Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forget "raising The Dead". Recycle! (Thoughts After Using Nekros)

smithf

Disclaimer: discuss for fun. not a feedback/suggestion (or it won't be in this forum). Just general stuff for discussion

I admit that I used to think the Desecrate is a bad idea. sounds useless.

But after I experience it first hand, at some point, I realised that I am using it the most, sometimes to the exclusion of all other Nekros powers.

In my hands, Nekros isn't the necromancer or master of dead. He is the Recycle-Man. He will recycle trash with a sweep of his arm (well.. enemy corpses) whenever there is opportunity, which effectively increases the drop-rewards without killing more enemies. Also, the health orbs produced makes him the band-aid salesman, except he throws it around for free. On easier planets, I usually end missions without using any of the other powers, without consciously doing so. (side habit of leveling weapons on maxed frames for a long time). Throw in a Carrier sentinel that vacuums things up, he seems like he is taking up a cleaner role as well.

When I realized this, I begin to harbor funny thoughts on what Recycle-themed name we could have given him instead...

With all the objection and complaints towards Desecrate, I actually get attached to it now.. (casting Desecrate has become almost habitual). It was unthinkable, but I think i may now move to the group protecting Desecrate if there is a poll to ask for it to be changed/removed...

from a recycle-convert.

Just to add on to this old topic, ... (sort of Nekro it in a way....)

I suddenly realised that the effects of Desecrate is more than what I thought. Desecrate isn't just a "useful ability" of Nekros. It defines the latter.

It is this ability's fault that I realised that I chased after corpses before they disintegrate. I am filled with an inexplicable morbid joy whenever I see lots of corpses in a bunch, and the insuppressible urge to dive right into the thick of it, or at least in range of it, and wave my arms to recycle it... multiple times if I must (damn non-100% recycle chance!!! LOL)

Sure. Nekro's other powers may be more powerful. 

but

Desecrate - Makes - Nekro

I have to admit i'm starting to grow fond of it, but what kills it is if you are in a team with a Nova or a person using acrid...well you are screwed. Acrid and Nova's MP instantly obliterate the enemy leaving no body behind. This means no body to desecrate, and try joining a party without a Nova and someone using Acrid.  The animation team needs to create new death animation that last longer giving you time to desecrate before they vanish.

I use it all the time. Even on my own "raised" minions. I like the fact that desecrate also produces mods sometimes to. Once I got a double mod drop from one enemy. He hit the ground dead popped out a mod, desecrated him and another mod came out.

What I want to know is. Can the same mob killed, be simultaneously desecrated by two nekros? I think I may have witnessed it in my game last night, but I wasn't too sure if that's in fact what happened.

Only issue I have with desecrate is there's a small waiting time to do it, and that it does not work (for me anyways) on enemies that vaporize instantly. Other then that I love the power. Also once we have more intelligent AI, raise the dead will be a really good power to use.

He's an inferior nyx and trinity combo. He can heal people, give them more energy, and make the enemy fight against each other.

Trinity is better for support because she can give pure invincibility and she can heal everyone anywhere. Nyx is better for making them fight because Chaos is vastly superior in many aspects (all enemies are afflicted, all enemies are stunned temporarily, you don't have to kill to raise an army, etc).

He's an inferior nyx and trinity combo. He can heal people, give them more energy, and make the enemy fight against each other.

Trinity is better for support because she can give pure invincibility and she can heal everyone anywhere. Nyx is better for making them fight because Chaos is vastly superior in many aspects (all enemies are afflicted, all enemies are stunned temporarily, you don't have to kill to raise an army, etc).

Except with Nyx

1. takes to long for them to kill each other

2. when Nekros summons them They kill other enemies and then die when time is up instead of regain control and shoot at you...

3. when Nekros summons them They actively seek the nearest enemy(enemies within a certain distance that is) and destroy them.

And with Trinity...

