Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #133!

[DE]Rebecca

Heyo! Dropping a couple odd questions into the mix:

Kuva Lich / Empyrean Questions:

- Assuming you're not done iterating and playing with the lich system, what sorts of new gameplay elements are you considering?
- Also assuming the lich-with-capital-ship is still in the works, are you planning to release that with Empyrean or for a later update? (I saw a variant of this question asked earlier and I wanted to jump off of that.)
- Will rank 5 remain the max for liches? If liches get capital ships, it would make sense that they'd personally become even more powerful.
- Is the Squad Link feature shown at Tennocon coming with Empyrean? (I'm not the only one curious about this upcoming feature, am I?)

- Random lich question: My first lich had the Loner quirk. Would this have had any effect on him having a fleet?

Other Questions:

- What's coming first: New War or Empyrean?
- Any chance for lore on the Parazon? I've been so intrigued device since I first watched Tennocon and even now that I have one, I would love to know more about it.
- Stalker Mode: I'm less curious about when it's coming out than why it hasn't come out? Conflicting lore elements (like with the mythical Hydroid Prime trailer)? The people working on it got transferred to a different project? Just wondering about the behind-the-scenes on that.

Thank you all for all your hard work! Except for a couple of recent games, my gaming news feed has just been filled with so many sad stories, making every little (and every big) success from you guys stand out so much brighter. Thank you all again.

About the Lich trading system: ¿Was it always intended that we would become basicaly slave traders? Lich conversion should be final, you convert it, it's yours, it will aid you, maybe you can put him/her as a crew member on your railjack, etc. Keeping them for possible trade, as optional as that system is, somehow feels wrong. Wouldn't it be better than while a player is being chased by the lich that he/she could "sell" the contract while active? It would definetly reduce RNG, and could introduce some decent pricing (because let's face it, they are mostly gonna be traded for plat). So let's say, if you trade a lich for which you have got no requiems, hence transferring all the grind/RNG to the buyer, it would be reasonable to trade that lich for cheaper than let's say, a lich whose 3 requiems are known (With this i imply that when you trade liches you do trade the knowledge of it, and hence its requiems) I believe this would first, establish more transparent lich trading values, and lower a bit the RNG involved, and mostly (for me) it would feel more correct.

Somewhat related, someone before me said something about lich personalities, like when you see your converted liches they still hate you. That should change, and if they're joking it should be patent. Also, in general add some more lich personalities, at least 2 more (female "silly" (like the actual male) and male "serious" (like the actual female)). And also pertinent to liches, but this is more of a question, if i have converted liches, is there a chance that, while in railjack, they could spawn to help in their own "grineerjacks"? it would be awesome being in a hairy fight and suddenly a transmission comes in the "the calvary has arrived!" style, followed by your liche's ship warping in nearby ("Translating into realspace" i believe is the term for railjacks coming out of the void?) and starts firing (and/or ramming?) enemy ships.

PS: Forgive faults in my english, it is a bit rusty and it's not my mothertongue

Any plans to update Exterminate missions to be more like the mini-assassination bounties out in the open world areas? So instead of it just being a straightforward killing spree there's a much harder target at the end whose death would disorient the local forces? With perhaps elite squads being sent out by said target/leader after certain amounts of mook enemies have been killed as a way for the leader to try and retaliate?

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream133_1080p.jpg
Who:  Rebecca is joined by the usual crew! 

What: We’re hopping in the Dev Build to take a first look at the next Prime Access and much, much more! From Liches to Launches, you’ll want to join as we talk through Warframe’s most recent (and upcoming) updates!

Prizes? Oh yes! We have plenty of Digital Prizes to give out. 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe 

Twitch Drop / Mixer Reward: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

When: Join us this Friday, November 22nd at 2 p.m ET!  

Please ask your questions here! Thread closes at 10 a.m ET on Friday, November 22nd at 2 p.m ET! 

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

Will you ever bring in a deconstruction option to use instead of selling weaponry and Warframes.It would be nice to reuse parts instead of farming for them as some parts take numerous attempts and the grind is quite frustrating.Thanks for a marvelous game and listening to everybody 

• Boosters - is there a way to make booster timer more intuitive? Like instead of always active to timer goes down when in mission or when youre logged-in? I find it really hard and annoying getting boosters on daily login only for me not be able to fully utilize it and sometimes feel pressured on playing longer that I should be because of feeling wasting an active booster
  • FORMA - with the OLD BLOOD update coming out and with the introduction of KUVA weapons reaching to Lvl 40 can we finally address multiple blueprint crafting? Even when I had extra forma laying around for me to use I still find myself buying more forma to level my new KUVA weapon, having to wait 24h to make each forma it would literally take 2 months just to maxed out all the new KUVA weapon that was recent introduced. I dont think that's acceptable

Hi there,

1.Can the Liches be reworked to function like assassins?To ambush you before escaping or to stop you when doing high time on survival or defense.Even appearing instead of the infested dog in the prison.(like a game of cat and mouse)

*On the lich note. Will you add more more archetypes in the future since this one is basically a grappler/bruiser/slow type that employs only one strategy. Something like marksman/assassin(depending on the weapon) - sniping you from a distance or running around invisible trying to ambush you or Leader/Beast master - summoning and buffing minions 

2.Ever considered to change the damage type mods from raw damage to effectiveness. Damage types on weapons to have a rating/effectiveness score instead of flat damage numbers.

• Impact - stagger/pushback strengh 
  • Piercing - % of armor ignored with every proc 
  • Slash - % weapon dmg over 10s
  • Electric - %weapon dmg + stun duration - procs do increased damage to shields
  • Toxic - 30% weapon dmg for 1...0.3 for 5sec -  ignores shields and tick rate depends on effectiveness rating
  • Ice -Chills the enemy slowing him down with every stack up 10 stacks where he will be frozen - stack number req reduced with higher eff./ frozen enemies take increased damage from impact proc.
  • Fire - stacking the proc 5 times (min 3 if high effectiveness) will cause the enemy to burst into flames losing 5% hp every sec for 5sec
  • Viral - every stack reduces the enemy's hp by 5% (max stack number depends on effectiveness)
  • Magnetic - procs root armored enemies in place and has a chance to disable their weapons also disrupts machine types enemies(units/turrets/vehicles)
  • corrosive - Enemy armor is reduced by 1% every second ( can be stacked/ every stack increase armor reduction by 1%/ max stack is determined by effectiveness)
  • Radiation - Reduces enemy aim and causes enemies to be hostile against the affected enemy ( effectiveness increases damage received from other sources)
  • Gas - enemy takes % weapon damage for 5 seconds while having a chance of being briefly stunned(chocking) and has a chance to spread the effect to others around him ( spread chance and damage depends on effectiveness)

* If a weapon doesn't have a passive elemental effect, it will start with a 20% effectiveness and multiplied with the elemental mod when inserted.

3.Will the enemy AI be improved with the empyrean update. So far all the enemies fell like mobile turrets with so much precision that they can shot you through a mouse hole from the other room. Can the melee type enemies be made to dodge or block bullets, sniper trying to find high ground and keep their distance, scorpions/sentients being anti-air(avoid to glide or jump often if one is around), Shot-gunners continuously staggering you forcing a roll away instead of doing insane high damage, Napalm and Nox doing area denial and more

14 hours ago, JaxMess said:

Melee has had 2 major updates under the moniker "2.9999" and "2.9999 phase two." I personally think that these updates are good and healthy for the game over all and that generally they solve more problems than they create. 

I would like to know how many "phases" of 3.0 are currently planned, and what sort of features they might include.

I would most like to see the ability for melee to be directed by the "look" input, and that melee swings are always related to the crosshair. 

Secondly, I'd like to see the base damage of melee scaled to its relative attack speed, and attack speed deminished back to "human levels" considering that by far the best use of melee is to macro a "hold to attack" button and scale attack speed to several attacks per second. 

Do you have any thing to say about this? 

Thank you for your time! 

Align melee attacks to camera, in your settings, GLHF

Really happy to have mouse and keyboard support on ps4. However there are no custom keybinds option. I'm not even sure every default keybind is there. Not really in a useable state at the moment.

On a similar note some of the new melee keybinds (at least on controller) seem a bit clunky. Instant switch between gun and blade has been one of my favorite additions to the game. Using the tactical stances with it (especially with a sniper equiped) is weird. It's also impossible to aim glide and perform a heavy slam attack like this. That's a real shame as I they feel really enjoyable.

Could we get a way to get excal prime on console - if primed chamber comes out I don't see why we can't have that too.... No, ok lol could we get his obsidian skin  then somehow. Thanks for everything DE, I know things aren't perfect but life isn't and you all do a fantastic job, don't let the negative get to you x

Please Please Please rethink your decision re the Zenistar nerfs. Yes some players used it to AFK play the game but others used it as intended (I'm one of those players) as a cool melee weapon with a cool mechanic. 

Now one has to first charge the Zenistar before using its disc for a reasonable duration . No one, absolutely no one, used the Zenistar before as a simple melee (hammer-like) weapon. No one. Now all of a sudden we are being forced to use it like that before we can use it's real purpose i.e. a thrown spinning disc. 

This change is making the Zenistar completely unusable at high levels. Who wants to be slow meleeing in MoT for 20 seconds before throwing the Zenistar? You'll get one-shot-killed with most frames as shield gating is still beyond our grasp. 

Please rethink this. Unless the whole point is to limit what people can do effectively in endurance rounds. Which would make sense. But at least come out and say it so we (those aggrieved by this change) can put the Zenistar away to gather dust together with the Catchmoon (I supported that change actually) and use guns full time.

bbBnp8r.png

TIME TO WAKE UP, DE:
Destiny has already passed you on Steam, several games making major releases and adapting to the new market...  mobile market taking players off the platforms, will you handle it DE?

Please:

> cinematic quest at the beginning of the game for novices to stay in the game and not give up

> more voice acting in everyday missions like capture, extermination, defense, etc.
for both enemy and operator (no one can stand to hear just Lotus)

> feature miniboss in mission in tileset when you enter a dead end, like you guys have done on Jupiter secret labs. ( but less pluzze )
these miniboss can make novice who seek fast challenge get an more dificult experience, but with faster grind

> player interface to search and submit requests to join clans, recruiting clan players is getting outdated
and people are preferring to solo clan, it makes the game less cooperative and consequently people make fewer friends and have less reason to stick to the game

> improve minimap UI system

> revamp warframes UX design (unique walk / run animations like wisp's, improve sound design like make oberon have horse footprint noises when he has hooves, etc)

warframes like ember, wukong, gauss are very fun to play and also useful in mission
some are useful but not fun... and vice versa.

_

not that important but i want to ask: upgrade MOAS sentry weapons (example: area stun cannon like 'FUSION MOA') and create one more type of open tile hunting, where missions are harder but you also get more reward, I love being in cetus but I have no practical reason to be there anymore, I've done everything

11 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

There never will be a mire wraith, scoliac vandal, or mios prime. They are infested weapons that have been upgraded from stock Grineer, Corpus or Tenno weapons. That is what Infestation means. They infect. So really the infested have their "upgraded" or side graded weapons.

no not all infested weapons are an infected version of a weapon from another faction, only a handful of them are, like the mutalist weapons and torid

Archived