Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I "carried" the Rescue Target to Extraction with Grendel

Zahnny

Got ahold of Grendel earlier today and I realised we have a Rescue Radiation Sortie, so of course I decided to mess around as per usual to see what would happen. I had a strong feeling it would work, and a lot of doubt also.

pic for proof:

Spoiler

YoJldoK.jpg

I went into a Solo game (as you probably should when it comes to radiation sorties) and rescued the target, then walked into a Rad cloud to get proc'd. Then used Grendel's Feast on the Rescue target.

From my experience, the Rescue target suffers no damage while inside you, not even if you use his 2nd or 3rd ability. This will probably never be used again by anyone practically. But yeah, if you want a safe way to bring the target to Extraction without fear of him taking any damage at all (besides damage to yourself or running out of energy) now you have one!

Note: I am in no way responsible for any psychological or mental harm that Rescue targets might have using this method.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Got ahold of Grendel earlier today and I realised we have a Rescue Radiation Sortie, so of course I decided to mess around as per usual to see what would happen. I had a strong feeling it would work, and a lot of doubt also.

pic for proof:

I went into a Solo game (as you probably should when it comes to radiation sorties) and rescued the target, then walked into a Rad cloud to get proc'd. Then used Grendel's Feast on the Rescue target.

From my experience, the Rescue target suffers no damage while inside you, not even if you use his 2nd or 3rd ability. This will probably never be used again by anyone practically. But yeah, if you want a safe way to bring the target to Extraction without fear of him taking any damage at all (besides damage to yourself or running out of energy) now you have one!

Note: I am in no way responsible for any psychological or mental harm that Rescue targets might have using this method.

A great discovery, that's will be fun to try when there's the chance.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

I wonder if there's a way to radiation proc yourself in other missions. Penta with Napalm Grenades, maybe?

No way to rad proc yourself with self damage weapons. unless you trigger the laser traps in the void.

4 hours ago, Eklectus said:

So, it's like using Limbo's Banish but with extra steps?

when my brother and i run sortie rescues, i bring wukong. i used to use limbo.  but with how fast wukong is in cloud walker. and the rescue target's tendency to teleport to the player closest to extraction. just zoom on ahead with wukong using cloud walker over and over. and boom, target is out of harms way in a matter of seconds

7 hours ago, Zahnny said:

if you want a safe way to bring the target to Extraction without fear of him taking any damage

Banish them with Limbo

Edit: should probably have ready other' responses, as this has already been mentioned 🤔

Edited by Ady88
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Shame. Oh well.

Only other way I can think of (yes, I too tried looking for a way to self rad-proc myself :devil: ) involves 2 specific frames working in tandem.

There's a lot that needs to be done in a convoluted procedure for so little time that it really isn't worth it.

1 hour ago, kengxiaoju said:

just run to extraction within 1 min.

hostage instant teleport.

who needs to protect hostage? u know some players are slow even hostage is dying players have time to extract and mission wont fail

bruh, looks like you don't get it. fun of warframe isn't about what you NEED to do, it is about what you CAN do 

• Like 4