Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hold melee dumps combo counter on e mash

Arcane_Hellslayer

• 2 weeks later...

cry from the heart

I write again and again and nothing. DE how long will my combo counter be reset from quick presses of E? Unable to play with Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds.
Tell me something about this, or can I already delete and forget the game? Many people encounter a similar problem and we’ve been furious for a long time after updating a heavy attack. My nerves are already bleeding and I'm tired of shooting

I don't have any issue like this. I can mash E as long as I want, it will only do heavy attack if I hold it longer than average.

I get to 12x combo and stay at it unless I specifically want to heavy attack.

I'm not against the idea of adding a toggle, I just wanted to say that not everyone is concerned.

4 hours ago, DeathCoreLeo said:

@Isokaze_BestKaze what weapons and stance do you use?

Let's see...

From the melee weapons I use the most lately :

Ninkondi Prime, Nikana Dragon (with Blind Justice), Silva&Aegis Prime (with Final Harbinger), Gram Prime (with both stance), Redeemer Prime (with Bullet Dance, tho I use a heavy attack build anyway), Hate, Lesion and Destreza Prime.

Not considering the heavy attack build I have on some weapons, I mostly spam E forever with the different combos on all of these weapons. I just never trigger a heavy attack by accident. And most got either a riven with attack speed, Berserk or Primed Fury.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

Isokaze_BestKaze I think the matter is the speed of pressing, you do it more slowly and carefully - I personally used to do it as quickly as I can.
Let's say the problem is this. But this should not negatively affect my attacks. Should I restrain myself in pressing? This is nonsense. They need to solve this problem in the first order, for at the moment, I can’t play with melee weapons. and most importantly I'm not the only one.

and try 2 hours to press E - sooner or later you will get tired and start to clamp E involuntarily

• Like 2

On 2019-12-02 at 1:18 AM, DeathCoreLeo said:

Isokaze_BestKaze I think the matter is the speed of pressing, you do it more slowly and carefully - I personally used to do it as quickly as I can.
Let's say the problem is this. But this should not negatively affect my attacks. Should I restrain myself in pressing? This is nonsense. They need to solve this problem in the first order, for at the moment, I can’t play with melee weapons. and most importantly I'm not the only one.

and try 2 hours to press E - sooner or later you will get tired and start to clamp E involuntarily

I have mine bound to scroll wheel, with downside being an additional weapon swing sometimes when unneeded. might that work for you as a temporary fix?

Edited by Reaper76OTP

I've had this issue at times as well, and it gets worse the faster your attack speed gets. Really need to have an option to toggle "Hold melee for heavy attack" off. For now... Sword and shield doesn't have this issue, but that's hardly a solution, just a work-around.

Also gonna sneak in a mention related to melee options: They really need to make it so you can use the fire button for melee when you have melee EQUIPPED, even if you have the option "use fire input to melee" turned off.

This is still a prevalent issue that I run into in every mission. Melee use seems very discouraging to me right now due to the fear of losing your combo counter without intention. Problem does not seem related to client/host, as it will happen in either cases. As others have pointed out, it seems to be tied to FPS. Oddly enough, for me the attack speed does not seem to matter since a light touch of the E key will still result in a heavy attack going off randomly, with or without attack speed mods, either during mashing or normal use.

Since the patch with the reverted changes, I have to be on alert at all times to cancel my unwanted Heavy Attacks. Other times when I genuinely want to use HA's it will simply decide not to do anything and just freeze while looking at enemies. Basically, heavy attacks are just a random thing you can't control.

As a side note, while Wukong IS able to HA with his exalted weapon, it never happens during mashing because for some reason this "fix" was never applied to him - holding E simply does not work.

• Like 1