Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share your RNG horror stories

Salenzar

Not my personal experience, but didn't one of the Nyx P relics only drop about 5 relics in a 24 hour run. That being the best method.

One of the miter parts took me several weeks of on/off farming. I'm sure the wiki comments are littered still.

You might not consider it rng, but finding a decent human being willing to sell a riven for an actual reasonable price.

45 minutes ago, Karvanik said:

Being unable to get Hate for 3 years.

5 and a half for me...

Although I should mention that I didn't actively tried farming for it, so I guess it's not actually as bad as it might sound. I do have tons of Dread BPs and 2 Despair I think.

Other than that hard to think of anything that was absolutely terrible to get. Not anything close to some Monster Hunter RNG horrors I still have... Although I guess I haven't really farmed for anything that is super rare "by design" like ephemeras and such.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame said:

5 and a half for me...

Although I should mention that I didn't actively tried farming for it, so I guess it's not actually as bad as it might sound. I do have tons of Dread BPs and 2 Despair I think.

Other than that hard to think of anything that was absolutely terrible to get. Not anything close to some Monster Hunter RNG horrors I still have... Although I guess I haven't really farmed for anything that is super rare "by design" like ephemeras and such.

hate wasnt an issue for me I think i had 7 hate 10 dread atleast before I got War.  

I'm glad that the acquisition of Limbo's parts got changed. It was a pain to get them. We needed a dozen or so excavators per part.

Over the time there were a few mods that always eluded me: Master Thief and Sure Footed dropped eventually. But one I only got through transmutation (multiple times) is Bite. I really doubt that it can drop from Kubrows/Drahks. 😛

Not really horror. I've done many eidolon hunt missions. Currently MR25. Just recently got Fanged Fusillade mods, two of them from the same mission. There's also another similar situation, happened a bit after where I got 4 new (same) mods from one mission (can't remember which mission). I don't care much about these mods tbh. I just think it's super odd that they dropped much later in the game with duplicates.

I've had a smooth ride with RNG so far...except with feckin' Augur mods

Augur Reach

POE drops on console, I see Augur reach and I'm like "this is a nice low cost range mod and it's a silver, should be easy farm"...I grinded bounties for 3 months until I caved in and traded for it, the next 10 bounties I did I got 5 copies 😞

Augur Secrets

I did assassinations with Nekros, nothing. I did T5 bounties religiously whenever it was in the drop pool, nothing. 9 months have passed, I refuse to trade for it, at that point I could be easily exploited into paying a 100p for it. Then one day as I loaded into a pub T5 bounty to grind some standing I join a squad with newbies, I thought very little of that mission then there it was golden with that "new" sticker on it with zero mod points and 9 months of my life. I've never set foot on the plains in the day ever since only stepping out at night to release my pain on Terry,Garry and Harry. I haven't got another one drop to date

1 hour ago, tsoa said:

I'm glad that the acquisition of Limbo's parts got changed. It was a pain to get them. We needed a dozen or so excavators per part.

Over the time there were a few mods that always eluded me: Master Thief and Sure Footed dropped eventually. But one I only got through transmutation (multiple times) is Bite. I really doubt that it can drop from Kubrows/Drahks. 😛

Hey, Bite is actually pretty easy to get from Earth sabotage caches 😉 

Also, I have to say, people share some pretty harrowing stories here. Does at least make me kind of feel better about my own terrible RNG at times 😄 

I can't count time, but the closest estimate is as follows:

1. About 120 tricaps, every other poiny of focus comes from eso, 80% of the time up to rot C.

2. Countless more items leveled and forma'd there.

Still have no clue what fire step or Braton V BP are...

Also, 2 days of infested salvage farm without a single part, broke and bought Nidus.

Also more recient: Fass, sitting at ~10 Netra cause of this.

Uhhh, for me the worst RNG would probably be me atm while trying to farm for a Mag Blueprint. out of the 26 relics I've turned radiant 14 of them have been the common drops only. then I've gotten about 4 boar barrels from it. If I remember that's the uncommon drop. Closest follow up was when I was farming for Kronen prime blades and it took me a year after Zephyr prime's launch to get the last blade I needed. Now that I don't need the blades, I have like 3 of them. I got from cracking in tact relics.

It was around when the arid grineer tileset + phobos was first introduced into the game when I was suffering from a desync issue.  As a client, any loot that I picked up in a mission, to include resources, credits, fusion cores, warframe/weapon blueprints (which still dropped directly from the bosses), would not actually be received after completing the mission.  And as a host, my connection was too unstable and made it extremely laggy for everyone else.  One of the first missions I started noticing this problem on, Stalker spawned in, got killed, and dropped a Despair blueprint, but I didn't get it after the mission completed.  It was 4 years before I saw another despair BP drop.

A friend of mine also had an insanely bad stroke of luck, where it took him like 56 runs to just to get all of regular mag's parts.

1 month turning tyl regor into swiss cheese, can't get that last equinox part. I decided not to desire anything anymore in warframe since desire creates suffering.

Now I just play for fun and magically got all gauss parts in one run. It's the first run when the update drops and no duplicates at all. Straight up chassis, systems and neuroptics in one run

Where do I start?

76 runs for Equinox parts

53 Cetus bounty 5 runs for Revenant Neuroptics

6 hours of Plato crossfire for Vengeful Revenant

500 kavor rescued in 1 mission to get Harrow systems

10 hours of arbitration for Adaptation

370 Tricaps for 2 sets of Arcane Energize

3 weeks of Uranus sabotage farming Manic Bombard for Vermillion Storm.

5 years before I finally got Bite mod in a transmute.

There's probably more that my traumatically scarred brain has blotted out.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy