Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Prime Vault 26.0.8 + 26.0.8.1

[DE]Megan

6 часов назад, _Akasha сказал:

Well im happy to count my self among those .3%. Things do not need to be easy mate. I have soloed almost 30 liches. It is entirely possible. If you cannot handle the content and you are dying 6 times a mission, maybe, its time to take a break and come back to it when you can handle it instead of asking for changes so that it matches a players skill level, instead of elevating your self to the freaking content.

Again, I wasn't talking about myself. I can handle my liches alright and I got that achievement from my very first lich. But, 30 liches? Daym, son, how much free time do you have? It's 3 liches in 2 days pace.

And you should definitely try playing solo Vauban on lich mission. Maybe then you'll get some of my sentiment. 😉

4 часа назад, master_of_destiny сказал:

The level 5 isn't about skill, it's about having CC and a damage/tank frame.  My tactics are to spam the operator dash and lightning, use a kavat as a target, and simply put bullets into the sponge with Mesa's peacemaker. 

Invisible Octavia with Redeemer P. Lich, unlike some other enemies, doesn't attack you when you're invisible. So it's an easy way of dealing with them. Also, 100% Status Redeemer modded for heavy attacks oneshots everything up to level 110, and makes a short work even of level 5 lich.

4 часа назад, master_of_destiny сказал:

The point being made is that 0.3%, or 3 in a thousand (now 0.4% at time of writing), have gotten the content started.  Not finished, simply engaged with it.

No, that achievement is for vanquishing/converting level 5 lich. So, given the amount of RNG, it's somewhere in the middle - the player experienced everything what's new mechanics wise, but yet to unlock all new gear.

Resolution problem is still an issue. The game still launches at a resolution lower than my preferred settings (max resolution possible). I still have to change the settings back to my preferred resolution, or alt tab out and return to get the resolution up to max again. It's been like this for a couple of updates now.

14 минут назад, Andreich_1844 сказал:

changed kitgun riven disposition ? bug ?  rattleguts - 2 !!!  catchmoon - 1 !!!

That's a UI fix. DE changed dispo for rattleguts and catchmoon when they dropped Atlas Prime, but for some reason dots in arsenal UI stuck at dispos they were initially at. Now that's fixed and they show correct dispo.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb [DE]Momaw:

This is normal behavior for the Dark Split Sword.  It is used as either a Heavy Blade or a Dual Sword, depending on which melee stance you have equipped

While talking about Dark Split Sword. Could it please be fixed that Dual Swords Cyskis Skin is not working on it?

8 часов назад, Libpea сказал:

That;s my same respond, we already have  the middle mouse for heavy attack, why bring back the hold E for heavy attack? It really annoys me when charge attack happens in the middle of the combo. Can we have this toggle function in option for anyone want to use this holding E for heavy attack? I really liked the new melee system until DE brought back the hold E for heavy attack.

It's true. I agree with all that has been said.

DE, why?

2 hours ago, anfuerudo said:

Invisible Octavia with Redeemer P. Lich, unlike some other enemies, doesn't attack you when you're invisible. So it's an easy way of dealing with them. Also, 100% Status Redeemer modded for heavy attacks oneshots everything up to level 110, and makes a short work even of level 5 lich.

No, that achievement is for vanquishing/converting level 5 lich. So, given the amount of RNG, it's somewhere in the middle - the player experienced everything what's new mechanics wise, but yet to unlock all new gear.

To the first point, ok.  I wasn't asking nor was I discounting any play choice.  I'm telling that there are play choices which require no skill, to which you are adding another option.  Point reinforced.

To the later, starting a Lich required 0 effort, and could easily be done accidentally before the patch which required killing them with a parazon.

There is a statistical possibility that somebody kills for all the murmurs, and only levels the Lich to 2 or 3.  They then might be able to guess the 1 in 6 order correctly the firsts time, and wipe the Lich before it levels up.  In practice, this never happens.  A x10 murmur bonus means every single Lich I killed is level 5, mostly 5 multiple times over with the in-place system.  Most importantly, that's one RNG weapon out of 13 possible, with a random % roll.  That was the point about engagement.

5 минут назад, master_of_destiny сказал:

Point reinforced.

That was the idea. But then again, skill is a stretchable term.

