[DE]Danielle

(PS4) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.6

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Silenceform said:

Alerts starting Friday, November 22nd @ 2 PM ET until Monday, November 25th @ 2 PM ET

Oh, thank you. I only read the quoted part.

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We're tracking down the issues that may be tied to the drops you're experiencing, so far seems to be related to Melee on our end but would like to rule out any other possibilities if we can - Could you give me more information on what you were doing exactly when you started having FPS issues? 

Hi,

one thing that is affecting FPS on PS4 are the rare golden mod (e.g. firewalker, toxic flight, etc). Everytime i, or/and my team mates collect one of them many frames drops, the game freezes for a second or two. This is happening before update 26.0.6, i'm not sure if it was with gauss update or before.

For the most part, I love all the ember changes, except for one glaring issue with her fire blast, it's blocked by terrain. Even if +80% of an enemy's hitbox is in line of sight to ember, the aren't affected at all. This leads me to believe the power is now a ring at her feet that doesn't bypass terrain. Please allow it to travel through terrain!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We're tracking down the issues that may be tied to the drops you're experiencing, so far seems to be related to Melee on our end but would like to rule out any other possibilities if we can - Could you give me more information on what you were doing exactly when you started having FPS issues? 

I’d like to add the FPS happened to me mostly in requiem and normal relic missions.

I was in a squad when cracking requiem relics and the FPS got so low, the whole game froze and booted me. Even when I was solo I almost crashed completely.

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

firing the acceltra, playing with vauban, playing in 4 player squads all seem to cause extreme framerate drops. i was in a hydron with two vauban both spamming vortex and the framerate got so low the enemies started to animate at 1-3 frames a second

unplayable is an understatement.

14 hours ago, (PS4)soothsayer6843 said:

Same here. Please let us know how this will be fixed. The game is unplayable.

Yip more so in kuva missions 

Grendel can be earned for free through means based on the lore of his Leverian entry. Once you’ve listened, you’ll begin your hunt for Grendel by acquiring:

• Grendel Neuroptics Locator
  • Grendel Chassis Locator
  • Grendel Systems Locator

I completed those missions yesterday. During the first attempt of one of the missions we were invaded by New Loka which resulted in a mission failure.

Why are syndicate invasions not disabled as they are for Sorties?

• Haha 1

Alrighty, here are my first impressions and things that could be improved.

Saturn Grineer tileset has some really weird lighting issues, the first few tiles had entirely green lighting. It seemed to disappear/fade after the first few rooms, but it's happened twice now.

The screen shake during the new hacking animation is a bit much... It's actually very distracting and throws me off from my hacking. Beyond that, the animation is a bit too dramatic and catches the eye, making it harder to pay attention.

During loading screens into missions, the ships flying just looks ugly... I'm not sure how else to describe it. I greatly preferred the angle from before the update, the steep angle to the right makes it uncomfortable somehow. I thought the old loading screen was perfectly fine. Possibly create on option to change back in the settings if other people like it?

Finally, I'm an Ember main. I'm happy to adapt to Ember's new style but tbh, I preferred the Ember before. I liked the previous Fire Blast keeping a ring of fire on the field, it was great for choke points and CC, which I used to my advantage. I'm frustrated that it's gone, it actually takes away from Ember's CC abilities. I like that Fire Blast and Accelerant have basically been fused, they were a bit too similar anyway. I like the survivability given by Immolation, she really needs that, but something about it doesn't fit her style. The animation is far too passive, as opposed to Ember's other previous animations, and isn't it recycled? I liked the meter idea, but I originally thought it was going to encompass all of her abilities, much like Baruuk; The less/more you use her abilities, the more powerful they get. The current meter isn't quite satisfying and will take some time for me to understand; It doesn't feel intuitive. Overall, it's a mixed bag for me. Her abilities seem a bit less aggressive and this is a frame I always used for her different flavors of raw aggression.

Cheers, DE. I still love the care and time you put into your game.

5 hours ago, (PS4)trontor said:

During the first attempt of one of the missions we were invaded by New Loka which resulted in a mission failure.

Why are syndicate invasions not disabled as they are for Sorties?

Ah yes, happened to me also. Was an instant wipe with those Eximi Ancients draining my hard-earned energy...

Would also like to know if the glitch with Ballistica Prime's ghosts is being fixed sometime soon. Since we just got a new kavat species, the grind becomes a bit harder when you can't see where the ghost is... What happened to the energy aura they used to get when they spawned?

great. I have several builds on nearly-no-crit weapons each using maiming strike and a +crit chance on slide attack riven so that they can crit, and they all worked really really well.

down the drain now. all that plat spent, all those hours of grind, riven reroll after reroll... wasted. thanks a lot 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, (PS4)gershwonder said:

down the drain now. all that plat spent, all those hours of grind, riven reroll after reroll... wasted. thanks a lot 

Yeah I've been burned in the past, what I've learned is to never spend plat on rivens... ever. It's a shame, really, as I used to enjoy getting rivens for all my favorite weapons and try to get good rolls for them. That was my endgame... I don't do that anymore. Saves me plat on boosters as well.