1. To slow

2. Ugly to look at

3. Trinity is ugly versus Nekros the First hero character that for once actually looks cooler then all the villains in the game combined... (very RARE occurrence)

4. Aint no one got time to figure out how the hell Trinity works

5. Not everyone plays T3 defense, or fight bosses shes far too limited use, and everyone dies easily leaving energy completely wasted by her.

6. Uglier then Nova

7. Did I mention she is UGLY TO LOOK UPON!!!

Edited by Arlayn

Except with Nyx

1. takes to long for them to kill each other

2. They kill other enemies and then die when time is up instead of regain control and shoot at you...

3. They actively seek the nearest enemy(enemies within a certain distance that is) and destroy them.

And with Trinity...

1. To slow

2. Ugly to look at

3. Trinity is ugly versus Nekros the First hero character that for once actually looks cooler then all the villains in the game combined... (very RARE occurrence)

4. Aint no one got time to figure out how the hell Trinity works

5. Not everyone plays T3 defense, or fight bosses shes far too limited use, and everyone dies easily leaving energy completely wasted by her.

6. Uglier then Nova

7. Did I mention she is UGLY TO LOOK UPON!!!

Nyx's chaos has more benefits though, including:

When they fight against each other, it drops all enemies' health. With Nekros, you have to drop some of them dead in the first place.

You can just instantly recast chaos the moment it wears out, but with nekros you have to actively seek and kill more enemies and do a long cast

Chaos is a very fast cast and they all get stunned before fighting each other, whereas nekros' ult is very slow at casting and is unable to save him or the cryopod in emergencies.

Chaos doesn't care how many enemies there are; all of them fight each other, whereas Nekros' minions can get outgunned and killed.

It's not about how much damage these abilities do, it's about how effective they are at buying you time. Chaos can buy you a lot of time, immediately, and without prep. Nekros' can buy limited time but it needs kills and a long cast time.

As for Trinity, she is an amazing frame. Instead of Nekros' lame health orbs which you have to seek and pick up, Trinity can give everyone full shield, full health, and invincibility for 18 seconds. That's pretty darn good, you know. As for energy, she can just cast well of life and energy vampire on a target, giving everyone in the area +100 energy without forcing them to pick up any energy orb. 

Nyx's chaos has more benefits though, including:

When they fight against each other, it drops all enemies' health. With Nekros, you have to drop some of them dead in the first place.

You can just instantly recast chaos the moment it wears out, but with nekros you have to actively seek and kill more enemies and do a long cast

Chaos is a very fast cast and they all get stunned before fighting each other, whereas nekros' ult is very slow at casting and is unable to save him or the cryopod in emergencies.

Chaos doesn't care how many enemies there are; all of them fight each other, whereas Nekros' minions can get outgunned and killed.

It's not about how much damage these abilities do, it's about how effective they are at buying you time. Chaos can buy you a lot of time, immediately, and without prep. Nekros' can buy limited time but it needs kills and a long cast time.

As for Trinity, she is an amazing frame. Instead of Nekros' lame health orbs which you have to seek and pick up, Trinity can give everyone full shield, full health, and invincibility for 18 seconds. That's pretty darn good, you know. As for energy, she can just cast well of life and energy vampire on a target, giving everyone in the area +100 energy without forcing them to pick up any energy orb. 

1. I can use Focus to increase the damage of the summoned

2. Trinity is just too damn hard to use... Just easier to use Nekros... No one wants to keep running in and kill bosses, especially ones with absolutely no reason to fight in the first place. If your going to fight Sargus Ruk bring an Acird. Why bring Trinity? absolutely pointless. Just about every weapon in the game flat out owns everything. She so far is only useful against the strongest boss in the game... Lephantis.

How to use trinity:

Easy version:

1. Press 4

2. ???

3. Everyone's invincible!!!

Medium version:

1. Press 4

2. Press 3

3. ???

4. Everyone's invincible, and you're reflecting all the damage on your enemies!!!

Difficult version:

1. Press 4

2. Press 3

3. Keep shooting the ground with your ogris, and have your teammate spray you with Torid

4. ???

5. Everyone's invincible, and you're doing more damage than World on fire!!!

How to use trinity:

Easy version:

1. Press 4

2. ???

