Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #133!

[DE]Rebecca

Hello,
Do you plan to loadout for operators?
Or a menu modification of the equipment of the operator directly from the arsenal?

A module forge, and incubator for the dojo will see the day?  Basically have the functions of our ship but in the dojo, to make a real hub!

Will the Orokin Laboratory of the dojo find a utility?

There have been several people going back and forth on different platforms debating the release of the next few updates. I know you guys dont like to give dates but can we at least get a conformation if Empyren and New War are still targeted to release the end of this year or if they have been pushed back since as of now it sounds like both are to be out before Christmas based on tennocon 

Hello Rebbeca and DE!

I am a bit of a Inaros survivalist fan, will there be more skins/heads for this lonesome sand warrior in the future?

Is there a possibility to give different audio "themes" in different rooms in the dojos? (Only standard songs from the somachord list.) Infected theme for infected rooms, grineer themes for grineer themed rooms and so on. That will start on clientside when a player enter a new room.

Any way to make the parkour room "Deathfields" in a more solid color, (colorblind mode does not work that good for me, borders are "unclear" sometimes).

Is there a possibility to add a "spawnpoint" do dojo spawnroom, (sometimes we spawn in a closed in corner in our spawnroom).

There was a teaser script about an Ordis quest during the sleeping period of the tenno, any info on that?

Please keep building this awesome game and remember to relax sometimes with fun and games.

The answer is 42.

1.) How much longer until stasis is removed from the game? I know you guys have a lot on your plates but swapping beast companions is just so cumbersome right now, and after the release of yet another beast breed, it sucks that I'll probably wind up still stuck to one option period because it just isn't worth the task of having to update half my loadouts every time I want to swap pets, much less the half a dozen screens you have to deal with per swap as well. 

2.) How likely is it that we'll get Ivara deluxe this year? I'm all for this Ivara prime release (assuming this is read after her reveal) and I'm sure whatever design she has is dope, but I want that beefy deluxe of hers and it'd be an a+ gift for the holidays. (this is replacable with hydroid deluxe as well, purely because i've been hyping that deluxe since months before its release and i also need that look in my life as well)

3.) What was your decision making behind making Liches forcibly kill us nonstop until we get the right sequence rather than us killing them as per the originally presented plan? And do you think that decision has room for change or are you set with that notion as a part of the system now? Personally I find the current setup rather anticlimatic with us bashing down an enemy to their knees, and then being forcibly one shot by them the very next moment with ease because we didn't have the right sequence, like mechanically yeah it makes sense, but thematically it feels wholly wrong to have the power balance just flipped like that so suddenly and even briefly at that since they aren't that strong our next encounter either. You pretty much give them a temporary god mode that comes and goes as is convenient for pacing, and needless to say that doesn't feel too good to the actual experience when its such a thematically framed system. 

3 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

1. With Melee Phase 2 releasing. What is the status of Dual Wielding? In past devstreams it was mentioned that there was possibly going to be Dual Wielding with solo melee weapons, such as single handed swords, or possibly daggers. Will this be coming in the next phase of the melee update? If so, how will blocking work with it, manually more so. And better question, will Sword and Shields count as 1 handed weapons? Because, by technicality, the shield is attached to your warframes arm, not in your warframes hand. It'd be nice to be able to able to Sword Shield AND Gun.

2. What ever happened to those proto skins that are based off of Dark Sector weapons. They've been shown off only once and have faded into backburner. Is there going to ever be anything about them in the future?

3. Will there ever be any new syndicate weapon augments? Its been 84 years since we've gotten any new weapon augments from syndicates. We get a few new wawrframe power augments every few months, but nothing as far as weapons. Would be nice to see a resurgence of new syndicate mods for weapons.

4. Will we ever get the weapon that the vapos machinist / rangers use? They have an interesting burst fire assault rifle that would make a lovely collection to my arsenal. Its very well designed visually.
https://i.gyazo.com/3f50aa51596e3799453eebac9a2c7990.jpg

Latching onto this... Single swords and pistols when?

