Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lost, cancelled, forgotten or unpublished content

Whiskered

Greetings fellow Tennos

I wanted to make comprehensive list of of content and concepts that were lost in time. That was cancelled for one reason or another, abandoned or just lost without mention.
I will split it into categories, trying to back up my findings with relevant images.

If you find something that I missed, I shall append that to this first post. So let's go!

GAME MODES

Stalker mode

Spoiler

Stalker mode was an idea to let players attack and invade players marked for death by Stalker. This would allow to earn special currency that we could buy unique rewards.
This game mode has been cancelled due high amount of people complaining on forums that Warframe should be only PvE game.

GAME CONCEPTS
Eximus 2.0

Spoiler

On some older Dev stream DE has showcased new eximus enemies. This new variant had additional Armour pieces that had to be shot off before unit could be killed.

Mods 3.0

Spoiler

There was this big ambitious concept bounced around. Where the DMG mods would be removed and instead we would be charging our weapons with endo and credits.  Idea here was to allow players to mod weapons for other things than just DMG output.

Damage 3.0

WEAPONS
I will not put here all most recent weapons from last tenno-con, but older ones.

Primary Kitguns

Spoiler

mnuw1sz181v21.png
When kit guns were shown for a first time there were showcased primary grips. Still not here.
Honestly it feels like underwhelming concept with missed potential.

Mysterious sentient and it's arm cannon.

Spoiler

2016-PAX-East-ExoSentientAndWeapon-1024x
We all seen this guy many times. We seen some in game images of Nyx with this arm cannon.
There was eve glitch that allowed to disarm Senteitns and use their arms as weapons.
Most probably it will come out with new war or Sentient's tile set.

Tenno Dual Axe

Spoiler

spuA6LN.jpgLooks like weaponized ayatan sculptures.

Grinner hand saws

Spoiler

sean-bigham-sb-grineer-saw-axe-001.jpg?1

sean-bigham-sb-grineer-buzzsaw-001.jpg?1Most probably became ghoul saw.

Lunaro Arcata as weapon

Spoiler

This was play tested and experimented on. Eventually it was cancelled due that, normal levels were much more complex than lunaro arenas and  ball was often getting stuck.

BOSSES
Nef Anyo

Spoiler

4562dfc9574afb98dfd1662d965ff487.png
Poor poor sergeant is still boss of Phobos.

Derf Anyo

Spoiler

p10q86eu5v811.png
He was supposed to be nephew of Nef Anyo. Shame this never got realized.

EXISTING IN GAME BUT UNAVAILABLE

Corpus machinist flamethrower

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190525180826
We all know it, we all seen it.
One day it might randomly become available to us. As itehr new weapon or just Ignis re-skin.

Nox goo cannon.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170703140638

It was briefly available as water gun during summer event. It might randomly show up in tenno reinforcements.

Edited by Whiskered
  • Like 12

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The Infested Zaw links are in game. They show up when you use the Plague Star Arcanes (Regular Zaw Arcanes place a gem in the Link if I'm not mistaken, this is the equivalent of that).

Never seen them in game.
My bad, will remove that entry then.

9 minutes ago, Whiskered said:

Greetings fellow Tennos

I wanted to make comprehensive list of of content and concepts that were lost in time. That was cancelled for one reason or another, abandoned or just lost without mention.
I will split it into categories, trying to back up my findings with relevant images.

If you find something that I missed, I shall append that to this first post. So let's go!

GAME MODES

Stalker mode

Reveal hidden contents

Stalker mode was an idea to let players attack and invade players marked for death by Stalker. This would allow to earn special currency that we could buy unique rewards.
This game mode has been cancelled due high amount of people complaining on forums that Warframe should be only PvE game.

I think they have it on the back burner but not sure about that

GAME CONCEPTS 

Eximus 2.0

Reveal hidden contents

On some older Dev stream DE has showcased new eximus enemies. This new variant had addiional armour pieces that had to be shot off before unit could be killed.

scrapped after player outrage

Mods 3.0

Reveal hidden contents

There was this big ambitious concept bounced around. Where the DMG mods would be removed and instead we would be charging our weapons with endo and credits.  Idea here was to allow players to mod weapons for other things than just DMG output.

Damage 3.0

WEAPONS
I will not put here all most recent weapons from last tenno-con, but older ones.

Primary Kitguns

Reveal hidden contents

mnuw1sz181v21.png
When kit guns were shown for a first time there were showcased primary grips. Still not here.
Honestly it feels like underwhelming concept with missed potential.

working on it

Mysterious sentient and it's arm cannon.

Reveal hidden contents

2016-PAX-East-ExoSentientAndWeapon-1024x
We all seen this guy many times. We seen some in game images of Nyx with this arm cannon.
There was eve glitch that allowed to disarm Senteitns and use their arms as weapons.

as far as I heard it comes with New War or Duviri Paradox

Tenno Dual Axe

Reveal hidden contents

spuA6LN.jpgLooks like weaponized ayatan sculptures.

probably working on it

Infested Zaw Links

Reveal hidden contents

fa2f3c4180283782bd97f758e753ccd4.png

Those were showcased with rest of infested Zaw parts. Most probably didn't made past concept stage.
Now I kinda wish we had similar event with Grinner attacking orb valis and new kit guns based on Grinner tech would show up.

as said, they are ingame. can't remove this quote because editing on mobile is a pain

Grinner hand saws

Reveal hidden contents

sean-bigham-sb-grineer-saw-axe-001.jpg?1

sean-bigham-sb-grineer-buzzsaw-001.jpg?1Most probably became ghoul saw.

probably somewhere on the back burner

Lunaro Arcata as weapon

Reveal hidden contents

This was play tested and experimented on. Eventually it was cancelled due that, normal levels were much more complex than lunaro arenas and  ball was often getting stuck.

scrapped because it was more broken than raids

BOSSES

Nef Anyo

Reveal hidden contents

4562dfc9574afb98dfd1662d965ff487.png
Poor poor sergeant is still boss of Phobos.

Derf Anyo

Reveal hidden contents

p10q86eu5v811.png
He was supposed to be nephew of Nef Anyo. Shame this never got realized.

probably scrapped since nef got his whole religious prophet story arc going on atm

14 minutes ago, Whiskered said:

this isnt lost, canceled or forgotten it is coming as guess you actually missed the stream they showed it off again

19 minutes ago, Whiskered said:

Damage 3.0

Currently a WIP...

The ranged weapons tuning that happened last year came from them working on dmg 3.0, the change to heat damage this year, and the melee re-work did too.

We just shouldn't expect to see one big thing labeled Damage 3.0 as the game has so many synergies and dependencies that to do it all at once would be crazy.

25 minutes ago, Emolition said:

The arm is a big part of new war so dont know how that is canceled as new war not out yet.

I did said it is not yet in game.
That it will show up later with new war, most probably.

All the random one of weapons might just show up randomly as tenno reinforcements.
They don't have to be tied in to anything.

Edited by Whiskered

1 hour ago, Whiskered said:

Stalker mode

Man that would have been an excellent troll mode. I would make a great stalker. Loading in to spy missions, setting off alarms, hiding the data mass, assassinating rescue vips or blowing up extractors from a distance, attacking the defense target.

tenor.gif

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Man that would have been an excellent troll mode. I would make a great stalker. Loading in to spy missions, setting off alarms, hiding the data mass, assassinating rescue vips or blowing up extractors from a distance, attacking the defense target.

tenor.gif

and this is why we can't have nice things.