Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PS4) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.6

[DE]Danielle

50 minutes ago, (PS4)allfatherthor77 said:

They arent going to which is sad. They said next update which will be in like 2 months. Smh. There primary concern is PC cause they are QA testers. They dont care about console players at all. Its why people keep leaving the game at a accelerated rate. On a side note how in the blue space marbels did this update pass cert with some of the bugs i have seen. Randomly kicking you out of a party, lag,etc. 

That is not true. DE Danielle already told us, that we will get the changes in the next update, yes, but we got also told, that the next build is planned for this year. See thze post on page 1.

Oh my RIP Zenistar. Base duration on the disk is now what, 7 SECONDS??? The last thing I want to do in a solo or duo interception is get my counter up before throwing the disk. I need to drop the disk and quickly move to the next location.

I want to know who at DE thought THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA???

''OK I want to protect this area... wait.. I need to get my counter up, OK it's up now but all the enemies are now dead here. OK I'll drop it somewhere else BEFORE the counter goes back to ZERO''

WTF is this logic???

11 hours ago, (PS4)Maunstre said:

I have a question regarding this, why are we being made to wait until a Mainline update to get these changes? You pushed out a hotfix just this morning for the vaulted relics without the need for cert, why can't these changes also be hotfixed for us on console in like they were for PC? Judging by the extensive feedback from the update threads for PC, we're getting an inferior experience without hotfix 0.7 with the inability to trade Liches and getting to deal with repeating Kuva weapons. Please, please explain why we can't have these hotfixed in / why we're being made to wait for hotfixes, especially ones that drastically improve the game (like the Arbies changes, which were also a hotfix).

Happy to explain! PC and Consoles operate quite differently when it comes to updating/hotfixing - When it comes to launching to the public build on consoles there are different kinds of code that require different treatment. In the case of the changes that came with 26.0.7, those include native code which is required to go through the certification process and be approved before launch. Since PC deploys do not require cert (as we are at the helm of that ship), we are able to hotfix those kinds of changes/fixes. In the case of the Vaulted Relics fix,  we were able to hotfix on the fly as it did not include changes that required cert approval before hand. 

There is also the release timeline of that Hotfix to keep in mind. PC Hotfix 26.0.7 released Thursday, November 14th, which was exactly two days after The Old Blood was sent to cert to meet the certification submission deadline. 

All that to say that we know that those changes are important and hit on a lot of quality markers to improve Kuva Liches and more. Which is why the team has been hard at work to review, test, and sort out the release of .7's goods for the next cert window. 

As a console player myself, I understand the wait may sting. But I also see the benefits of getting familiar with the new systems now that they are live. So that when .7 does come out you'll have a nice inventory of Converted Liches for trading and even more experience with the plethora of changes that came to the Melee system so that you can take full advantage of the Crit buffs and Stance changes. 

18 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Happy to explain! PC and Consoles operate quite differently when it comes to updating/hotfixing - When it comes to launching to the public build on consoles there are different kinds of code that require different treatment. In the case of the changes that came with 26.0.7, those include native code which is required to go through the certification process and be approved before launch. Since PC deploys do not require cert (as we are at the helm of that ship), we are able to hotfix those kinds of changes/fixes. In the case of the Vaulted Relics fix,  we were able to hotfix on the fly as it did not include changes that required cert approval before hand. 

There is also the release timeline of that Hotfix to keep in mind. PC Hotfix 26.0.7 released Thursday, November 14th, which was exactly two days after The Old Blood was sent to cert to meet the certification submission deadline. 

All that to say that we know that those changes are important and hit on a lot of quality markers to improve Kuva Liches and more. Which is why the team has been hard at work to review, test, and sort out the release of .7's goods for the next cert window. 

As a console player myself, I understand the wait may sting. But I also see the benefits of getting familiar with the new systems now that they are live. So that when .7 does come out you'll have a nice inventory of Converted Liches for trading and even more experience with the plethora of changes that came to the Melee system so that you can take full advantage of the Crit buffs and Stance changes. 

Thank you so much for responding! If you don't mind a follow-up question, are there specific changes (aside from massive alterations like PoE, Fortuna, Old Blood, etc.) that by default involve changes to native code? Or is it a case-by-case thing? I'm asking because something like the blanket crit buff sounds on paper to be not that different from, say, a Riven disposition change - because to a layman it's just numbers being moved up or down, so the assumption is "how much code could that honestly involve?" I get that a blanket crit change isn't the same as a Riven disposition change, but they seem similar, and one is able to be hotfixed in while the other isn't. Also just in general I'd like to understand the approval / update process better - my squad-mates, too, they're very interested about this as well.

Also, with the update I have noticed that being thrown completely out of bounds has somehow become a whole lot easier. I was in a Lich-controlled Disruption mission on Lua and twice in a row, directly after Mercying a Thrall I was somehow blasted right out of the map. I still performed the Mercy, but towards the end of the Mercy animation either my Warframe hit a polygon wrong or a Grineer mob (maybe a lifting slam attack) hit me in just the right way and I went flying - not ragdolling, just flying. At an earlier point I was on the same tileset and was forced out of bounds by falling debris landing on top of me. These instances have kind of really hit home how, uh, long it takes for the game to recognise that a player is out-of-bounds. Would it be possible for the team to implement some teleport planes closer to the outskirts of the map to reduce fall-time?