2 hours ago, CoolaidA14 said:

Nekros prime along with his sweet accessories have to be unvaulted eventually right?... right?

Trinity Prime would be more desired since the Dual Kamas Prime (and a side bonus of the Kavasa Prime Buckle) have been vaulted for the longest. For now, Ash and Vauban Prime Unvaulting will be here until January, the latter who got vaulted slightly longer than Nekros Prime while the former being vaulted for more than two years (Carrier Prime too).

On track:

• May have been complained a lot, but a mandatory death from the Kuva Lich if you use the wrong Requiem mod doesn't fit the lore about the Liches in the first place. They talk about dying not being a solution, yet they only die once when they were a Larving, and then the other time when you Vanquish them. Why was this considered?
  • Dual-Wielding Glaives lost their special gimmicks such as the Orvius and the Falcor (particularly their homing). Will there be plans to reimplement their special gimmicks back for Dual Wielding, not just making it oddly exclusive to melee only?
  • Unvaulted Relics dominating the Bounty Relics makes Prime Access Relics, especially new ones more painful to acquire. People were dismayed when Nyx & Rhino Prime Unvaulting from July 2019 to overtake all of the Wukong Prime Relics, especially the Axi Relics of Wukong Prime Access. Will there be plans to separate the drop table to have one feature the Unvaulting and the other one to feature the current Prime Access?

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

From Liches to Launches, you’ll want to join as we talk through Warframe’s most recent (and upcoming) updates

*Cautious, but heavy breathing*

Anyway, a few questions.

Is there anything planned for Operators? I'm aware that specifics are most likely spoiler-heavy, but as of right now their core damage type is entirely worthless against 3/4 of the game. Sentients have armour which most schools have no means to combat, Infested have Ancients which block 90% of damage and are themselves resistant to 75% of Operator damage, and Grineer have armour AND are all resistant to 75% of Operator damage. Grineer especially are confusing - why have such a major faction in the game be effectively immunised to Operators?

Second question, is there any expansion to Liches planned? What we have is a good foundation, but a foundation is just a foundation. It lacks the expanded elements, such as different lich behaviours and multiple routes for acquisition of murmurs, perhaps based on the behaviours of the lich your hunting. Y'know, things that make hunting each lich a less repetitive experience. Or even just a different experience in general. Missions that involve your lich would be nice too, alongside gains in the rewards - like rolls for rare items found on planets your lich controls or a small multiplier (like, 1.05X) on the resources stolen, as if they've been ravaging the area for resources themselves and in the process found some rare finds to add to their trove, instead of just relying solely on you.

@[DE]Rebecca Hey Rebb! Is Forest's Remorse combo on Gaia's Tragedy missing the repeated punches after the uppercuts intended or not? To put it in a way we both understand well to emphasize the issue: ORAORAORAORAORAORA became one ORA after the melee update 😢 Could we have the former back? The combo was slightly more satisfying to use with the former.

1. There's still a bit of friction in community on whether to stab or not to stab liches in public. Players in general, even the ones that do stab, would rather not get a cheap death just because RNG says no. The initial lich system where lich just seem to die and reappear on wrong guesses didn't seem to have that issue and is more desirable than our current die-on-wrong-guess RNG check. Is this current iteration something that we have to "deal with it" from now on?

2. Is it still possible for the new war to come out this christmas?

3. Any upcoming changes to dojo construction?

Looking forward to the devstream, its been a while since the last one. Do go overtime!

A few questions relating to old stuff

1) Any plans to fix this old bug of the Amp Scaffold being misplaced? (since Fortuna launch)

2) Any plans on either cosmetic or new Moa parts? (I'd still love to get my hands on a Bursa of my own but anything new Moa wise would be awesome)

3) Any plans on a Plague Star-like event for Fortuna? Perhaps involving that 3rd orb that is often talked about by the community but never touched?

3.5) Any plans on bringing back Plague Star soon? Now would be a perfect chance for it for all those who need forma for Kuva Lich weapons or Dojo preperations.

4) Any plans to do anything with the Light/Shadow system for operators still?  I know this was talked about before being tied in with operator abilities/passives but nothing has come of it yet.

