Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #133!

[DE]Rebecca

could we maybe get a merge mechanic for warframes and their primed varients? i'd happily pay/grind a special type of forma/potato that lets us merge our polarities onto a primed version of a frame

since quite a few frames still haven't got primes, i stay away from playing most them since the idea of having to forma all over again really puts me off getting invested when i know they'll be getting primed versions soon...

I was wondering if the kuva lich system will see any major changes and / or constant alterations, as opposed to the "launch & forget" thing that tends to happen unfortunatly. Anyways, the kind of stuff I would love to see implimented in some form, focusing more on the story / lore aspect of liches and their overall impact on the universe, here are some of my ideas:

With the kuva lich system, I was hoping for more of a rivalry where you got to know your personal enemy more and got to actually see their growth and their destruction by your hand. Rather than doing menial tasks and killing thralls (Not even lieutenants or anybody important to your lich, ie just an average butcher. But on that point we don't really know what thralls are or how they fit into the "lore" of kuva liches) an example would be destroying resource depots, or systematically destroying their hierarchy of leadership as they are afforded more power by the queens, instead of doing a spy mission on a corpus ship against frontier grineer on Neptune (More on this, I would've liked it if the liches stayed on grineer occupied worlds, rather than corpus ones but this should be the case once corpus kingpins are a thing) (I would also like to see the liches get their own battalion of grineer troops with their own colors or armor, as getting arid grineer on Pluto makes little sense) I think a custom economy specifically for your lich would be cool, as in troop numbers, resource statistics, etc of the liches' power, and allow us to actually see our impact on the enemies we face. I hope and expect this system will evolve exponentially over time, especially with the addition of Empyrean, and I suspect this is a very very bare bones version of what they want to achieve, but they felt they had to release something to quell the content drought.

Just a bit of brainstorming while writing, but this is what I think could help Warframe's longevity between the massive releases that the game needs.

I understand that there needs to be a system like this that can be done fast and many times over, but I feel a true nemesis system where your nemesis has time to actually become a memorable enemy would be nice. Rather than meeting and killing your lich over the course of 4-5 hours, I'd personally like it to be more in the weeks - months span. You could have it be where the liches have lieutenants / commanders that drop the kuva weapons and rewards we want now, 4-5 hours each, farm-able. And the lich could act as a true kingpin that remains at the top of the list, until after possible months of fighting their forces, you finally get to put them down personally (This is where capital ships and naval command comes in, as the lich just showing up in mission is kinda underwhelming).

As far as an actual record of your accomplishments, there could be a folder in the codex for each lich, that expands and shows all of the followers of said lich you took down in your conquest.

As to how to implement stuff like this, good God I have no clue but nonetheless I think it'd be pretty neat.

Edit:

As far as the immortal enemy part, they should get more powerful after we kill them with the parazon as opposed to them simply snapping our spines and gtfo'ing of into space. If we guess the wrong requiem "code", they simply die and get resurrected as a more powerful lich, showing the effects of kuva's immortality and getting rid of a simply annoying mechanic.

First things first, congrats on an excellent game!

Is there a possibility for any enhancements on the mini map to include distinct icons for Caches, Orokin Trasures and syndicate medallions? I don't know how difficult this would be, but it may help players to get a bit of a better view of the loot situation. 

Keep up the good work! 

New melee system is overall great. But Excalibur is now left with only one useful ability. The whole concept of exalted melee feels outdated honestly.
So, here's some ideas on how to improve Excalibur's kit.

[Slash Dash]
If used on enemy, dash speed is greatly increased. Enemies hit by Slash Dash become briefly opened to finishers (for 1-2 seconds). Number of targets that can be hit by single ability use is limited to 1, but in next 2-3 seconds the ability can be used again with lower energy cost. Every hit increases combo counter by 1 point (2 with augment), so you'll need 12 consecutive dashes (6 with augment) to build it fro zero to max.

[Radial Blind/Radial Howl]
No changes needed. Maybe remove a boom sound that happens during Umbra's howl, I find it pretty annoying.

[Radial Javelin]
The damage of this ability should be equal to player's heavy attack damage value and benefit from combo counter (and consume it on ability use). Life Strike also works! If Radial Javelin is casted in the air, Excalibur performs a directional ground slam (so the end of the cast always happens on the ground and its animation makes sense now). Single ability use now costs 50 energy, but tapping the button once more consumes additional 25 energy and pulls affected enemies towards the player.

[Exalted Blade]
Exalted Blade receives Garuda's claws treatment. If player doesn't have a melee weapon equipped, activating this ability will make Excalibur draw his Exalted Blade (just like he does now). If player has a melee weapon equipped, activating this ability will increase equipped melee weapon damage, speed, range and also add wave projectiles to swords and nikanas. Chromatic Blade augment now adds elemental damage without replacing IPS. Waves add to combo counter (only on first hit though). Default Exalted Blade gets access to all melee mods.

Will there be a review of the "range" spec ... currently the fang prime is listed as 1.75 m   while the orthos prime is 3m ...if this doesn't seem off a little to you ... then idk what to say. I realize a lot of this is new, and some "Adjustments" will be coming.  But i think some weapons got buffed a little much , in regards to range, While others got the silent nerf .

30 minutes ago, NickelStiller said:

Will you address the duplicate Nightwave rewards problem?

^This^

There are currently 8 unique rewards in this season that everyone who participated in previous seasons already owns.

They basically use up 80k of standing for nothing. Imagine doing 11 ELITE or 17 WEEKLY challenges for literally no reward. Those ranks should either be skipped if one already owns that item - or (maybe optionally) be swapped for something else like season credits.

Is it possible to have one handed weapons in melee mode allow for pistols and other one handed firearms to be used? It's nice to use a skana in melee mode and send a bullet after that one grineer lancer trying to  set off alarms. It sounds so satisfying. Also chroma rework? His abilities dont really synergize well together except for his 2 and 3. Maybe replace his 1 with a new defensive ability like embers imolation, where his other abilities are strengthened by the number of enemies with status effects matching his current emissive color? I love him, he just isnt quite as useable in sorties as say rhino, yet much harder to aquire. 

Master teaSONY said “I was mentored in my craft by a man who lived upon the Eidolon-Moh for many years. It has been a gulf of time now since Sigor Savah departed the Plains. Where he is… I do not know. Though I very much wish I did.”

“Some in Fortuna knew my mentor. I have asked The Business if he had the honour. He only said that Sigor Savah sounded like he had been a man of… enviable clarity. A strange response.”

Are we going to see what happended to him?

Are you guys going to make the rail jack update as much of a RNG grind as this kuva lich update?  
Is rail jack coming out this year? just give us a month release not a specific day just around what month.
Please tell us when are you guys are going to make trials come back. 

Melee has had 2 major updates under the moniker "2.9999" and "2.9999 phase two." I personally think that these updates are good and healthy for the game over all and that generally they solve more problems than they create. 

I would like to know how many "phases" of 3.0 are currently planned, and what sort of features they might include.

I would most like to see the ability for melee to be directed by the "look" input, and that melee swings are always related to the crosshair. 

Secondly, I'd like to see the base damage of melee scaled to its relative attack speed, and attack speed deminished back to "human levels" considering that by far the best use of melee is to macro a "hold to attack" button and scale attack speed to several attacks per second. 

Do you have any thing to say about this? 

Thank you for your time! 

Archived