Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parazon Lore? ....Back story?...

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Did Warframes always have this weapon/device... where did we get it? is it something DE "intended" to implement... any Lore behind it I'm missing? Because all of a sudden we have this device/weapon attached to us.... I mean a get the Lichs and thier lore, just fuzzy on the Parazon..

Edit: any back story for the Parazon? 

Thanks @Renegade343 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Did Warframes always have this weapon/device... where did we get it? is it something DE "intended" to implement... any Lore behind it I'm missing? Because all of a sudden we have this device/weapon attached to us.... I mean a get the Lichs and thier lore, just fuzzy on the Parazon..

Thanks @Renegade343 

Honest backstory:

DE needed an “ RnG Prime” MacGuffin (some would say widget) to stack additional layers on the already copious amounts of farming/grinding/RnG to apply added pressure to the business side of their F2P model to get players to spend-grind-spend.

They thought Assassin’s Creed finishers would be easy to implement and look cool and make Sentient Mimics blush in the form of a “specialized weapon” that we as players would accept.

Boom.  Backstory.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGuffin

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, CaptainMeowth said:

...what do you mean, "the introduction" ? It was always here, even in the alpha.

I mean, considering the game has been changing a few story elements here and there, it's not too much of a stretch to consider that the Parazon we have now is not whatever it is way back at Alpha. A backstory to come along with the introduction of the Parazon as it is now isn't too much to ask.

Pretty Sure the parazon is the answer to the question How are tenno doing X hacking and such personally id love a infomercial of what it does as its pretty much a multi-tool according to steve pre U26 stream "a tool tenno use for various tasks" like hacking a computer to open a door or a lancer to open to be not alive. 

Once upon a time a DE Dev watched an old Dolph Lundgren movie called, "Dark Angel"and later renamed, "I come In peace", next thing you know. BAM! Parazon in Warframe.

They should claim they watched it, because of Matthias Hues, instead of Dolph.

My assumption is that it sets us apart from Lotus a bit as in the current lore, Lotus or Ordis are the ones hacking and all we are doing is... Being there? We are a glorified USB Wireless plugin. With the Parazon we are now somewhat set apart such that even if we didn't have Ordis or the Lotus we can hack things using our Technocyte invasive biology.

At least that's how I view it, a small but important lore tidbit. It's kind of amusing because I used to trawl the Spacebattles forums and any scenario without Lotus or Ordis basically meant that the other side could argue Warframes can't hack on their own.

A while ago, DE said it was looking into making hacking look cooler than just a warframe tappitty tapping on a screen.

Result, we have the Parazon.

Technically it's always been there, but we forgot we had it until now because it wasn't in the game.

Or something like that.

Edited by Fl_3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

A while ago, DE said it was looking into making hacking look cooler than just a warframe tappitty tapping on a screen.

Result, we have the Parazon.

Technically it's always been there, but we forgot we had it until now because it wasn't in the game.

Or something like that.

Well, operators still do the tapping if you're using them to hack, so the idea that Parazon is needed for hacking is... a bit shaky.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Thanks @Renegade343 

We stole it from Robocop.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Not everything needs to have a complex backstory to be added into the game. 

It doesn't even need to be complex. Could be something as simple as a codex entry. Or maybe our WFs evolved a parazon from something from being around all the Kuva or whatever. DE could just make something up, they are great at that. 

• Like 1