Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share your RNG horror stories

Salenzar

As the title says, feel free to share any RNG horror stories you might have.

As for me, I currently have 7 Akarius blueprints and have yet to see 1 for Acceltra. And the Khora lottery is also going rather horribly, with me having 5 main blueprints, but no systems. These are the worst ones I can currently think of.

What's your worst tale of misfortune in Warframe? Ever had anything that just made you froth at the mouth and howl at your screen?

This one time at band camp..... wait.... 

I remember one day I realized that somehow I hadn't picked up an Auger Secrets and wanted it for a build and that was a miserable week of farming. Tho in no short part because of the fact that Auger Secrets is locked behind a 6hr+ time gate. so when it rolled around I was forced to drop wahtever I was soing and pound my face against Cetus Bounties until I just wanted to die..... Cause if you didn't get it in that hour long window you where screwed for the next ~6hrs

Super unfun, hate horrible timegates. 

Don't think it would have been nearly as miserable if I could have just farmed it on and off whenever I actually felt like it. 

days of farming a single ephemera from exploiter back when it was 6% to drop one, about 70 runs and I think I went crazy got a shocking step and I was fine even tho I dont look at it because of those runs I wasted

Edited by Lazarow

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Going to 4k hours, still missing Despair

Oof, okay, that's definitely one of the worst ones in here right now. That's pretty crazy. I'm probably close to 900 hours now, and I got Hate just last week, finishing up my Stalker arsenal. Apart from Hate, I think I have 3+ copies of every other blueprint, too.

3 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

36 Radiant Meso A1s. Zero Akjagara Prime Barrel.

On the plus side, on that day I finally learned to stop fighting the RNG once and for all.

That's kinda crazy as well. I thought I had it bad when I needed like 12 Axi A6 to get Atlas neuro 😕

I tried to get Saryn Prime by grinding relics... only got her BP so ended up buying her with plat 3 days ago.
I tried to get Valkyr Prime by gridning relics.. only got her BP so ended up buying her with plat today...
And as a bonus, I didn't get enough parts to build any of the weapons either 😄

But this is very normal rng for me; takes forever to get the thing I want even if it isn't really rare and the stuff I don't care about just drops on my lap with no effort 😄

Should have been here 6 years ago, took 3 months to get all my Rhino BP's.

More recently, was trying to get the last Requiem I needed to have all eight and to be able to take down my second lich... went through 10 radiant relics.

Friend of mine finally got the last Vauban BP he needed after 3 years; then a month later, Nightwave became a thing.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

10 months of daily farming for the vandal blueprints from ESO.

The entire Lich system is one RNG horror story.

Let's see, Trinity sucked since Ambulus is the worst assassination mission. 

Trying to get Atlas prime neuroptics was miserable since getting the relics was just as difficult getting the gold drop.

1 minute ago, --Brandt-- said:

10 months of daily farming for the vandal blueprints from ESO.

The entire Lich system is one RNG horror story.

Let's see, Trinity sucked since Ambulus is the worst assassination mission. 

Trying to get Atlas prime neuroptics was miserable since getting the relics was just as difficult getting the gold drop.

I actually remember the first time I saw Rhino Prime being unvaulted that his systems were locked behind some kind of terrible relic. Fastest way to get it was, iirc, doing void sabotage with a 6% drop chance for the relic alone. To this day I still get queasy whenever I'm doing Marduk because it reminds me of having to farm that relic.