Thanks again!

Just killed my kuva lich , the grind was... ok i guess but, doing a second one seems boring now, the murmurs required are too much if we think about it, 13 weapons is way too repetitive grind and we have to consider that to get them all ,even trough trading, it's going to take more than 13 liches, it feels  that you put 13 weapons instead of like 5 just to time gate us till next update, and the 5 forma thing ,yeah that was for sure a time gate strategy.

I got a lot of lag and frame loss when playing yesterday (PS4 Pro). For the most part, it was noticeably less smooth, and at times it completely had me out of sync when doing melee combos. I'm still going through settings to see if anything was changed that affected performance, but I'm guessing it's just the update, which hopefully won't need more than a hotfix to correct.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)KwietStorm said:

I got a lot of lag and frame loss when playing yesterday (PS4 Pro). For the most part, it was noticeably less smooth, and at times it completely had me out of sync when doing melee combos. I'm still going through settings to see if anything was changed that affected performance, but I'm guessing it's just the update, which hopefully won't need more than a hotfix to correct.

Same exact experience with me. All settings on lowest, my FPS was noticeably lower all around than before the update, to the point where I shut the game off.

You have absolutely destroyed Ember, please change this frame back to her original glory. World on fire was fantastic for her survivability and previously she was one of the best frames for CC. Furthermore you have destroyed any point of running efficiency mods on her because energy just drains way too fast for her to be effective. You have made many changes over the years, practically all of them I agreed with and could see the logic in doing (especially the changes to Wukong though I still don't think you buffed him enough). However this was a decision that didn't need to be made, I do like the defensive change with immolation but you need to rework the energy costs. So in summary bring back world on fire and maybe keep the meteor effect (I'll admit it looks cool, but a graphic does nothing for core mechanics) and make it that immolation has a one time minimal cost with a max of 50% damage reduction over time or just a straight reduction with a timer on the ability, in fact just rework the energy costs in general. As it is I would rank Volt higher than Ember for CC right now and all he does for that is a stun and shield. Ember is still kinda playable but in the way that Wukong is, you can use her sure but you'd be an idiot to bring her into anything high level.

I'm not sure if this is still an "issue" but it seems to still be occurring. 

I took a break from Arbitration since we were waiting a couple months, before the update it was pretty well known that it Infestation was by far the most common "randomly generated" enemy. 

So far since the update every Arbitration i've done has consecutively been infested, back to back. Has anyone looked into this? 

2 hours ago, (PS4)soothsayer6843 said:

Same exact experience with me. All settings on lowest, my FPS was noticeably lower all around than before the update, to the point where I shut the game off.

We're tracking down the issues that may be tied to the drops you're experiencing, so far seems to be related to Melee on our end but would like to rule out any other possibilities if we can - Could you give me more information on what you were doing exactly when you started having FPS issues? 

Le 19/11/2019 à 20:26, [DE]Danielle a dit :
  • With the hefty changes that Melee Phase 2: TECHNIQUES brings, you can also expect three Melee-only Alerts to help you get a feel for how the changes performs against the three main Factions in different mission settings. Each Alert rewards a fully built Forma upon completion - giving you even more options to make adjustments to your Melee weapons where you see fit.
  • The introduction of Kuva Liches brings a special new kind of Relic - Requiem Relics. There are four Relics in total that contain Requiem Mods, the Exilus Weapon Adaptor, and more! For more details, continue down to the Kuva Lich section. To get you a headstart with the Kuva Liches, there will be four Alerts on Sedna that will each reward one of the four unrefined Requiem Relics. Since completing The War Within quest is required to access the Kuva Fortress, these alerts are only available to those that have completed the Sedna Junction and Sedna’s Nodes.
  • As a fun bonus, you can also play an Alert for the “Grendel in Action” Glyph!

These alerts are still not live yet. Do we know when they will be coming ?

26 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We're tracking down the issues that may be tied to the drops you're experiencing, so far seems to be related to Melee on our end but would like to rule out any other possibilities if we can - Could you give me more information on what you were doing exactly when you started having FPS issues? 

Sure! When I was in my orbiter the frame rate was stable, and basically normal, the exception being navigating menus.

I first tried an arbitration in a public group, and was there for about 30 minutes and from the very beginning experienced extreme frame rate drops as well as just overall bad frame rates. I also have GPU particles disabled, as well as FX intensity turned way down, motion blur off, depth of field off, bloom off, dynamic res. to auto, and ambient occlusion off. 

The frame rate issues continued across all pub missions including another attempt at arbitration, with drops so bad I couldn't accurately aim my weapons at all.  Seemed slightly better when in solo missions (didn't have the extreme drops, still felt rather sluggish overall, definitely lower than what I am used to getting). 

Thanks for working on this [DE]Danielle and the rest of the team! I really hope this issue gets sorted soon so that I can get back to Lich hunting. 

EDIT: forgot to add that the issues also were happening in Orb Vallis when in a party and in pub groups.

Archived