Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas needs a new passive.

tekmansam

This would be a minor niche passive that would give Atlas a lore based purpose in farming.  According to his leverian entries, Atlas can commune with the rocks and see their strengths and weaknesses.  Give him a passive that tracks mining nodes on the map, regardless of whether you have a drill equipped.  You are welcome.

It is so minor it would be a second passive.  I don't suggest removing his current.  There are other frames with 2 passives.  Atlas can have this.  I don't always have my drill out when farming.  Sometimes I get disrupted by enemies.  Being able to keep out a weapon until you need your drill--like I said, it is minor (so minor it can add to his current one) and it improves the lore/gameplay of Atlas.

2 hours ago, tekmansam said:

It is so minor it would be a second passive.  I don't suggest removing his current.  There are other frames with 2 passives.  Atlas can have this.  I don't always have my drill out when farming.  Sometimes I get disrupted by enemies.  Being able to keep out a weapon until you need your drill--like I said, it is minor (so minor it can add to his current one) and it improves the lore/gameplay of Atlas.

But technically Atlas already has a 2nd passive, which is his Rubble armor. And on the last part of your paragraph, how does it exactly do this?

You said it's minor, yet it apparently would affect both of the lore and gameplay. Yet, all it would do is show ores on the minimaps, which would only serve a purpose in Open Worlds, and only for 1 Warframe. It's not like Revenant where he has small passives within the Plains of Eidolon because he directly comes from it. It's not even like a companion who explicitly has an ability meant for Open World content, and also technically comes from it (shoutouts to Oxylus).

Also the example within the Leverian that you bring up for reasoning for the passive to be added: "But Atlas was listening, feeling, the way the stone trembled to the hymn's pitch. The faults within the asteroid became vivid to him...", doesn't exactly correlate to "able to detect ores within an area", especially before that when Atlas was: "kneeled down, head and hands pressed to the ground". So in reality, Atlas would have to be staying still while crouched down (I guess?) in order for the passive to properly work, if it were to be accurate to the lore; which in the end would probably be slower than just bringing out your drill.

By the way, a reason why some people are probably confusing your statement as a replacement for his current passive is the phrasing. It'd be best to change your title to "another" passive rather than a "new" one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tekmansam said:

K first of all, this is just basically ham-fisting a pseudo-Ivara GIMMICK for a super specific niche thing. By your logic, plenty of warframes should get extremely pointless passives, sure some of them are kind of pointless because they are old as eef (take loki`s extra wall clinging as a prime example, plus another one, being like how one of Vauban`s old passives was just terrible, getting extra armor just by having allies nearby which translated to trash for survivability purposes).

Plus the issue is not the frame, its the drill design on how one makes use of it, With PC you can resolve it by setting a special hotkey to a specific slot so you can quick pull out the drill, but if i recall, one of D.E.`s latest improvements were to allow you to go to melee without losing your drill/fishing rod by being able to aim to return to gun mode, aka using that tool again. Shame they cant make use of the archgun launcher active item as a new base to redesign how fishing rods and mining lasers are used, so they simply replace your guns till you `swap` with the gun switch button, to prevent small annoyances.

It would make more sense, to just include another widget known as `Passive search`, where one can toggle it on so regardless if you have the drill out or not, you will be able to have the mining location scanner visible still. Granted, i would like the same features for animal tracking so i don`t need to keep the hunting rifle out to see scat spots, that way i can get in my archwing, fly to the spot and not need to waypoint the thing to memorize the location every time i want to track an animal.

And trust me...We do not need a fudging stupid gimmick nichie things on warframes.~ Because when i mean by GIMMICK, i mean things similar to the joke mods we can get in ESO, which serve no purpose except for a few lols, despite it being rather detrimental to you builds to add those extra luls. Vauban being a good example where D.E. thought it would be a good idea to give us a speed pad. Honestly, it should of been a Kinetic field which would force projectiles shot towards it to do a flipper and change directions to where the thing is going, while also accelerating yours or ally projectile fire as long as your firing towards the proper momentum bit, while also doubling as a bounce grenade so if enemies get near the shield, they get YEET`d like they do with the acceleration pad, oh plus accelerating the shots could maybe do something more then boost projectile flight speed like maybe up the damage or greatly negate any falloff it would have.