I also tell new players to not spend plat on them as they will also eventually get burned like a lot of us have in the past.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sebcreed said:

Yeah I've been burned in the past, what I've learned is to never spend plat on rivens... ever. It's a shame, really, as I used to enjoy getting rivens for all my favorite weapons and try to get good rolls for them. That was my endgame... I don't do that anymore. Saves me plat on boosters as well.

to be honest the Rivens themselves were fairly priced. I always buy them cheap then roll till I get what I want. the most I've spent on anything is like 85p I think, and that was at the market together with 75% coupons to buy a few grindy-to-farm frames

still, for me that's a lot, since I rarely buy plat and trade in chat even less

Edited by (PS4)gershwonder

@[DE]Danielle

Can confirm a bug with regards to Orb Vallis bounties. I’m unsure if this has been an old bug or is a bug that came packaged with the Parazon update. This is regarding the mission(s) where you need to infiltrate a facility to unlock a Spy Vault or rescue hostages from a jail, and are currently running multiple bounties when still in the Orb Vallis (without returning back to Fortuna). If you had previously hacked those areas already from a prior bounty, the prompt to hack those consoles again won’t show up even though the bounty’s marker clearly states that the area you’re in is where you need to clear the objective (leading to an indirect failure to the current operation for the bounty). Please look into this if possible.

Is anyone else having trouble spawning their Kuva lich?

I'm passed the War Within, tried the Exterminate node on Sedna about 4 times now and the Mobile defense twice. Can't get my lich to spawn. 

I have had the Yellow flicker going on on most times, by no Guardian transmission on red Marker :\

Help?

Edited by (PS4)SrebX

Please dont add heavy attack(charge attack) to the melee button. (as it happened for pc). I loved the change in phase 2 and I have found the perfect button for new heavy attack R1. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

Is anyone else having trouble spawning their Kuva lich?

I'm passed the War Within, tried the Exterminate node on Sedna about 4 times now and the Mobile defense twice. Can't get my lich to spawn. 

I have had the Yellow flicker going on on most times, by no Guardian transmission on red Marker :\

Help?

Anyone else having trouble getting a Larvling to spawn?

On 2019-11-20 at 5:09 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Just wondering if there is any movement on this issue. The game remains basically unplayable in public missions, as well as solo in open worlds. It is really unfortunate that many of us seem to be experiencing this game breaking problem.  

@[DE]Danielle

• Upvote 1

another update another bug, really getting tired of this.

1. my chat stays circling

2. eidolon hunt, capture get bounty complete dont receive reward

3. the kuva missions, no braids appear = no chance at new kuva relics

1 hour ago, (PS4)fuzz642 said:

another update another bug, really getting tired of this.

1. my chat stays circling

2. eidolon hunt, capture get bounty complete dont receive reward

3. the kuva missions, no braids appear = no chance at new kuva relics

You don’t have to complete the siphon to get the relics. I’ve tested it several times so far 

On 2019-11-19 at 7:26 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

BASTILLE (combined with Vortex)

Vauban’s two marquee powers have been combined into a new and devastating ultimate ability!

vauban had 2 good abilities. now he has 1.

On 2019-11-19 at 7:26 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

When revisiting Vauban, we aimed to retain his status as a crowd control powerhouse

if this was your aim, imo you failed. badly.

if you wanted him to "retain his status as a crowd control powerhouse" - which he lost years ago you shouldn't have messed with his 2 abilities which were great crowd control.

making repelling bastille innate rather than needing a mod and replacing that augment with pilfering bastille would have been a better move.

then buff his armour and shields and give him a useful passive, maybe something to with hacking kinda fits his style.

before celestial twin i always thought vauban having a reinforcement/decoy ability would fit him well.

maybe it's just me but i don't like having to cycle through different abilities. as you point out about the fast paced style of warframe in 2019 - cycling through stuff is seconds i don't like wasting. it's why i rarely use the tiberon despite loving it as an auto-ar. which you could pick which modes were the default.

ANYHOW good update overall, just hate what you've done to one of my favourite warframes. he's less usable than we was before it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

vauban had 2 good abilities. now he has 1.

Try testing his 1 with Tesla bank

On 2019-11-21 at 1:43 PM, (PS4)gershwonder said:

great. I have several builds on nearly-no-crit weapons each using maiming strike and a +crit chance on slide attack riven so that they can crit, and they all worked really really well.

these changes have been known about and coming for the best part of a year haven't they?