Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Lotus make an announcement when Thralls/Liches stop?

No1NParticular31

It would be super helpful if the Lotus could announce something like "It appears the Lich and their Thralls have retreated, you are clear to proceed" when no more Thralls or Liches are going to spawn. Especially in the faster missions such as capture, I have seen teams arrive at the extract point with Thralls and even Liches still spawning. Currently there is no way to know if we are done and can leave, or if we should wait a bit longer. This would help us to know for sure.

I'm against this.
The Lichs are meant to be a menace. Something that gives you are hard time. Something that haunts you.

Having the Lotus or anyone else give you information about them would be silly.
If the Lotus has information about their arrival or them leaving, why doesn't she has information on the needed requiem mods? Why doesn't she prevent them from stealing your stuff?

No, these things should kept a secret. If you want to farm thralls, just take your time. If you rush through the mission, then just end it. As long as you don't hit the max Thrall mark on that mission, the node remains controlled by the Lich.
Atleast for me it was this way, when I only encountered 3 Thralls during a mission. I played that mission 4 times until it was no longer controlled by my Lich.

17 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I'm against this.
The Lichs are meant to be a menace. Something that gives you are hard time. Something that haunts you.

Having the Lotus or anyone else give you information about them would be silly.
If the Lotus has information about their arrival or them leaving, why doesn't she has information on the needed requiem mods? Why doesn't she prevent them from stealing your stuff?

No, these things should kept a secret. If you want to farm thralls, just take your time. If you rush through the mission, then just end it. As long as you don't hit the max Thrall mark on that mission, the node remains controlled by the Lich.
Atleast for me it was this way, when I only encountered 3 Thralls during a mission. I played that mission 4 times until it was no longer controlled by my Lich.

She can't see them coming, but once she knows they are there she can scan for them and no longer detect them on her scanners when they leave. She alerts you to Stalker, G3, Juggernaut, etc. and I am not even asking for an alert when they are coming, just when they are gone.

16 minutes ago, No1NParticular31 said:

Yeah yeah, OK so the Ordis impersonation of Lotus that still "talks to us' then.

Which is only valid for what the Lotus could do before she went on a road trip.

The information you want is something that, and you're right about it, the Lotus would be able to provide because she would actively find it.

Ordis, however, only impersonates and doesn't find information about any of it due to the obvious difference between him and the Lotus.

"Why does it appear on the Star Chart, then?" Its simply to show you the status of the Star Chart, Ordis has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Uhkretor

4 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Which is only valid for what the Lotus could do before she went on a roadtrip.

The information you want is something that, and you're right about it, the Lotus would be able to provide because she would actively find it.

Ordis, however, only impersonates and doesn't find information about any of it due to the obvious difference between him and the Lotus.

"Why does it appear on the Star Chart, then?" Its simply to show you the status of the Star Chart, Ordis has nothing to do with it.

Except the Ordis impersonation, still detects Stalker, G3, Juggernaut, Kuva cloud details, and everything else the Lotus did.

1 minute ago, No1NParticular31 said:

Except the Ordis impersonation, still detects Stalker, G3, Juggernaut, Kuva cloud details, and everything else the Lotus did.

Thanks for agreeing with me. I even pointed out the keyword you used for it.

Ordis can't do anything that the Lotus would do after she went on a road trip, because its an impersonation. He doesn't know what she would, should and/or could say about anything else beyond the point we all know.

And yes, I'm trying to avoid spoiling stuff because every player reads the forum.