Granted i am getting off topic a tad maybe, but for cripes sake Even if it served as a double passive, its still a absurdly useless gimmick where i would likely use Ivara or Loki instead, since i could basically mine in peace with Ivara`s prowl, combined with the silent widget, lets me not break stealth and i can make use of dash wires to get to annoying to reach spots, especially on orb vallis mining.

Edited by Avienas

so far i gather other locations and planets should have  mining and fishing or other types of resources and creatures to fight and capture, or the game will be too predictable, and hard to just log-in to help a few blokes,

mission goals and diverse exploration, maybe better environments and mission music, larger interactives and enemies enfeebled per planet, cetus has a purple generator, other planets dont give enemies great features so it feels the same, enemies cant interact with the sublets so they are predictable, appearance changes and features missing.

until then a few items could be transposed on pickup, 

thres the need for enemies to perform wider scans and sound alarms faster, where the dogs and robots should be on the fields getting killed instead, the human/grinner should remain in a safer shielded areas operating machines and enfeeblign those like mad-doctors, dropping keys and judgement things, but we right now have the wrong henchmen getting split in halves outside, they can't block or predict a player(s) coming from behind, spiderman could.

so at least give those enemies a chance to widen their enemy maps, and perform scans, and have shockbodies, and larger armor, forecepts, and prostetics, maybe if they are knocked unconsious they are teleported and leave a brandish or key to open redlockers, or datalogs for the minimap which open up submissions and bounties, free prisoners,  and reputable things, it doesn't have to be nasty !things,

for the enemies  mining and setting traps, transporting data would look awesome, they should have some places to sit where players can kill them if they are careful to trigger alarms or sensors, but many turrets and robots should be guarding the assasination target, and shields so they can work peafully, monitoring minning, and resources, and ships from a doughnut perspective,.

scaningfixing computers,

enemies already have decent chatter but are easy to kill meatwads with no latter functions on death, maybe a maggot or two continues to fight until its exterminated, dropping energy and infecting machinery or pickups becoming unusable, harming with toxins and poison is predictable behavior, they are small, the worst thing is a teleporting maggot who can overtake another deadgun

yeah, they do come in to disrupt you while ur mining and fishing which is a reason why we shoot them down, but there should be other enhancements and rewards added,

as for the new passive(s) and ideas for atlas, drink pepsi, new emotes, i haven't played atlas.

i study books with gemstones and geology because i have an interest in chemistry, the scanner needs more beeps and sounds, many of the fisions should have fosil and other items for crafting weapons and scanning for players who dont have tools or special abilitis/pasiv, the spots should react to bullets, and melee hits, exploding or releasing fumes, sparks, and sublet fragments, such as rubedo chuncks, and powder to collect or scan later it makes sense which can set off nearby guards and music changes.

so what i can offer atlas people is that they gain affinity and powerful magic for using in abilities, magic, and shooting if minning is used, that maybe atlas can gain more reputable mods, and modslots have some additional traits installed automatically, which enhances the way wallcling and minning functions to power up shots, and  shooting-precision, stalagmites for drops, laser-accurate shooting when slidding, a few options for terraforming jump attacks and reloading,

minning included, there should be some spoiling animals and pest on the locations that are destroying or feeding on the fractures

gaining power from > or enemies who latch to these pockets for MP, power of arc electricity such as Volt and regeneration spawn point for infernal creatures made of eidolon powers, the areas could contain more resources and crystalized fields with abundant drops that are CALCIFIED and terrorized to players, but in reality the monsters are just doing their job crafting and repairing landslots and building safer havens and gorgons, beholders, eyes to deceive the infesteded and patrolmen in caves or miners, doesnt mean rushing in for the kill, just tricks, i.d tags, and monsters.

true that maybe atlas and his golems should have some way to use the resources changing their physical and weapons based on the items and pickups is quick way to think of mercury amalgamations but its different in other planets to have procs and different rewards appear for the golems fighting to experience more realism, the walls and surfaces blow up and leave behind dust and ash, unless they are explosions in the ferrite alloys, can see basic shockwaves concentrates and some new sounds added, 

minimap and resources awakening or glowing more to all warframes in the future, titan, atlas gara can crystalise or further their weapons and armors, regenerating hp, different uses for abilities near mining and waterfishing, archwing, and tools also.

