Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New toxic habit "Lich Greifing", Stab your lich please?

Remedyheart

Just now, Askorti said:

You telling others to stab their lich for your convenience is selfish. What's more, you're even forcing those people to rely on their teammates making them selfish on turn... In other words, no matter which way you go, stabbing the lich and not stabbing is going to make someone selfish.

I say: let pugs go the way they want instead of preaching your morals. If you want people to play in organized way, go with organized groups, as nature and common sense would dictate.

Ahh logic 

Maybe its just MMO culture changing, but in the old days a PUG was just that, and no one had any business trying to direct or order others around in a PUG. If you want to be in control you become a clan leader and you actually build sqauds from your clan subordinates. That is the purpose of a clan/guild. People who PUG by their very nature are not interested in others being more then an extra gun or someone to revive you

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

No. Simple brother. I'll farm my mumurs and finish the mission. Feel free to farm with me. If not just finish the mission and leave the squad afterwards or during! 

So you'll farm your murmurs while your lich placeholds, denying access to player 2/3 and 4. Your answer to this is , enjoy the murmurs, if you don't you're welcome to abandon the mission instead of making progress on your lich. All I'm reading here is you're a selfish player who gives no regard to the other 3 players unlucky enough to be placed into a match with you.

2 minutes ago, -Jorsch- said:

So you'll farm your murmurs while your lich placeholds, denying access to player 2/3 and 4. Your answer to this is , enjoy the murmurs, if you don't you're welcome to abandon the mission instead of making progress on your lich. All I'm reading here is you're a selfish player who gives no regard to the other 3 players unlucky enough to be placed into a match with you.

Everyone's enjoyed me and I've made a ton of friends yesterday not killing my lich ironically. You guys screeching a people just get brushed off as weirdos in game so you go to the forums to validate. Had fun with people who stabbed and didn't. We had fun because nobody was dictating how we play like some sort of fun police in a pub 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, RunningChaos said:

This I totally agree with and is the ONLY explanation for not stabbing you Lich, because it doesn't matter where you stand on the subject. There is a better way of doing it out there.

I play ash and have been an ash main. I run two maxed out arcane trickeries and spam finishers to stay invisible. I do that because that's my preferred method of playing. I could in turn go be a lesser life form and play loki because his invisibility is in fact way better. But I chose not to because I enjoy playing with my ash.

I run an umbral @DeMonkey with narmon and I use what was formerly trash weapons (fang p,rakta dark dagger etc)  and stack glad mods on my sentinal. 

I could just run inaros and a kitty cause that would be better. But I enjoy playing my way.

Me farming mumurs and not killing my lich is how I plan on farming. Until DE comes out and says it's law that Id have to kill my lich or implement features that would restrict actual progression in mission untill lich is gone I will play my way and nobody is stopping you from playing your way. 

29 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

JqGmUK1.png

Show me where it says bruteforcing is the way it's meant to be done? Just because you say so? Well, in that case, with all due respect, no.

And? Players find more efficient ways to do things sometimes. But isn't this about "how you want to play", I don't see the difference in freedom in following a "Cake Recipe" or what's better for the group.

You literally said that there's an extent to which "how you want to play" extends. Stabbing the Lich is not a mandatory part of the mission and absolutely nobody but you and those like you say that it is.You're in a PUG. You're not entitled to anything other than the expectation that your teammates won't sit in a corner and play their space-banjo while you do all the work. You want to farm efficiently? Form a group. You want someone to banter with while casually gaining progress? Do a PUG.

13 minutes ago, MPonder said:

And? Players find more efficient ways to do things sometimes. But isn't this about "how you want to play", I don't see the difference in freedom in following a "Cake Recipe" or what's better for the group.

Efficient /=/ manditory or better or

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp

3 minutes ago, MPonder said:

It is mandatory because it is Pug, lol. You are blocking 3 players liches, 3 players. If it was solo or friend, then that's another history.

Frustrated Head GIF by swerk

PUG has no rules other than "don't leech". The main purpose of the missions is to unveil Requiems, not Kill the Lich. Don't like it? Go solo. Make a group. Bring Revenant. Stop trying to make other players do what benefits you most.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, MPonder said:

The main point of the Lich system is to kill the lich.

And that's done by unveiling the Requiems and then using them to deal with the Lich. Just because you want to stab blindly, doesn't mean everyone else should follow suit. Or are you telling me that PUGs are filled with team comps of 3 players that already know their combination and one person that wants to farm it? Pardon me if I call bull.

• Like 1

In the end, this is all bit.ching because of a death with some arguments trying to disguise it, when in Warframe you actually die because of a mistake, it is usually because of some B.S. You have the effective HP or not to withstand that damage.

Jumped inside a nullifier, lost buffs, falled in a whole, lost DR buffs and got oneshot, forgot Warframe in Pillar of Light on second eidolon with a buff on it and died while in Operator, hardly my deaths are because of things like this.

A meanless death for a 6 revive player. If there is no mistake, there is no reason to feel nothing about it. You should feel bad about doing a mistake even if it doesn't imply in death.

Can't withstand seeing his favorite, 6 hours wasted on fashion frame it, warframe get slammed. So blind because of it that can't see it is griefing nor admit, and it is gonna do it anyway.

