Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Dojo Rooms Update?

EctoSage

I put this in general since its not directly feed back as much as a question.

When can we expect to see new style versions of the few remaining old versions of Dojo rooms?

Currently these old rooms don't fit in with the new ones at all, largely because of their doors, and my clan leadership actually refuses to build elevators till we get a new version. The thinking behind this is that they fear we would have to destroy everything on the other end of the elevator to update it to a new version once one is released.

I can confirm that when an elevator is added on to the new tileset, the doors do not align. It is the same with other rooms that have not received the new visual overhaul, including research rooms. This is purely an aesthetic issue, but then, who wants big oblong holes in their dojo's walls and screwy doors?

My clan is also waiting on an update to the elevators, as well as other rooms (specifically, research rooms, the Oracle, and sparring room).

As the OP mentioned, a lot of clans, including mine, are waiting until there is an update because we don't want to take the risk that we'll have to destroy an entire level simply to update a single elevator to the new tileset (the logic being that updating the Clan Hall required a TOTAL dojo deconstruction).

We are just waiting for DE to acknowledge this issue and give us a timeframe as to when the old dojo tilesets will be updated. So... keep bugging them, friends :P

Edited by Cryocytota

I can confirm that when an elevator is added on to the new tileset, the doors do not align. It is the same with other rooms that have not received the new visual overhaul, including research rooms. This is purely an aesthetic issue, but then, who wants big oblong holes in their dojo's walls and screwy doors?

My clan is also waiting on an update to the elevators, as well as other rooms (specifically, research rooms, the Oracle, and sparring room).

As the OP mentioned, a lot of clans, including mine, are waiting until there is an update because we don't want to take the risk that we'll have to destroy an entire level simply to update a single elevator to the new tileset (the logic being that updating the Clan Hall required a TOTAL dojo deconstruction).

We are just waiting for DE to acknowledge this issue and give us a timeframe as to when the old dojo tilesets will be updated. So... keep bugging them, friends :P

I'm really surprised they haven't said anything on this subject since they originally released the new Dojo style. Considering how long it is taking, I'm going to assume that they are going to add a switch button, to switch dead end rooms to the new style upon their release. . . Otherwise, why the hell wouldn't they have at least patched the doors themselves in a hotfix shortly after release. (Then again, me making an assumption isn't going to change my Clan leaders mind about waiting, nor should it change anyone else just encase I am wrong... Which seeing how DE did the last Style update, and haven't said a damn thing, my above logic is probably wrong, & they will probably just make us suffer through re-making rooms again, and waiting hours/days to have all of our stuff actually look good.)

I was away for about 1 month due to Rome 2 total war released and now I am back but I notice all room that I am going to build not look like the old one that we already built before. I clan mates want new rooms but I am a little confuse after seeing how the new reactor look like. I am not sure the old building plan work anymore due to the change of space required.

Can anyone help me?

This was our building plan before I took the temporary leave. We've already finished the first floor and about 1/2 the second floor. I am starting to place the new part which clearly look smaller than the old one in map and they are strange too

wHGDCS5.png

9obwOUn.png

Edited by UberBlatt

^ Wow, nice layout!

DE should at least give the option to switch between styles, because man... it would be a shame to have to rebuild that. It looks awesome (I love symmetry). I'm sure a lot of other people have already created some tremendous layouts but had to halt construction because some new pieces didn't fit the old tileset/aesthetics.

We don't know for sure the new elevators will be updated like the dueling rooms were, we might have to destroy the old elevator to put a new one in it's place (which requires destroying the entire floor the elevator leads to), why my clan's dojo is currently half it's proper later design, I designed it especially to be easy to convert into the intended later layout with elevators, I won't built any until they're updated.

Edited by KriLL3

• 2 weeks later...

I like your layout a lot. If it were me I'd swap the Bio Lab for the Oracle, though. As for your actual problem, i have no idea if the new reactor size will interfere with your layout.. I wouldn't think so, though.