On 2019-11-18 at 11:13 PM, Avienas said:

K first of all, this is just basically ham-fisting a pseudo-Ivara GIMMICK for a super specific niche thing. By your logic, plenty of warframes should get extremely pointless passives, sure some of them are kind of pointless because they are old as eef (take loki`s extra wall clinging as a prime example, plus another one, being like how one of Vauban`s old passives was just terrible, getting extra armor just by having allies nearby which translated to trash for survivability purposes).

Plus the issue is not the frame, its the drill design on how one makes use of it, With PC you can resolve it by setting a special hotkey to a specific slot so you can quick pull out the drill, but if i recall, one of D.E.`s latest improvements were to allow you to go to melee without losing your drill/fishing rod by being able to aim to return to gun mode, aka using that tool again. Shame they cant make use of the archgun launcher active item as a new base to redesign how fishing rods and mining lasers are used, so they simply replace your guns till you `swap` with the gun switch button, to prevent small annoyances.

It would make more sense, to just include another widget known as `Passive search`, where one can toggle it on so regardless if you have the drill out or not, you will be able to have the mining location scanner visible still. Granted, i would like the same features for animal tracking so i don`t need to keep the hunting rifle out to see scat spots, that way i can get in my archwing, fly to the spot and not need to waypoint the thing to memorize the location every time i want to track an animal.

And trust me...We do not need a fudging stupid gimmick nichie things on warframes.~ Because when i mean by GIMMICK, i mean things similar to the joke mods we can get in ESO, which serve no purpose except for a few lols, despite it being rather detrimental to you builds to add those extra luls. Vauban being a good example where D.E. thought it would be a good idea to give us a speed pad. Honestly, it should of been a Kinetic field which would force projectiles shot towards it to do a flipper and change directions to where the thing is going, while also accelerating yours or ally projectile fire as long as your firing towards the proper momentum bit, while also doubling as a bounce grenade so if enemies get near the shield, they get YEET`d like they do with the acceleration pad, oh plus accelerating the shots could maybe do something more then boost projectile flight speed like maybe up the damage or greatly negate any falloff it would have.

Granted i am getting off topic a tad maybe, but for cripes sake Even if it served as a double passive, its still a absurdly useless gimmick where i would likely use Ivara or Loki instead, since i could basically mine in peace with Ivara's prowl, combined with the silent widget, lets me not break stealth and i can make use of dash wires to get to annoying to reach spots, especially on orb vallis mining.

yeah archwing could use some accurate featuares for openworld, they just leave realistic roaming and new players behind, although they are fun, the dont add to  resource extraction or combat boosting feature which might trigger a rocket or melee feature to use dropkicks, the enemies have a few, we don't , and the heavy guns are locked behind a expensive ritual / leveling-process, i have bought HYLDREN and aquired the gravymag, but still need to get rank5 in fortuna, alot is locked behind MSQ/STORY, hopefully the new update with the orbiter has some additions to the orbiter components, railjack is around the cornier.

Archwing also needs secondary weapons and overshields refinements to the leveling system and mods, i would like to see some of these things added to crafting foundry and minning, pvp, and mission rewards so 

new armaments, mining in space, boulders.

one good set of improvements for atlas rumblers (golems) is that they gain powers based on their team mates and enemies defeated/pickups/resources, or planet, so that if you have frost in ur team they come caked with snow or ice for protection and attacks, they are enfeebled with procs and defensive bonuses or coatings, where this can be fitted with minninng and the passive trait is beyond me, because i dont play Atlas, there should be a though as to give atlas its own set of thrusters or wheels which are authectic as a teleport, with teleportating comes the thought of energy, and visuals, and archwing modyfications, so its good to maybe also atlas can have a way to mine without the lasers using the laser would yield other results, while fighting near the scars / thermal fracture, resources-field should affect abilities and passive traits, as well as the drops and procs, wielding atlas per planet would yield (until they add minning areas and fishing to other planets / ships) special rewards.

