Jump to content
QuinnCarter

Why do people keep sayin Baruuk is weak?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

Yeah I remember people parading his 1 around as the best tank ability ever when he was announced, then people realized that it needed insane range to work in all directions and only worked while you aren't fighting, which makes it pointless because you NEED to fight enemies to deal with them.

His 1 is honestly the biggest problem in his kit, even Desert Wind at least works as intended and has value for the most part. His 1 just works against the entire kit and drains energy all the while.

I remember people complaining about Wukong's Defy in a similar fashion before his rework.

I treat 1 as a way to revive teammates without getting gibbed, since you're just standing there doing nothing anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Baruuk has to build up a separate meter (using powers that cost energy mind you) and then expend that meter to use the exalted. So if anything is more of a restriction than a benefit.

That's a problem with a lot of the recent frames, and by "recent" I'm referring to stuff released in the last 2 years. Most of them are just worse versions of old frames that are more complicated and fiddly to play. DE seems to have fallen in love with special frame-specific meters for some reason, and I don't think it's really benefiting the game.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snydrex said:

it might be my personal opinion, but they could at least make it look cool.

Like, if it showed his upper half actually ducking and weaving at blur-speeds when projectile contact was made, I'd like it more, maybe even enough to disregard how counter-intuitive it is.

However, I don't know if Baruuk deserves (or needs) that level of attention. They basically introduced his concept, and a week later, he was released. That's sort of crazy. DE doesn't seem to have a big limelight on him at the moment.

Well functionally he's not inherently broken and unfun to use like some frames are/were.

He mostly suffers from wasted potential syndrome more than anything, what he has works to most extents but he still has issues.

I'd say the fact that players are usually using at least 2-3 of his abilities with regularity is a sight better than some frames who were 1 trick ponies (Old Wukong the Defy-Bot).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, QuinnCarter said:

I treat 1 as a way to revive teammates without getting gibbed, since you're just standing there doing nothing anyway.

I usually just use his 2 and 3, enemies can't gib me if they are asleep or having to run over to me with a knife after all (and being a Vazrin player doesn't hurt either).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

That's a problem with a lot of the recent frames, and by "recent" I'm referring to stuff released in the last 2 years. Most of them are just worse versions of old frames that are more complicated and fiddly to play. DE seems to have fallen in love with special frame-specific meters for some reason, and I don't think it's really benefiting the game.

Less restraint gives you more damage reduction, so it has a secondary use, it's not just for Desert Wind.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aldain said:

Well functionally he's not inherently broken and unfun to use like some frames are/were.

He mostly suffers from wasted potential syndrome more than anything, what he has works to most extents but he still has issues.

I'd say the fact that players are usually using at least 2-3 of his abilities with regularity is a sight better than some frames who were 1 trick ponies (Old Wukong the Defy-Bot).

I agree with all this. I still enjoy playing as him, because if I didn't, I would have stopped by now.

 

  • Satisfied 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

Do not listen to other people opinions and form your own because they call even Revenant useless when he has infinite scaling and can 1 shot any enemy enthralled

^ This.

People mock me for bringing Assimilate Nyx to a Profit-Taker fight. Meanwhile I end up picking up the downed Chromas/Rhinos etc while CCing the corpus, taking down the beacons/pylons, and dealing with the orb mother. Oh, and zero deaths 😎

 

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

but in the context of the status less melee that baruke uses it is still better.  

yes and I don't know why I still have to explain to you why on baruke impact is better than slash he has no status chance

I’m not even going to bother with you if you’re just going to ignore obvious facts.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m not even going to bother with you if you’re just going to ignore obvious facts.

You seem more emotionally invested in this than everyone else here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, QuinnCarter said:

You seem more emotionally invested in this than everyone else here.

Because I can’t stand those who are “academically challenged”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because I can’t stand those who are “academically challenged”. 

Dude, calm down, it's just videogames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

Do not listen to other people opinions and form your own because they call even Revenant useless when he has infinite scaling and can 1 shot any enemy enthralled

Revenant is trash and poorly implemented scaling doesn’t save him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s math and logic. Both of which Spirit is clearly oblivious to.

Math and logic in videogames, videogames is not academia, it's just a hobby. There's no need to be so aggressive.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real question is, why did you make a thread asking about why people think Baruuk is weak, only to straight up refuse to listen to anyone else's opinion on the matter?

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, QuinnCarter said:

Math and logic in videogames, videogames is not academia, it's just a hobby. There's no need to be so aggressive.

Would you have preferred if I just called him something worse and more obvious? Because my choice of words is clearly confusing you.

It’s calculating the best possible damage output based on weapon stats and the mods provided. That’s math. It’s taking into consideration the mechanics of weapons and how to use them to amplify damage. That’s logic. But hey we’re only discussing the specifics of why Serene Storm isn’t that great of an exalted weapon. And it’s “only a video game”. So why should we bother with math or logic?

 

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

The real question is, why did you make a thread asking about why people think Baruuk is weak, only to straight up refuse to listen to anyone else's opinion on the matter?

THANK YOU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, QuinnCarter said:

Math and logic in videogames, videogames is not academia, it's just a hobby.

Not to be that guy (I'm mostly just saying this out of fastidiousness) but Math and Logic are basically all Video Games are, it is lines of code and numbers that represent an interact-able system.

Hek, there's an entire academia dedicated to Game Design these days.

Edited by Aldain
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

The real question is, why did you make a thread asking about why people think Baruuk is weak, only to straight up refuse to listen to anyone else's opinion on the matter?

Where do you get me not listening to people's opinions?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most people fail to see that Barruk is like a weapons platform, because they are confused by anything that cannot press 4, and wipe out an entire tile set. You have to be able to think outside the box in order to understand, that the pacifist is amazing with weapons, instead of his fists. His fists are fine for current game content, but if you take him high, you need to switch to the mindset of them being cc. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nichivo said:

I think most people fail to see that Barruk is like a weapons platform, because they are confused by anything that cannot press 4, and wipe out an entire tile set. You have to be able to think outside the box in order to understand, that the pacifist is amazing with weapons, instead of his fists. His fists are fine for current game content, but if you take him high, you need to switch to the mindset of them being cc. 

I agree with this, but Baruuk is somewhat outclassed in terms of just being a weapons platform by several other frames who can bring more to the table overall.

Even Chroma can just do massive damage buffing and we all know that's all Chroma is used for.

Baruuk is stuck between being a frame who stands on his own and a full weapons platform type, and that is where the issues tend to arise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He isn't weak. In fact, he is incredibly strong. The only problem is that he is ugly, and there are no cosmetics I have found to make him look good. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I just figured out my bias.

Baruuk is the Warframe I have the most fun with. Any issues other people have that other people have with him I don't notice because the novelty of killing 10 dudes with one punch from across the room is the absolute best. I don't notice problems and weaknesses he has because I just want to have fun, and I'm able to have fun even when up against level 150 enemies.

So yeah, my inability to see other people's problems with Baruuk comes down to a purely subjective reason that I can't put aside. Sorry if it seems like I'm being stubborn with my responses, people with valid criticisms of Baruuk aren't wrong. I just want to keep playing Baruuk.

Edited by QuinnCarter
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, QuinnCarter said:

So yeah, my inability to see other people's problems with Baruuk comes down to a purely subjective reason that I can't put aside. Sorry if it seems like I'm being stubborn with my responses,

Nah I'm basically the same with with Excalibro myself.

I've only laid out a few issues I have, I do agree that he's still fun overall but there's a few dents that can be ironed out here and there overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I don't play Baruuk a lot is because I don't like how he looks 😕

I hope his upcoming deluxe will make me want to play him again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...