EDIT: Oh and, by the way.. Did you use some kind of special unofficial dojo planning software to do that? Or no?

Edited by Josh131313

Bumping.

I'm finally in the process of updating my clans Dojo and really want to throw all the reactors in a basement level to get them out of the way, but I fear using the old style elevator and having a door that sticks out a like a sore thumb.

If I go ahead and put all my reactors in the basement, it'll be one hell of a pain in the &#! to build reactors elsewhere just so I can destroy the basement reactors to destroy the old style elevator and start over.

It's been over 2 months since 9.5 that brought the Dojo visual overhaul and grid system... Could really use some updates from DE about this.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to create a new thread on this, but decided it might be better just to "nekro" this one ;)

So the issue is still the same: Our clan has been patiently waiting for the elevators getting their makeover, as this is the only reason holding us back from upgrading our old dojo with the new tileset. If DE could please at least tell us it's either coming soon or new elevators will be the same as the old version i.e. we won't have to destroy a whole level, that'd be great.

I've been wondering this also. I don't have any clipping simply because I never destroyed any of the old rooms and my two elevators connect onto old tiles.

It would be nice to fix it up, but my reactors ARE all in the basement...

The PS4 launch has already happened, so...  Nope!  We'll have to hope for Update 11.  Hopefully adding dojo changes in the form of trading has given impetus to maybe update the still-old rooms.  I would love to get to fleshing out the rest of my dojo and getting all the reactors into the basement and out of the way of everything else!

Since you get full re-funds on rooms and decorations now and the new dueling rooms replaced the old ones twice now I decided to stop waiting.

Are you saying refunds are given upon room destruction every time?! If so, we could just upgrade the dojo now (except the elevators of course), and then redo it once the new tile set is complete, with the only cost being the waiting time?

Someone confirm this please, as well as someone from DE as to whether it will stay like this.

Edited by xxx7

Are you saying refunds are given upon room destruction every time?! If so, we could just upgrade the dojo now (except the elevators of course), and then redo it once the new tile set is complete, with the only cost being the waiting time?

Someone confirm this please, as well as someone from DE as to whether it will stay like this.

Yeah, my clan has had to remove quite a few rooms now.  All of the materials go into the clan "vault", so anyone with the treasurer rank/allowance, will use those resources before their own.

Can confirm this. I've been dismantling any non-essential rooms recently, having had to build some reactors to have enough energy capacity to move tiles around to make dismantling as fast as possible when the time comes. I always checked the forma count in the vault after each room destruction via an unbuilt dummy-room, and it checks out. Right now you always get all of your resources back when you destroy a room, all but your time of course.

Yeah, my clan has had to remove quite a few rooms now.  All of the materials go into the clan "vault", so anyone with the treasurer rank/allowance, will use those resources before their own.

Can confirm this. I've been dismantling any non-essential rooms recently, having had to build some reactors to have enough energy capacity to move tiles around to make dismantling as fast as possible when the time comes. I always checked the forma count in the vault after each room destruction via an unbuilt dummy-room, and it checks out. Right now you always get all of your resources back when you destroy a room, all but your time of course.

Thanks guys!

Nice work, everyone. The information in this thread flows as clear as a mountain spring!

Now that the Oracle, research rooms, generators, and duel rooms have received their very nice visual overhauls, all that remains are those pesky COMPLETELY-INTREGAL-TO-THE-DESIGN-OF-OUR-DOJO elevators :P

Edited by Cryocytota

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to link two 4 door-crossing with two elevators on each side, so you have always a free one if there are some people in the dojo.

Bug/Problem that occurs:

I builded both elevators. One works. The other one bugged. You can lift up to the upper floor but when youre there the door is red and stays closed. So im standing on the upper floor at a blind end. Downfloor is open.

Just random bugg or always?

Pls Help!

Thx!