One particular idea is to allow titan to infect defeated enemies by calficying them and further  use the corpses for defending, gp/gp, hp/mp the bones are still useful for golems to at least recupe, weapons are on the floor to use up briefly, god know how nekros acomplishes all of this S#&$, my cats being annointed with bullS#&$ i think its over, he kept screaming , anyways maybe a good thing for atlas to have another NEW trait, not to replace but ANOTHER TRAIT which he can use to encrust KUBROWS and teammates, so there is more varitety rubedo can be used in the fields, as well as the ferrite and resources / picked up sodacan, MOXIE is okay, hey titan can toss a bomb at a fract minning spot which creates a safety field to stop invaders and scavengers, am not sure if other players can see the same minning spots/plots probably arent shared, and if there are any hidden spots to aggregate to the minning game, there should be some meteorites and S#&$ from space which falls into the plains of cetus with new enemies, and resources types which feed the day/night cycle realistically meteorites and the nitrogen cycle are continuosly forming life for earth; i dont see why these things can't be added to the plains later, but they should make minning more awesoome that spots players from mowing trees, they get shocked if they hit a computer or a minning spot explodes if shoot at like those flamethrower / gas leakks in space, there are no explosives or robots near the plains, so its REALLY BORING / LACK OF DESTRUCTION / INTERACTIVE CONTENT MUST BE ADDED , especially to water areas and caverns, computers, and ships. fortuna has alot.

Edited by SnakeBadger

1 hour ago, SnakeBadger said:

yeah archwing could use some accurate featuares for openworld, they just leave realistic roaming and new players behind, although they are fun, the dont add to  resource extraction or combat boosting feature which might trigger a rocket or melee feature to use dropkicks, the enemies have a few, we don't , and the heavy guns are locked behind a expensive ritual / leveling-process, i have bought HYLDREN and aquired the gravymag, but still need to get rank5 in fortuna, alot is locked behind MSQ/STORY, hopefully the new update with the orbiter has some additions to the orbiter components, railjack is around the cornier.

Archwing also needs secondary weapons and overshields refinements to the leveling system and mods, i would like to see some of these things added to crafting foundry and minning, pvp, and mission rewards so 

new armaments, mining in space, boulders.

Kind of a mis-reply there a tad but just to point a few things.

• Main few issues i see with Archwings in general is needing a much more smoother movement (anyone remember how they said they were gonna remove TOGGLE movement and probably replace it with a sneak mode?), since i certainly would rather having a easier `jet mode` for high speed movement while not having the `hover mode` feel a little bleh on ends. Granted i also wish we could use archguns and also not unequip hunting rifles and fishing spears, whenever we go into archwing mode, which they fixed melee messing up those recently, but still it be nice to be in archwing mode while retaining the `scat location tracker icons
  • Rail-jack is going to come in several sections, first bit entails building the dry dock in your clan dojos, which if the achievements leaked on steam are any indication, that might be coming kind of soon-ish at the very least.
  • Archwings dont need a secondary weapon, they need some better stat buffing and balancing. Most archwing-based missions rarely need you to have a complex loadout and they would have one hassle-fest and people would be salty having to chase a huge number of new archwing mods just because we suddenly got a secondary for archwings. Its quite literally the Vooben speed pad meme, sounds neat, but utterly garbage when you think about it.
  • Screw pvp, D.E. should not waste resources on it.
  • Railjack is going to have a sort of passive mining device while you go thru space, where it seems to basically just require a player to open up the `extractors` to claim the resources made it seems.
Edited by Avienas

7 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Archwings dont need a secondary weapon, they need some better stat buffing and balancing. Most archwing-based missions rarely need you to have a complex loadout and they would have one hassle-fest and people would be salty having to chase a huge number of new archwing mods just because we suddenly got a secondary for archwings. Its quite literally the Vooben speed pad meme, sounds neat, but utterly garbage when you think about it.

boo, i can see why switching weapons and modes is annoying, but there is a lack of guidance and features in archwing to be less hated upon, and called up for reaplyability, alot of players also complain that they dont have the launcher and dont know how to, it sucks to explain it everytime, about the secondary weapon idea, idk, i though it would have been cool to atleast carry multiple weapons which can become damaged or need repairing to give a slight realistic feel, they can get bent and break if the enemies are heavy in armor, only aetheric shield and warframe abiliteis substain them, while in the open plains u cant do S#&$ other than call up regular arsenal weapons, so at least let us carry more sets of ordnary weapons in openworld_set the wheel to allow further primaryweapons and grenades, nobody know hos to use all the game features usually, they just shoot at things. 

