Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE stop force us to fishing or capture animals for the Nightwave Challenges...

TugraKHAN

1 hour ago, TugraKHAN said:

You are FORCED to play them...
Not all of us can play 24/7...
And if you want to get last weeks' challenges you MUST to complete them...

You don't have to participate in Nightwave, so it's not "forced" onto you. The only way you can technically backup that claim, is when you WANT something from the rewards table or from the ranks, but again, that's your desire (aka choice) for you to go after that.

You don't even have to play 24/7 to complete Nightwave, that's an exaggeration on your part. For example, this week, I would say could take as much as 5-7 hours depending on how much you are going for them.

And yes, if you WANT to get last weeks' challenges you have to do most of the current weeks' challenges. So again, it's less that you are forced to do them, it's more that you just don't want to do them. And that's fine, it is your choice, which also means you are basically complaining about your own decision to do so.

1 hour ago, Leyvonne said:

Keyword here is WANT... no-one is forcing you to go for last weeks challenges or go for the rewards. You choose to do it just like I've chosen to only do challenges I find fun even if it means I'll never reach rank 30.

If I can't get that bloody Umbra Forma my build won't complete...
So that still this NOT count as "FORCED"?..

10 hours ago, Xaero said:

And why do you feel forced to do this?

This.

I don't like them either. I'll usually do fishing or mining ones, even if I'm cursing constantly while fending off ghouls while casting or being harassed by flying vermin. 

I have no desire to do the captures. These I ignore. 

NW is pretty easy to complete and I skip quite a few tasks in any given season. It's not a big deal. Don't do it if you don't want to. 

Instead of asking to remove missions, suggest new ones so those that are boring to you become rarer.
Otherwise we would soon be left without missions in nightwaves.

For example, I would like some missions regarding spy.

Such as
Complete a spy on Lua / Kuva Fortress or a RNG planet
Complete a spy without alarms and without invisible warframes

15 minutes ago, GmG-ITA said:

Instead of asking to remove missions, suggest new ones so those that are boring to you become rarer.
Otherwise we would soon be left without missions in nightwaves.

For example, I would like some missions regarding spy.

Such as
Complete a spy on Lua / Kuva Fortress or a RNG planet
Complete a spy without alarms and without invisible warframes

I was thinking about this the other day. Why are there Index based NW missions, but no Arena based missions? To me it seems that NW is designed to get players to experience a little bit of all the game has to offer and this seems like an oversight.

Edited by No1NParticular31

19 minutes ago, TugraKHAN said:

If I can't get that bloody Umbra Forma my build won't complete...
So that still this NOT count as "FORCED"?..

Being forced = having to do something against your free will. I'm 100% sure you have free will when it comes to doing or not doing NW challenges.

Are you required to do the challenges to get rewards you want? Yes (that is how rewards usually work).
Are you forced or "forced" to do them? No.

• Like 1

No. No one is putting a gun to your head and "forcing you" to do NW, just as no one is "forcing you" to play the game. However it still stands that to do NW with the goal of reaching rank 60 for all the credits and things you can buy with it, you are FORCED to do things like animal captures. I find fishing, mining and animal captures all mind numbingly boring, but at least with fishing and mining you get crafting materials out of it that you can use. With animal capture you get nothing but tokens for a useless floof. Maybe if there were some benefit to doing them it could be a little different.

The dam conservation needs to be removed or modified.  Perfect caputers are sometimes impossible. 

That bird thing has a horrible hit box.  I can be right on top of it and it misses.  The one with armor can walk around for 5 minutes and not show it's underside to shoot.  Then there are others that just die for no reason.  I'm about to take a shot and it dies.  

Then sometimes they do not register, I get a perfect capture but it didn't count.  I'll never do this one again but my list of things to skip is getting very long....

Change it to capture and remove "perfect".  Allow a bad capture to count, why does it need to be perfect.  The animal is saved, I could care less about the rep.  

Even without perfect capture, it still will take to long for 4500 nightwave points.   Change it to 3 regular captures and it is more inline the rest of time commitment.  

Noone is forcing u with possible rewards that u dont get in any other way? Ok.

I mean, floofs are for what exactly? Is there anything I can get out of it? Im really not a fan of these "gather" missions, and if u dont even get anything useful out of it and it has nothing to do with the gameplay u want (beeing a space ninja with amazing weapons and abilities) get it out of nightwave please.

There is much that is forced in the game but the Nightwave reward track is totally optional. YOU want the rewards so YOU do the tasks needed but only YOU can force yourself to do all of them even the ones YOU don't like so there no one but YOU to blame.

Edited by AzureTerra

On 2019-11-17 at 10:57 PM, TugraKHAN said:

I'm really about to lose my motivation to play...
This is a shooter game so that forcing players to fishing or capturing animals is cruelty at its finest...
If I want to play fishing game there is tons of fisihng simulator, if I want to play pokemon there is tons of them too...
Please DE be logical and stop forcing "SHOOTER" playerbase to go fishing or capturing animals...

Actually, Warframe is a not MMO but actually secretlt is MMO with shooter elements added.