10 минут назад, master_of_destiny сказал:

To the later, starting a Lich required 0 effort, and could easily be done accidentally before the patch which required killing them with a parazon.

Yep, that's why 1% of the playerbase has The Abyss Gazes Into You achievement. I think about a half of those people wish they didn't.

12 минут назад, master_of_destiny сказал:

In practice, this never happens. 

I managed to guess 2/3 mods twice in a row, but I had to brute force through last mod, because it was quicker to do so than farm murmurs. I kid you not.

Kavat emissive colors are still bugged.

My kavat's emissive should be green, but they're randomly mixed with a weird purple color that looks like a placeholder about half the time (seemingly at random). It's been this way ever since dual emissives went in.

It's been months and months. A lot of us put in a lot of time to breed a kavat we liked, invested a ton of forma into them - many people even paid Platinum - and it's really disappointing that there is just never even any acknowledgement whatsoever that the bug has even been noticed. I've seen it reported over and over again, unfixed and totally ignored.

17 hours ago, VisMortis said:

Please, let us have an option to disable heavy attacks holding E. It's very frustrating to lose the combo counter by mistake.

I have the same issue, with high attack speeds the game often registers an unintended heavy attack. I'd rather spend my combo when I actually want to. Please just give us a toggle to turn off the hold E functionallity. Also tried to fix it by using mouse click for melee or unbinding heavy attacks in general, to no avail.

Right now it frustrates me to the point I don't use melee frames... ☹️

vor 18 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Removed the warning that you need to restart after changing the ‘Vertical Sync’ mode in the in-game Options (this was only true on WinXP).

I have never run Warframe on Windows XP, only on 7 and 10, and I always got this warning.

2 hours ago, anfuerudo said:

That was the idea. But then again, skill is a stretchable term.

Yep, that's why 1% of the playerbase has The Abyss Gazes Into You achievement. I think about a half of those people wish they didn't.

I managed to guess 2/3 mods twice in a row, but I had to brute force through last mod, because it was quicker to do so than farm murmurs. I kid you not.

I can see your point regarding skill.  In my opinion, standing away from someone and using peacemaker is even less skillful than the timing required by Octavia for invisibility and the gunblade.  My point was that any idiot, including myself, could do it and the Lich level was nothing.

I think we're in agreement to some level on participation...  I just don't understand if we differ or where.  The original post commented that they'd killed multiple Liches, and that not everybody has to participate.  My retort was to reinforce that 3/1000 or 4/1000 isn't a low participation score, it's Lunaro.  You know, that game mode that died and everyone acknowledges is a flop.  Back from a time when content didn't take a year to release, and even then the PvP aspects released in pieces and completely backward to the PvE horde shooter this game sold as.  

You can just about unlock a full mod from the murmurs on the first Lich planet.  The second you beat it, the Lich goes to level 2 and takes over more planets.  You then get to grind for the second, and if you again avoid the Lich it might only get the level 2 before you've got 2/3 mods.  There are 8 total, so you've got a 2/6 chance that the two you unlocked are in positions 1 and 2 (A-B-C or B-A-C, when the other possibilities are C-A-B, C-B-A, A-C-B, and B-C-A).  Now if you plug and chug after unlocking the first 2 murmurs, that last one is a 1 in 6 of being right.  That is, if you have A-B-H as the correct order and have to grind it's A-B-C, D, E, F, G, H.  That's a Lich level 5 after trial E.  If you start with B-A-H it's a Lich after D.  That's saying nothing of the statistical possibility of pulling all three right, 1 in 336 potential combinations.

I believe we are in agreement that this is stupidly long grind.  It isn't fun, and it isn't a challenge.  This is a time sink.

The issue here is DE built it to be a time sink, and they either know it or don't understand basic statistics.  Their "achievement" of killing a level 5 is basically a reward for killing any Lich, unless you can guess at superhuman values.  This isn't the nemesis system of Mordor, or what we were sold.  This is a long form RMG grind that is "worth it" for the MR and level 40 weapons.  The catch is the weapons are RNG, the bonuses are RNG, and the missions are a larger sink than 90% of the other stuff.  I can understand wanting Warframe to be amazing, but this isn't fair free to play that encourages spending.  This is a system where there are 3 inputs for monetary charges (relics, mods, and forma).

Grind

I don't blame DE for another useless frames, or bug when one just can't get larving spawn (4 days of trying with all needed things in mind), etc.