Honestly i dont see the problem with speedpad, or know about the meme, but it could deal damage or trigger some response in vauban if the enemies use the pad to regerate a field or something more useful, i currently like using the pads of speed and rollers, but the charge up mechanic its pathetic and lacking satisfaction / rewards, vauban is a great gymnast but lacks some original melee modes or stances, if u ask me i think maybe a few original weapons and blueprints to keep basic weapons feeling aughmented under the atlas and vauban warframes, as we swtich abilities or stand ther, collectable items can also be good to cliump up for one attack with mag or a extra shield/explosion but thats just obvious- back to archwing and memes talk, minning with vauban and fishing improv.

stupid ideas - for the plains is to get more robots instead of meaty enemies, there should also be some resource based enemies which appear at day and night across the water and caves, who fight and distract the grineer, there is wildlife, but no further traps or accesories to keep players from using archwing and vehicules, you will need to allow for zaw components and mods to drop, and also other veiled items to unmask without equiping them this way the players get excited about the arsenal and at least some temporary features for movemnt and rain meteorites can fall with new types of enemies and infectations, ghouls would take over some post and cooperate with the grineer  to fend off space enemies or corpus realistically corpus will drop ships and technology, harvesters and drills to take over, blends of technology and weapons blueprints are born in the efforts of the open world the city of cetus will need other NPC and shops, music, and lighting / festivities, and accomodations, orbiter gets no rewards or credits, bounties have a need for subculture,

On 2019-11-18 at 5:32 PM, tekmansam said:

i can see it working out, where if atlas has energy he can get a free melee boost near structures and minning points to further enhance abilities and attacks, but this would have to be added to the mod-slots as well as each mission / planet to make any sense in each environment that features hot, cold, lava, poison to make atlas skin and rumblers react to, while each team mate also adds a spicy, magic, and attenuations where atlas drops a boulder or rumbler anticipating the structure as a technolgeological adcancement which makes minning and fishing more interesting, shows minimap data, and rare drops or features to customize atlas, mods, rivens, aughments, and fossils for specters and market / trade which atlas can focus on selling crafted from the minned assets, special weapons and such as SPECIAL ZAWS and special parts for kitguns which only are crafted through the hand of atlas, in the future, this means each warframe can build special weapons for archwing and mods based on rank, and items such as elemental bullets, and NEW kitgun components, skateboards, glyphs, and so -on.

On 2019-11-18 at 10:14 PM, tekmansam said:

Fine then, give him an increased chance of rare gems or something.

i would suspect something like a large golem which we can weild or become a large creature with robotic weight and features, this can be random or made to be mroe accurate depending on customization of cost items, gemstones, and other items until the player gains a reputable rank or finds a catalyst, until then this can mean that the golems get enhanced per zone, encasing fallen team mates and reviving from farther away will require alot of patching for other warframes, inaros lack luster revive mechanic is too slow and grants no further powers, and trinity should further have additional pets or weapons, and single player passive, it rea;;y sucks add some vmore vampire features to flying, and jumping immortality, wall-latch features, and other wise, atlas also can walllatch but does not form any chemical or magical tricks without mods, so maybe the minning points can cause te-thering, or can be wall-latched for temporary bullets and gun enhancements, whil;e the tether enhances melee and reload, wall latch furthers energy to enfeeble earthquakes and summoning a magnetic or rival field which deflect bullets and hardabs, slam attack potency animations, and rare gymstones.volcanoes errupting, and passive birds. 

something like if ur minning the golems get a reinburstment, this way u can stay minning while the golems do all the fighting and protection alot more than a player who gets interrupted while hacking or one who is K.O 

