it so everyone sees your energy color" and "The scarfs have 73% more flamboyant waving action!" I can't help but wonder what the heck's going on in your development office. I understand going after low-hanging fruit but my boss would ream me if I checked in a scarf update while players are walking into invisible doors, getting stuck inside "inaccessible" areas of levels, randomly not being able to use weapons and getting primary item XP for the 7th day in a row.

One more point:

It would be great if you could just put an instant bug report feature in the UI/Menu of the game itself. If people could report bugs moments after they actually happened, you would get more detailed reports of bugs and a higher frequency of actually important bugs being submitted.

P.S.

I do have a tendency to miss that one post where whatever I'm complaining about was addressed; if this is already in the works, my apologies; but, speaking out unnecessarily is a better alternative to not bringing something up that developers may not be aware of.

ALMOST FORGOT:

It was terribly rude of me to criticize the dev's work without providing a solution.

Why not make it so that you can *NEVER* get the same thing two days in a row? Blacklist the last thing a person got so that they can't get it again. This will prevent anyone from getting the same Weapon XP twice in a row, likewise preventing them from getting something totally amazing twice in a row.

The best part about this solution is that it doesn't break the RNG and it would be easy to implement ( if(itemWon == lastItem) { redoRNG();} ). The world won't get thrown into chaos, people won't get disproportionately good or bad stuff. This is the perfect lazy solution to the problem of getting the same crappy thing over and over (if people end up getting the same two crappy things alternating over and over ... well I'll leave that up to you).

EDIT: Also, why do you only have reward tables up to 7 days? There are people who have logged in religiously for 30+ days, shouldn't  they get something extra special? The vast majority of iOS games I've played have vastly more complex daily reward systems than this PC game ...

Edited by sagebrushfire

I agree that it is bogus to receive experience after 7 days of log in time...... or credits for that matter.  Might i make a suggestion as a whole to remove the lower tiers from the highest tier so that people can have their shots at higher tiered things, and if you simply would like credits or experience to increase your speed you simply don't log in on a  day and thus reset the counter to drop the tier 3 items completely and can get tier 1 and 2 rewards.

For the bug reporting: /stuck which would generate a file that is sent to the support area reporting  x y z coordinates and map tile, as well as the in game bug report for enemies that have problems or warframes would be great.  I had a bug earlier today running a t1 exterminate where none of the enemies spawned until i sat at the extraction and they all started to poor in through the door.   130 enemies at once was great fun, but they should have spawned normally, not in the last tile. 

anyways nice post

It DOES get old seeing 2400xp 2400xp 2400xp 2400xp 2400xp every stinking day almost.

Oh, wait, there was a 20% off coupon during this past week, and a couple glaive blueprints.

.........sigh.

I haven't gotten anything "good" in a month+. And even then, it was just 10k credits.

QQ more guys -.- if u get something good everyday, there wont be a "omg i got something kool, super happy" day.

OP saw a flaw in the system and broke down everything into 2 constructive posts and even provided a solution. And by the way there is no "omg i got something kool, super happy day" since we get nothing "kool"

I got forma two days in a row, so...

I don't know what to tell you.

It should be different.

Back in the day, you used to be able to click the reward as it came down. Proper timing would lead to getting potato blueprints with some expert reaction speed.

Like, clicking to pause it. I don't know if that's the proper solution, but I think "not the same thing two days in a row" would be a great step in the right direction.

Edited by Volume

Back in the day, you used to be able to click the reward as it came down. Proper timing would lead to getting potato blueprints with some expert reaction speed.

Like, clicking to pause it. I don't know if that's the proper solution, but I think "not the same thing two days in a row" would be a great step in the right direction.

Those were the days... I got like 6 catalysts and 6 reactors out of it.

Day 8, Secondary Item XP. I guess It's not "Primary" item XP so there's that .... I wish it would just slap the prize in your face instead of showing you a bunch of stuff you really want and then changing to something dumb. "Look at this, Forma, Lotus Discount, Blueprints aaaaand here's some XP!"

You know another option would be to increase the amount of XP. It wouldn't be so bad if I logged in for the 33rd day and got like, 8,000 Secondary Item XP; the fact that I've been logging in forever and getting generally crappier stuff than a person who's only logged in 3 days in a row is a little disheartening.

Had 1 Forma right yesterday after 15 days or so of Exp Primary/Secondary and Credits... meh

I just hope they'll get rid of schemes in the 7th day log reward.

About money and exp... they could fuse all of them in 1 that gives 3000xp to anything equipped. That would be -kinda- useful.

Had 1 Forma right yesterday after 15 days or so of Exp Primary/Secondary and Credits... meh

I just hope they'll get rid of schemes in the 7th day log reward.

About money and exp... they could fuse all of them in 1 that gives 3000xp to anything equipped. That would be -kinda- useful.

Yeah, Marketplace BPs have to go.

I'm sorry, they do.

99.9% of the time, it is either something that you had no need for (something you already built), or something you had no intentions of building. The chances of a player obtaining a BP for an item that they did actually want is so astronomically slim it is ridiculous, especially for Warframe BPs, considering the work it takes to assemble one.

Or, they could increase the Sell-to-Market Price of those BPs to 10k that way it doesn't matter whether you get the BP or the 10k Credit reward, they end up both being about the same in the end.

So excuse me for being perturbed but when I downlod hotfix after hotfix for things like "Made it so everyone sees your energy color" and "The scarfs have 73% more flamboyant waving action!" I can't help but wonder what the heck's going on in your development office. I understand going after low-hanging fruit but my boss would ream me if I checked in a scarf update while players are walking into invisible doors, getting stuck inside "inaccessible" areas of levels, randomly not being able to use weapons and getting primary item XP for the 7th day in a row.

Too many artists, too few coders.