Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault?

Vyra

I am a bit curious why or what exactly this means in terms of Game Lore?

I mean why exactly are some frames in that "VAULT"???

Further more i am curious what this is supposed to do???
I mean why? some frames are there for years it feels... i see no benefit to this system.. really none?

I mean i need to take another game break for another 2-3 years only to wait for my frame to be there for me to be farmed?
I really do not understand why this is there.. not really for myself since i have the frame so want so fck it...

BUT, i talked people into playing the game and now some of them wanna farm Mirage Prime, only to find out they can not do due to prime vault...
Now they are asking me why this is and if DE has money problems ... and obviously none of them wants to spend another few hundred bugs just for something that is usually free...

They are similar to myself, we spend cash for cosmetics and all that but not for smth that others could just get for free...

I really don't like the Prime Vault idea at all... it disappoints people...

There is no lore tied to it.  Its simply a business thing rather than a lore thing.  For what it's worth, when a frame or weapon gets vaulted, their relics still stay in our inventory, so you could either trade for those parts or relics if you don't have any.  It's not ideal, but its not as bad as it used to be before the vault was opened for the first time.

There is no backing in the Lore for the Prime Vault. It's just one of the many things tied to the mechanics of the game and not so much the story. Devs began to remove some of the older drops from an ever-growing drop table when new Primes were released, and now have a rotation of unvaultings so players who didn't get the Primes of that cycle for whatever reaosn have another chance to do so.

If you want a head-canon though, imagine a faction (or a certain mysterious merchant) stumbled upon a derelict Orokin vessel floating in space, raided its treasure vaults and began selling the looted relics to interested buyers across the Origin system. Let's say this vessel was from an era where a few distinct classes of Warframe were quite popular. The Tenno can take these Relics for themselves by running strike missions on those factions.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Mechanized Mind said:

There is no lore tied to it.  Its simply a business thing rather than a lore thing.  For what it's worth, when a frame or weapon gets vaulted, their relics still stay in our inventory, so you could either trade for those parts or relics if you don't have any.  It's not ideal, but its not as bad as it used to be before the vault was opened for the first time.

As i see it stuff is vaulted for years, this is something really weird to me.
If its a Business Model, does that mean DE has money problems? i mean there is so much stuff you can buy in game, and Merchandise and all that.
Subscription like things such as 30day boosters and all that...
I wonder if it is really necessary to put stuff away for years... 

12 minutes ago, Vyra said:

If its a Business Model, does that mean DE has money problems? i mean there is so much stuff you can buy in game, and Merchandise and all that.

Limited run items usually sell better than stuff that isn't.  People see that somethings back for a limited time they are more likely to buy it so they don't miss out when said item goes away.  So it kinda makes sense, even though all the vaulted stuff could probably be added to the game without actually diluting any drop tables.

Mirage Prime was released in December 2017 alongside her relics. Then Zephyr, Limbo, Chroma, Mesa, Equinox, Wukong, and Atlas in their respective cycles.

Each time a new frame is added, relics for the frame and its weapons are added as well. Most of them require 4 parts per Prime gear, so on average, those are 96 new relics.

Can you imagine the drop table pollution if the relics for Saryn, Vauban, Nekros, Valkyr, Banshee, Oberon, and Hydroid (And their corresponding weapons) had not been removed from the game while introducing those additional 96 new relics?

It's a balancing mechanism.

3 hours ago, Vyra said:

It's not about money issues. It's about the drop tables. If there were no vaultings, the drop tables for relics would get bigger and bigger and bigger, and it would become impossible to get any specific relic because of the hundreds of kinds of relics that can drop. Vaulting the oldest prime whe. They add a new one keeps the drop tables the same size. 

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Mirage Prime was released in December 2017 alongside her relics. Then Zephyr, Limbo, Chroma, Mesa, Equinox, Wukong, and Atlas in their respective cycles.

Each time a new frame is added, relics for the frame and its weapons are added as well. Most of them require 4 parts per Prime gear, so on average, those are 96 new relics.

Can you imagine the drop table pollution if the relics for Saryn, Vauban, Nekros, Valkyr, Banshee, Oberon, and Hydroid (And their corresponding weapons) had not been removed from the game while introducing those additional 96 new relics?

It's a balancing mechanism.

Just bad for people who need to wait 1 year.

In addition to keeping drop tables manageable, vaulting is important for the trading economy as well.

If all Primes were permanently available at all times, old stuff would be practically worthless.

8 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

In addition to keeping drop tables manageable, vaulting is important for the trading economy as well.

If all Primes were permanently available at all times, old stuff would be practically worthless.

Still many people will stand in front of a locked door...having to wait... 

On 2019-11-20 at 12:23 AM, NinjaZeku said:

No need to wait at all, just farm some other stuff, sell it, then buy whatever vaulted items you want.

well if i had to i wouldn't, id rather fck off...
i tried selling things so many times.. its so annoying i took 8 hours to sell 3 items in game...need to find people, need to talk, chat tab switch etc... i rather just have nothing instead...

On 2019-11-19 at 11:17 PM, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Yeah, instead you would have new things come out with 1% drop rate for relics if all relics were available and atlas prime would still be worth hundreds of plat

nah there could be other ways.