14 hours ago, SnakeBadger said:

boo, i can see why switching weapons and modes is annoying, but there is a lack of guidance and features in archwing to be less hated upon, and called up for reaplyability, alot of players also complain that they dont have the launcher and dont know how to, it sucks to explain it everytime, about the secondary weapon idea, idk, i though it would have been cool to atleast carry multiple weapons which can become damaged or need repairing to give a slight realistic feel, they can get bent and break if the enemies are heavy in armor, only aetheric shield and warframe abiliteis substain them, while in the open plains u cant do S#&$ other than call up regular arsenal weapons, so at least let us carry more sets of ordnary weapons in openworld_set the wheel to allow further primaryweapons and grenades, nobody know hos to use all the game features usually, they just shoot at things. 

If we had a durability system, People would fking leave in storms. If D.E. cant properly keep all the other systems have proper explanations AND keep into streamline designs to minimize frustrations and maximize fun, then they already failed at proper game design made to cater to newer players and even while screwing more expert players, which even expert players rather not want poorly designed DnD-like systems on a game where your a mobile space ninja, not some tactical lord of pwn`age. 

Which again, no one enjoys having to be forced to deal with durability systems, whether its reducing the stats as the durability gets lower or having to be forced to replace weapons completely which need i remind you how fking annoying it is to grind a single weapon in this game due to the foundry crafting time and all the forma you need to invest in the thing? Especially if the game systems is going to have you be constantly killing maximum durability to RISK a low odds to slightly improve the stats of the weapon Refer to a game called VINDICTUS for a good example, which can ultimately result in things like absurdly chunky gold costs to repair the equipment almost every mission or every 3 of them, Even worst if said durability system degrades IN-MISSION, which basically means its going to ruin doing long-term runs cause you are forced to exit out to repair if D.E. doesnt decide to mc`guffin in repair stations in the missions or force us to carry around a bunch of repair kits just to fix them every 20 or so minutes, which then begs the question on why the fk to have the durability system in the first place? Your basically throttling the game to be slowed down and ruining the fun factor to begin with.

Honestly i dont see the problem with speedpad, or know about the meme, but it could deal damage or trigger some response in vauban if the enemies use the pad to regerate a field or something more useful, i currently like using the pads of speed and rollers, but the charge up mechanic its pathetic and lacking satisfaction / rewards, vauban is a great gymnast but lacks some original melee modes or stances, if u ask me i think maybe a few original weapons and blueprints to keep basic weapons feeling aughmented under the atlas and vauban warframes, as we swtich abilities or stand ther, collectable items can also be good to cliump up for one attack with mag or a extra shield/explosion but thats just obvious- back to archwing and memes talk, minning with vauban and fishing improv.

The point is the speed pad is a fking joke ability even if its packaged with 3 others on one ability slot(which flechette is also useless and Tether is limited to 2 enemies only, meaning why would you use it over Bastille & Vortex?) and constantly relying on a warframe to get a EXALTED weapon/active-state is honestly a cop-out method to make a frame seem op, buy can basically result in the excuse of everything else on the warframe is MEH because it has those exalted functions. If you were to take away Mesa`s Peace makers, Excalibur`s Exalted blade, Valkyr`s Claws, etc. you basically end up with a warframe not having much else going for it, Without those exalted weapons, the reason to even use them have basically, completely died off, with not much else that they can do that other warframes could likely do much better.

P.S. i do not consider `signature weapons` to be an excuse to dic-tate a warframe being poorly designed. Though i had fun on weapons like Garuda`s Crossbow and Hildyrn`s Larkspur. I can easily use them with any other warframe and the former i stopped using because CORN-ith & OPTICOR vandal exists, which pretty much cover my needs when i need on handling enemies in the higher level content area or when i need to clear a large area of mobs. With the arch-gun i have a Imperator Vandal which sometimes i prefer for more simple content when i just want to be a TF2 heavy and using my absurd bullet count to rip thru enemies, likely procing status chances more and not have half the weapon`s function able to kill me, if i were to get the silly idea to fire that self damage orb in a map like Hydron.

Plus let me refer to you a video on a certain Vauban `main` who certainly does rather nice explanations when going over things: 

Edited by Avienas