3. Everyone's invincible!!!

Medium version:

1. Press 4

2. Press 3

3. ???

4. Everyone's invincible, and you're reflecting all the damage on your enemies!!!

Difficult version:

1. Press 4

2. Press 3

3. Keep shooting the ground with your ogris, and have your teammate spray you with Torid

4. ???

5. Everyone's invincible, and you're doing more damage than World on fire!!!

my ogris kills me to often

its like rabid dog

sometimes I release the rocket and that's when my 4 ends = dead trin

Trinity's hard to use? Are you insane? Press 2 on an enemy. Tell everyone to stop shooting it. If they do so anyway, give it x10 the health with Well of Life and wait for it to give you all free energy. Then cast Blessing repeatedly.

If you need energy for Blessing, use Energy Vampire. Cast Blessing. Repeat.

Trinity's hard to use? Are you insane? Press 2 on an enemy. Tell everyone to stop shooting it. If they do so anyway, give it x10 the health with Well of Life and wait for it to give you all free energy. Then cast Blessing repeatedly.

If you need energy for Blessing, use Energy Vampire. Cast Blessing. Repeat.

Exactly, Trinity can sustain itself and the team far better than Nekros. She's much easier to use and much more versatile.

Trinity still the best support frame. Although Nekros can give energy, but 25 energy per corpse still less than maximum energy from an enemy.
Not forget the blessing which my friend always cast all the time(Her primary is trin).

But nekros' desecrate good when it comes to give resource and mods.  

well, we are moving a little from the topic, but might as well... :)

My own opinion (from experience).

Nekros isn't a healer. He is a band-aid salesman who drops his goods on the floor and people still have to pick then up (unless you have a carrier, you lazy bums :) ) Trinity is THE healer. The health drops is ok to keep up the health when things are not that frenzy, but in the thick of things, only Trinity can heal when it is most needed. At least that is how I feel from my exp (though things get "balanced" so much that I may have lost touch of certain frames).

Nekros is a controller. So is Nyx. And I can't really say which is better as they both seems good at some point. I like Nyx's Chaos range and ability to engage many targets at once. Nekros's shadows are little more useful (damage wise) per minion, but they sort of fall sort on the numbers, but he makes up with his power 2 which can be VERY useful at critical moments (e.g. during T3 def so that you can revive a team mate and keep enemies away from the target just for a while). Ultimately, controller's task isn't to kill (both of them not very efficient. Nekros being slightly better at killing, though Nyx is better at controlling imo). Want a killer? Nova, whether you hate or love her.

My take on the "minimum skill void defense team" (minimum skill rather than "best" team, as in what frame combination I think will require the least skills to complete void defense missions).

1. Controller: Nekros/Nyx (hell, bring two of of any combination of them)

2. Buff/Offence: Nova. (as long as she is not nerfed yet. MP slowing + extra damage is good even not considering the explosion). Rhino can make a viable substitute with Rage and Stomp too, and hopefully help with revives when in tight spots. But like it or not, MP greatly lowers the skill requirement of the whole team.

3. Defender: Frost/Vauban. Snow Globe and Bastille. Though it is arguable that with strong enough Controllers, Snow Globe can a little less useful than Bastille. The latter can solve the heavy rushes in the late waves.

Reminder: I am not claiming that this is the best team, just the team that is probably easiest to use.

Nekros is a good mix of THINGS. I too remember people complaining about hims pretty adamantly; all of which fell upon death ears as soon as I got to play with one in a survival mission. We had health orbs for days, ammo for days, energy for days... Everything our grubby little Tenno hands could want. Nekros was like some kind of morbid santaclause, pulling wonderful presents from the decaying corpses of our enemies. Then inbetween all of this he still found time to summon a little army of the dead to keep things from getting too crazy. 

Nekros made a 30 minute survival look like a laid-back social event. We drank, we shot grineer, we generally had a good time. 

So no, the people complaining are right that Nekros is not the next Nova or Rhino, but he certainly makes absolutely everything about a hundred times easier.