Want to aim at main flaw at gamedev approach:

1. nerfing AOE frames to shelf

2.useless boost of abilities that can't do a sh*t against hords of mobs with armour problem

3. trading system that is crying out loud to "make auction for god sake!"

4.raids.

PS: in general, drop an idea that "every new update needs new resource", instead make more universal exchange items. this will help to involve veterans players to help newbies "in field" so both of them will make profit.

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Kuva Lich Changes & Fixes
We are still experimenting with balancing additional reward Drops (Kuva) on Kuva Liches themselves to aid in the hunt! 

This unfortunately will not make me want to attempt to kill the Kuva lich. The net effect is still the same... The only thing I'm looking at is the weapon I get for defeating the Kuva Lich... As long as it remains the same at lvl 1 to lvl 5. I have ZERO incentive to attempt kill it when I am not ready. My suggestion is each time the Kuva lich levels, the elemental bonus on the weapon increases slightly... e.g. 3% per lich level, I feel is a nice balance.

Cause each time I fail to kill it, resulting Kuva Lich missions where I am hosting will increase in difficulty... This I find undesirable as the number of frames I find viable in different mission types as the Kuva Lich levels drops significantly. This for me makes the game content not as fun as I find myself restricted to the same old frames over and over... Even when I look at the type of frames people bring into Kuva missions, they all tend to be the tanky frames, anything squishy simply isn't used!

people that cant get a larva to spawn 

1.Do a exterminate

2.play it in solo

3.Let the alarm go off i do it by alerting as many op as i can without killing them (it wont spawn if there isn't a active alarm)

4.After the flicker happens kill enemies very fast it wont spawn if your slow it works like the juggernaut.

21 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

still impossible to discard useless kuva lich instead of 857498567346574365743657843657436578465836573465763485736537657834 hours of useless and boring tharall farm

Technically it makes sense that you can't discard a Lich since it supposed to be your nemesis. What is the point of easily discardable nemesis? The problem is that when it's generated there is no way to affect him in any way but raise his level a few times. Would be really nice if there would be a way to re-roll a weapon/weapon bonus on it somehow (sending him an email with kuva? hey, I know you don't like me, but here is 500 kuva in attachment. try to get yourself a better gun, bruh). And it will be even better if with each level and re-roll Lich would have 10-20% chance to get an ephemera. I'm not sure is it currently tied to levels or not.

20 hours ago, JoJoshuee_DesK said:

Git Gud

Git gud at what exactly?

Git gud at killing same braindead enemies? 130 or whatever thralls is still 130 thralls, indentical, stupid and weak. Git gud at randomly guessing requiem mods? Git gud at running through Kuva Siphons/Floods in 3 minutes? Sure is difficult to run through the mission as usual and shoot 4 red clouds - stuff of nightmares. Git gud at hopping into a pub Kuva fissure to get a chance for getting a consumable mod? Maybe git gud at deleting the Lich out of existence by pressing 1 and then 3 as Revenant? Or maybe git gud at going "whatever" and just walking away from it, if you don't want to play the game of guessing with result being Lich leveling up and you getting 10 pathetic Murmurs, since it's AI is so dumb it can't even follow you through damn TILES unless you slowly make it walk with you through the doors. Or maybe, oooh, that's the best one, git gud at avoiding the Lich grab by rolling backwards when it throws it's arms up in the air screaming "IMBOUTTAGRABYA!".

There is nothing to "git gud" at. They become bullet sponges if you let them level up, but even then you can just equip a quick melee and absolutely destroy them. You only need good gear or a team of people with good gear lmao. No skill involved. Equip a tank frame - you're invincible to anything that Lich can throw at you. Equip an invi frame and punch the crap out of the Lich as it walks around with huge chunks of its butt flying off of it as you give it the 300$ ORAORAORA performance. Better yet - equip Inaros, then you can tank AND exploit the "stealth" melee multiplier by blinding the Lich.

The dude you replied to is right. Inability to discard the Lich exists only because developers want to extend the freshness of this deeply flawed system in order to keep the player count from falling in first 2 weeks after it's release. This stuff is pathetic, it's obvious and people like you saying that it somehow requires skill and is totally fine are not helping the situation. But I suppose everything looks a lot brighter when you wear that shining white armor.

Archived