Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR9 Test To Difficult Now?

PhyrLyt

So I've been working on the MR9 test for a while now. The new update with update 26 removed channeling, and with it, it removed melee channeling. When i stealth kill enemies on the third section of the mr 9 test, the bodies are left behind. This causes the guards to be alerted by the bodies, and they move to investigate, which throws off their movement patterns. Thus, I get flushed out and detected, and fail the test. I've practiced the test so many times, and the same issue has always gotten me, I've got to have practiced at least 30 times and not once have I passed. I know that part of this is up to player skill, but this is feeling ridiculous.

I also know people will tell me to use a throwing weapon (glaive, kestrel, orvius, etc.) but I haven't built any of those yet and don't want to spend the plat to buy more weapon slots. I just think that the test should be reworked, or even changed, so that it's not to difficult. Obviously complaining about how frustrating this is won't do me any good, and obviously there's always room for improvement when it comes to player skill. But I still think that the MR9 test, which was already a challenging test, needs a rework to make it doable for players with decent skill.

24 minutes ago, schilds said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Below is my example (which I just re-ran to check I can in fact repeat it).

I think the main thing is to find a routine with manoeuvres, timing and pathing you can consistently follow.

If it's going to be about memorizing routs etc then they should just replace it with a smattering of spy vaults, DE pretty much stopped bothering with anything spy related after that first MR3(?) test where you hack the four terminals..... and they let people cipher for that....

IMO it's far past time that they had actual vault with no ciphers. 

I don't think this game has sufficient basic stealth mechanics for the test to be random (to prevent learning a routine) while still being pass/fail. Most stealth games have stuff like dark and light areas, some ability to manipulate enemy routines (e.g. creating distractions), ability to move/hide bodies, ability to hide in the environment, multiple alert levels and better indicators for those levels, telegraphing (or an ability to reveal/scout) enemy routines on the fly, etc.

Edited by schilds

Not gonna lie, I struggled a little with this one too (mr17 now) - took me two attempts (I didn't know I could go into practice back then, rip my time)

My friend (who is now mr11) struggled with it too, and I did it for him pretty easily. Try the Skiajati (the nikana you get from The Sacrifice) as it has a passive that allows you to go invisible for a pretty decent amount of time after stealth kills. And as you probably know, most (if not all) of your kills will probably be stealth ones. 

I know it doesn't fix the issue with the bodies, but as another person said, try Nekros. If you don't have him, just give the Skiajati a shot. Trust me, it makes the mr9 test a cakewalk. 

Good luck dude. That test is stupid. 

DE annoys me when they do things like this and make no effort to fix it so I made a step by step video for players to follow. This will always work, the enemy movements are scripted and the pattern I use limits their chance of seeing a corpse and in the 2 spots that they can(both are mentioned) it is easy to adjust and still complete it. As for weapons, frames etc, take what the hell you want, I've gone for stealth as you can see with a nice noisy, chunky Rhino. I also removed my riven and Primed Reach pff my Guandao to put myself in the shoes of a newer player. 

https://youtu.be/IR-67fx4Hco

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

Most of those youtube videos were made before the changes to stealth and awareness of enemies.

Now it is much harder to do as they will spot you from a mile away.

I remember I did my MR9 literally 3 days AFTER they changed it and I was so upset about it as I could have done it earlier.

I didn´t have any passive stealth frames, didn´t even know about Banshee´s silence passive.

I finally made it after at least 50 tries (practise) with Volt (my starter frame, pretty much a bad choice) and a redeemer that I chose to build just for the test.

Phase 3 is still hard, but if you really know the walking patterns and get the right timing, you can finish it with redeemer shots pretty easily.

You jump down the ledge to make the enemies spawn. You rush back and hide behind the ramp until the three guys meet in the middle and separate. You immediately run and jump down towards the guy on the left. Finish him in melee. You run straight to the right guy before he can walk back up and kill him.

Then you just hide behind that lower right column until the guy in the middle comes back. You shoot him with the redeemer and hide again behind the lower right column. Then you wait for 2 more guys to come down the very right path and finish them off as soon as they reach you. There is a split second before they become alerted, just enough to shoot the redeemer.

Once you got them all, you head up on the right side. There is only one guy left on the left/top of the map, and you can kill him rather easy from a distance.

After I remembered all that and finished it once during practise, I repeated it several times in a row without failing.

But it´s an aweful test and very, very tought compared to all the other MR tests (until MR19).

• Like 2

ahhh here we go again 🙂
MR9 test is either bugged like hell or poorly tuned. In my personal experience, the third section rewards more fine maneuvering than good memory. I solved it by bullet-dancing after each kill, but I've seen players who found more standardized ways to solve the test.

Best of luck, Tenno

I tried it again in practice and finally figured out a way i could do it! 🙂

And then i tried again today, doing the same thing. Issue is, the bodies once again didn't dissolve and it threw off their patterns again and I lost all 3 attempts trying and trying again.

I'm no quitter so I'm not going to give up on trying to beat this, but it is frustrating me beyond belief that I can't finesse my way through the level, I have to hope to RNGesus that the AI for the grineers in the level won't decide to change tactics.

On 2019-11-17 at 2:51 PM, Pizzarugi said:

Since you need to rely on stealth, my advice is to try using a frame capable of destroying bodies, such as Nekros' Desecrate. The other option is to run stealth frames like Loki. Loki with a glaive was how I did MR9 a long time ago.

I’m sure all stealth tests have no abilities.

Just now, BDMblue said:

I’m sure all stealth tests have no abilities.

You're right. I since had to review the test and stealth tests can't run abilities.

Can the same be said of passives? I've seen an interesting video where someone played Wisp who maxed out aimglide duration to exploit her passive that grants her invisibility while in the air which doesn't get broken by melee attacks. I'm thinking if it works, you could cheese the test by aimgliding all the time while bombing the enemy with glaive tosses or something.

Just now, Pizzarugi said:

You're right. I since had to review the test and stealth tests can't run abilities.

Can the same be said of passives? I've seen an interesting video where someone played Wisp who maxed out aimglide duration to exploit her passive that grants her invisibility while in the air which doesn't get broken by melee attacks. I'm thinking if it works, you could cheese the test by aimgliding all the time while bombing the enemy with glaive tosses or something.

Ya passives work. Wisp would be op in it.

For stealth segments like this, I tended to just use daggers with only melee speed boosting mods on so the executions were quick then run away and hide. I then did a similar tactic with Umbra's sword but just became more aggressive and ran to the next enemy since stealth finishers grant invisibility for it.

14 hours ago, BDMblue said:

Ya passives work. Wisp would be op in it.

I've been advised to grind out wisp, so I'll probably end up doing that. In the mean time, I'll still be using my Ash Prime and Skiajati to complete the test.

12 hours ago, (PS4)OccultSif said:

For stealth segments like this, I tended to just use daggers with only melee speed boosting mods on so the executions were quick then run away and hide. I then did a similar tactic with Umbra's sword but just became more aggressive and ran to the next enemy since stealth finishers grant invisibility for it.

I've been using Skiajati, Umbra's Sword, and the invisibility has been invaluable in getting the through it. Again, my main issue remains that the bodies throw off their movement patterns.