Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people keep sayin Baruuk is weak?

QuinnCarter

1 hour ago, Monochromeatic said:

sadly most rhino players don't know how to effectively use iron skin, they just assume you press 2 and that's it. A lot of people will bash on him and say hes a noob frame but in all honesty the timing management required to maximize his survivabilty (even more more so with ironcland charge, arcane tanker etc) is a lot more difficult than just being a big meat shield with high HP and adaptation.

I feel like that was a jab at Inaros. Dont get me wrong I've always thought Inaros was more of a noob frame than rhino.

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

That's a problem with a lot of the recent frames, and by "recent" I'm referring to stuff released in the last 2 years. Most of them are just worse versions of old frames that are more complicated and fiddly to play. DE seems to have fallen in love with special frame-specific meters for some reason, and I don't think it's really benefiting the game.

I kind of disagree.

Well, I didn't play every frame yet, but as far as "separate meters" go, there's :

- Ember. I don't have her so can't comment.

- Gauss. Since his last buff he get to 100% pretty quickly and can keep the buff for a good 40 seconds. You literally leave 2+4 constantly active with him.

- Baruuk. The meter is a "bit" of a pain to set up at the beginning of the mission and he's not made for anything else than endless run. But once the meter is full, you can constantly use Desert Storm as long as you don't forget to recast 2 and 3 regularly.

- Nidus. He's just incredibly strong and it's certainly not his "meter" that bring him down. If anything that allows him to be unkillable AND helps in long run since it also allows his 1 to scale in damage.

- Nezha, though his Halo is just a glorified Iron Skin with better visualization. Nothing to say there.

Sure, DE loves giving use those "meters". But is that really bad ? All of these frames are pretty fun to use. Personally since his release I think that Grendel is a better Inaros. He got similar abilities in a way, but gives way better CC, better buff to his team and is actually fun to use.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

5 minutes ago, QuinnCarter said:

I think I just figured out my bias.

Baruuk is the Warframe I have the most fun with. Any issues other people have that other people have with him I don't notice because the novelty of killing 10 dudes with one punch from across the room is the absolute best. I don't notice problems and weaknesses he has because I just want to have fun, and I'm able to have fun even when up against level 150 enemies.

So yeah, my inability to see other people's problems with Baruuk comes down to a purely subjective reason that I can't put aside. Sorry if it seems like I'm being stubborn with my responses,

I'm sure most of the people here wanted to like Baruuk for similar enough reasons and recognizes he has his strengths.  He gets massive damage reduction and his fists are great at clearing out waves of low armor enemies.  In practice though, most enemies are dead before I can even cast Lull, and normal weapons can outkill him.  You asked why he's weak, not why he's strong, and he's weak because there are other frames don't have these limitations.

26 minutes ago, QuinnCarter said:

I think I just figured out my bias.

Baruuk is the Warframe I have the most fun with. Any issues other people have that other people have with him I don't notice because the novelty of killing 10 dudes with one punch from across the room is the absolute best. I don't notice problems and weaknesses he has because I just want to have fun, and I'm able to have fun even when up against level 150 enemies.

So yeah, my inability to see other people's problems with Baruuk comes down to a purely subjective reason that I can't put aside. Sorry if it seems like I'm being stubborn with my responses, people with valid criticisms of Baruuk aren't wrong. I just want to keep playing Baruuk.

No, dont worry. Its how this forum goes. Fun is not allowed here. Dont bring that here. I say this with a good dosage of cynism.

You find something good, then find out others dont like it. You try and tell others the reason why while remaining steadfast in your opinion and gets beaten down for it until they get into your head that yes: you are wrong and they are right.

Now start a Revenant thread and put his good points out there.

21 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

No, dont worry. Its how this forum goes. Fun is not allowed here. Dont bring that here. I say this with a good dosage of cynism.

You find something good, then find out others dont like it. You try and tell others the reason why while remaining steadfast in your opinion and gets beaten down for it until they get into your head that yes: you are wrong and they are right.

Now start a Revenant thread and put his good points out there.

I never used Revenant (other than for MR) so I honestly have no idea.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

What good points? He has Danse Macabre and that’s about it.

His only good use is as an example of how to never design a Warframe.

Why are you so negative today?

6 minutes ago, QuinnCarter said:

Why are you so negative today?

When it comes to Revenant that's just Gears in a nutshell.

I agree with him on some of the issues but he also pushes it a bit too far at times.

Don't take it personally, I'm pretty sure Gears isn't saying these things out of malice towards others, just dissatisfaction with Revenant.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s more that he mentioned Revenant. I’m probably the person on this forums that hates him the most and it’s pretty much instinct to insult the frame at every opportunity.

I envy anyone who has so little conflict in their life that they have to make conflict themselves in these ways.

Just now, QuinnCarter said:

I envy anyone who has so little conflict in their life that they have to make conflict themselves in these ways.

Everyone has at least one thing that sets them off like a rocket.

I mean I could be starving to death and I would still have an instinctual and aggressive reaction to somebody putting words in my mouth and telling me what I'm saying.

But that's just my personal one huge button.

I mean he is by no means a bad frame, only reason why i dont play him is due im not too fond of his toolkit. Not to mention he can get shut down hard by nullifiers. Also his fashionframe is terrible, extremly plain and odd materials, Graxx skin is probably the only thing that is his saving grace looks wise