Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New toxic habit "Lich Greifing", Stab your lich please?

Remedyheart

1 minute ago, Remedyheart said:

You've been fine Ty and I agree with you on many points actually. Thank you for having more patience than me. Please let them speak and really read what they're saying.

A question: do you want to be more patient? If you do, then I reiterate my advice from before: take a step back once in a while and, to tack on your own advice, really read what people are saying. You aren't obligated to reply as soon as possible. You are allowed to take a half-hour or however long (forums do seem to keep draft replies with the browser, I believe) to address replies point-by-point.

I could provide more advice or whatever (lots of stuff from Counter Arguments on Youtube), if you're actually that willing. But I won't impose.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

No that's fine have an immortal AI kill us while everyone is waiting for their lich to spawn while the objective is done and everyone else is killing your potential conversion targets.

So, you do actually die to a min level Lich. Lel.

• Like 2

Just now, Askorti said:

So you're saying that democracy is a group of four where three wolves and a sheep decide what's for diner via a majority vote?

Yea, sorry, but that's not the democracy that I know my friend...

No that's fine you keep dictating those three players man. Your lich will discplne them.

Just now, Tyreaus said:

A question: do you want to be more patient? If you do, then I reiterate my advice from before: take a step back once in a while and, to tack on your own advice, really read what people are saying. You aren't obligated to reply as soon as possible. You are allowed to take a half-hour or however long (forums do seem to keep draft replies with the browser, I believe) to address replies point-by-point.

I could provide more advice or whatever (lots of stuff from Counter Arguments on Youtube), if you're actually that willing. But I won't impose.

the office thank you GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Askorti said:

So you're saying that democracy is a group of four where three wolves and a sheep decide what's for diner via a majority vote?

Yea, sorry, but that's not the democracy that I know my friend...

I mean... that's absolutely a pure democracy though.

(and then there's a whole buttload of additional sayings like "And the 2nd amendment is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote"  but they're all silly and not appropriate anyway)

Just now, Paradoxity said:

I mean... that's absolutely a pure democracy though.

(and then there's a whole buttload of additional sayings like "And the 2nd amendment is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote"  but they're all silly and not appropriate anyway)

Agreed. The lich's owner holds all the cards at that point and controls the mission from there on.

5 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

I'd be happy to, so long as you're not repeating things. A conversation cannot develop or progress if the same thing is reenacted as if its true.

The saying "Tell a lie enough, it'll become truth." comes to mind.

Edited by Remedyheart

22 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

Then why are you debating me?

If you don't have the experience with grinding MMOs shut it and learn. If you have no idea how to play just take a tip instead of complain about it?

Just why?

I'm not debating you, that would be weird.

I'm concerned with the amount of things you seem to have read in my post that I didn't actually say.

I mean, I just said I wasn't old.

24 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

shut it and learn

Temper temper, the OP requested everyone remain civil. Please control yourself.

5 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Like, if you do Liches with Inaros, Nidus, wukong, and who else has good survivibility, how the #*!% it is going to kill you even if you do a mistake.

Umbralfied Grendel. If I build anything else but defense my Grendel gets one shotted.

And I like playing him with a mix of power range and efficency.

So now not only do I need to put aside my favorite way of playibg Grendel I need to have a full on tank ti avoid dying to a greifer's lich. I lose out.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

I'm not debating you, that would be weird.

I'm concerned with the amount of things you seem to have read in my post that I didn't actually say.

I mean, I just said I wasn't old.

Temper temper, the OP requested everyone remain civil. Please control yourself.

Then why? Honestly. Like I've told you why you're wrong and yes you did the same to me but you lack so much logic and defensive points that you end up repeating things.

Just why? You don't know don't have the experience and have literally no good case to defend it so.

While I've tested created guides spent time testing and teaching here.

Just why?!

2 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Like, if you do Liches with Inaros, Nidus, wukong, and who else has good survivibility, how the #*!% it is going to kill you even if you do a mistake.

You're saying that like them killing you is an actual victory though. It's not. It's like a kid in a playground who would shout that he got you with [overexaggeration] anytime things didn't go his way. It's as challenging as Russian Roulette.

1 minute ago, Remedyheart said:

No that's fine you keep dictating those three players man. Your lich will discplne them.

You didn't address what I wrote though. You're advocating for throwing a person under the bus so that other people can get what they want marginally faster. The fact that this one person will then face more hardship and difficulty doesn't seem to concern you one bit. Your position is just as selfish as what you claim the other side to be. You're being toxic, but you only see toxicity in those who disagree with you.

But that's pubs. IMO both sides should go the simple way. You know there's this magical thing called... "recruiting chat" where you can find people whose goals align with yours? if you want to stab your lich, you go there and look for people who also want to stab theirs. This extends to the other side as well. You don't want to stab your lich? You go to find a group that doesn't care for stabbing and wants to farm murmurs from just the thralls. That's how I did it, and despite being in this "toxic and selfish" no-stab camp, I didn't "dictate to the other 3 players" and kept things very nice and non-toxic.

And pubs.. pubs are what pubs are, a place where all players can do their thing. I mean, are you also going to tell inexperienced people to never try to go hunting eidolons if they don't have the proper gear for it because it drags others down?

7 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

It's as challenging as Russian Roulette.

You ever play professional Russian Roulette?

It uses an AK47 with a drum magazine.

Note: This is not a threat, just a bad joke.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

I'd be happy to, so long as you're not repeating things. A conversation cannot develop or progress if the same thing is reenacted as if its true.

The saying "Tell a lie enough, it'll become truth." comes to mind.

If people are repeating things, then you have two optimal options:

1. Don't respond to that part of what they're saying (the rest may be new, however), or

2. Quote yourself where you addressed that the first time, as I did earlier.

2 is ideal because it starts to dig at a possible misunderstanding, but either saves you a disproportionate amount of time and energy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

*calmly drizzles gasoline on table to set it on fire*

I don't know what you mean. :satisfied:

2 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

you end up repeating things.

Um... no u?

3 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

Just why? You don't know don't have the experience and have literally no good case to defend it so.

Because I said I wasn't old? Jeez, just from that one tidbit of information you seem to know everything about me. 

Better get my bank details changed.

4 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

Just why?!

Because you're being silly, and I derive amusement from this.

4 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

Oh wait that's a mob.

If an entire mob are telling you you're wrong, maybe they have a point?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

You're saying that like them killing you is an actual victory though. It's not. It's like a kid in a playground who would shout that he got you with [overexaggeration] anytime things didn't go his way. It's as challenging as Russian Roulette.

One death instead of multiple?

Gee...wonder how that works for you?You have control at that point and I got no choice. So please go ahead and prevent me from seeing my lich this mission when I just want my weapon and to move on to my next lich. I can wait ten more missions.