2 minutes ago, MPonder said:

In the end, this is all bit.ching because of a death with some arguments trying to disguise it, when in Warframe you actually die because of a mistake, it is usually because of some B.S. You have the effective HP or not to withstand that damage.

Jumped inside a nullifier, lost buffs, falled in a whole, lost DR buffs and got oneshot, forgot Warframe in Pillar of Light on second eidolon with a buff on it and died while in Operator, hardly my deaths are because of things like this.

A meanless death for a 6 revive player. If there is no mistake, there is no reason to feel nothing about it. You should feel bad about doing a mistake even if it doesn't imply in death.

Can't withstand seeing his favorite, 6 hours wasted on fashion frame it, warframe get slammed. So blind because of it that can't see it is griefing nor admit, and it is gonna do it anyway.

Of course, everyone's just making up "some arguments" to justify you not being able to get to your loot faster. No, it's not like some people might actually not want to let their Lich gain a level.

Again, I refuse to interact with my Lich at all. I don't play in public, I don't bother with solo. The system is absolutely joyless and the instakill is just the icing on the drek-cake. However, I fundamentally disagree with entitled pricks acting like PUGs owe them anything. You can rationalize your playstyle however you want, other people will have their own, different reasons for doing something. You want people to do what you want? Organize a squad.

• Like 1

I have multiple problems with the way the system have been implemented:

-The devs promised difficult content but we end with a big gambling system with little skill involved.

-The liches were supposed to be a feared nemesis but with the current system they are just  glorified lootbox and player don't fight their lich, they want to open their lootbox first.

-The status of the liche is totally forgotten and the other players became the true ennemies (Kuva lich is the new PvP).

-Death in a game shouldn't be 100% luck based, i prefer dying in a fight due to a mistake or because my equipment is too weak.

-Overall when i play a game, i play it mainly for fun and challenge, the reward are nice but they are not self-sufficient. The only "efficiency" i measure in a game is the fun it provide me, the current system is just farm and gambling.

-Gambling mechanics aren't fun in general, the only appeal is the potential rewards you can get from it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Askorti said:

You telling others to stab their lich for your convenience is selfish. What's more, you're even forcing those people to rely on their teammates making them selfish on turn... In other words, no matter which way you go, stabbing the lich and not stabbing is going to make someone selfish.

I say: let pubs go the way they want instead of preaching your morals. If you want people to play in organized way, go with organized groups, as nature and common sense would dictate.

Yo buddy. Good to see that you somehow have right to hold the mission and players progress hostage THREE PLAYERS HOSTAGE legit eith your own unkillable entity.

That possibly players will eant ti deal with anyways because oh I don't know. LET ME STAB MY FRICKING LICH ALREADY!

Already told you despite the warnings the requests the begging the teachings the advice you'd still rather sit there not stab hold up my progression laugh at me insult me and just downright being the most lowdown dirty d$$$ this game would have 

Newsflash your way fails. Fails and I've done a survey in region in clan and have been looking over guides.

Your way is selfish and you have no right holding me back an extra mission aka 5 to 20 minutes waiting for a lich to spawn.

Oh gee I can just oeave but how long would it take for the average player to realize  you're a selfish d$$$? Bet you don't even tell players you won't stab.

Jesus go solo already instead of this vendetta of forcing it upon the community you mindless greedy scumbag.

1 minute ago, Remedyheart said:

Yo buddy. Good to see that you somehow have right to hold the mission and players progress hostage THREE PLAYERS HOSTAGE legit eith your own unkillable entity.

That possibly players will eant ti deal with anyways because oh I don't know. LET ME STAB MY FRICKING LICH ALREADY!

Already told you despite the warnings the requests the begging the teachings the advice you'd still rather sit there not stab hold up my progression laugh at me insult me and just downright being the most lowdown dirty d$$$ this game would have 

Newsflash your way fails. Fails and I've done a survey in region in clan and have been looking over guides.

Your way is selfish and you have no right holding me back an extra mission aka 5 to 20 minutes waiting for a lich to spawn.

Oh gee I can just oeave but how long would it take for the average player to realize  you're a selfish d$$$? Bet you don't even tell players you won't stab.

Jesus go solo already instead of this vendetta of forcing it upon the community you mindless greedy scumbag.

yXEiYQ4.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Remedyheart said:

On 2019-11-18 at 1:36 AM, Remedyheart said:

This is not a thread for harrassing or insults. So I appreciate it if everyone keeps this civil.

I'm afraid you're not doing what the OP asked, and anyone who doesn't do what the OP wants is toxic.

Wait, you're the OP... not doing what the OP wanted... are you toxic? 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

And that's done by unveiling the Requiems and then using them to deal with the Lich. Just because you want to stab blindly, doesn't mean everyone else should follow suit. Or are you telling me that PUGs are filled with team comps of 3 players that already know their combination and one person that wants to farm it? Pardon me if I call bull.

Everyone stabs blindly! Why? Because it kills the Lich quicker! Ever die in Sanctuary Onslaught? Arbitation? Go complain this.

The death thing is stupid to argue. You not wanting to die is choosing not to partake in a system meant to fricking kill you! Having a player literally de a $&*^ not die to their own entity and kill three other players is a d$$$ move! Because now its not the game killing them. Its the fricking player.

So whoever thought of the bright idea to greif us all on the stupidiest concept I havr ever argued with as in IE I will not die in a game that is trying to kill me constantly in battle is just stupid.