5) Any plans to rework/buff sentinel weapons across the board? Almost all of them are laughably weak, barely even able to handle up to level 20-30 enemies WITH rivens, the only viable ones being purely for status and no damage whatsoever.

And now for questions relating to new stuff...

6) The lich system, both lore wise and execution wise feels pretty wonky and rushed, any plans to tie it back into Empyrean when that launches?

7) Speaking of Empyrean... Is it still planned to be launched before Christmas this year, or will it be [DE]layed awhile longer?

And that's pretty much it for my questions.

Enjoying the new update so far, but had a few concerns - mostly due to misplaced expectations. Posting them here in hopes they'll be considered.

Dedicated Melee: I was concerned when we lost it at Phase 1, but it turned out to be a non-issue except where shields are concerned. With Phase 2 it returned, but now it feels like a crutch. Could it be removed again, and block added to an unused button like 'reload'? Or could it be a more interactive toggle where 'Gun Mode' auto-switches with the aim key, and 'Melee Mode' auto-switches with the fire key? Looking to preserve the streamlined feel of Phase 1 without losing the functionality.

Power Attacks: Love the addition of power attacks, hate that they just remap the heavy attacks. Any chance the 'hold attack' could return independent of the power attacks to give us low, middle, and high strength attacks? Also, the combo timer should have been given slower drain instead of faster build up; by the time I look at the multiplier and spot a target it's already expired, so it's essentially useless.

Lifted Status: For some reason I was expecting this to bring aerial combat inti the game, something like in 'Legacy of Kain: Defiance' (or I guess DMC). But if that was the intention it was poorly executed, as the combo bonus rarely lasts long enough to use it effectively and the enemies don't stay suspended long enough to jump back up and hit them. Longer airtime, as well as a sweep attack that launches them into the air with you, could make for some fantastic combat scenarios.

Parazon: I like this addition, and hacking feels much more in the spirit of 'Warframes'. Curious why the mods aren't fusible like others though. Also, any chance of including a slot for cyphers, so they aren't cluttering the gear wheel? They aren't usable separately, so including them on the Parazon like an exilus or arcane would make sense, and open up potential for specialized cyphers like 'Grineer cyphers' that mark caches on the map when used on a Grineer console, or Corpus ones that disable security traps for several tiles when used on a Corpus console. Just an idea.

Loadouts: I appreciate the rearranged loadouts moving companion and vehicle loadouts to tabs, but vehicles are still separated into their own loadouts. This is an extremely frustrating relic of an older version of the game where archwings were limited to dedicated archwing missions. Now with them being integrated into landscapes and presumably Railjack, the need to switch your vehicle loadout every time you switch your warframe loadout is cumbersome and dissapointing when you summon a vehicle during a bounty just to realise you forgot to switch out. Vehicle loadouts need to be part of player loadouts, the same as companions and operator setups are. It just doesn't make sense to separate them anymore and vehicle loadout slots could just be converted to Loadout Slots. Please make this a thing before railjack.

No questions, just orders. Or as my wife likes to call them, "suggestions".

1. Get rid of stasis, make it as easy to swap living companions as it is to swap robotic ones.

2. Fix the Kuva weapon dupe problem and raise the floor for elemental chance.

3. Make a pass on the MR challenges that have become stupid difficult due to other changes.

4. Stop tying new frames into boss battles.

5. Give us ways to earn or buy things that are now tied into Eidolon hunting.

Q: Is the current Lich-system iteration close to your current goal or will it expand more with future updates?
     As we know you announced we will have "nemesis" for each faction, aside of the specific details of dealing with other factions what goal do you have for this fresh system? How much potential does it bring into the game? Will we see more diverse encounters and rewards, Lich territory expansions, Lich fight mechanics, lore ties or Lich archetypes?

Q: Any plans for tilesets reworks after Corpus ships? Maybe old settlement tileset can have some love, as it's still the only tileset that hasn't been changed much since release?

Q: Do you have any plans for expanding open world contents more (Orb Vallis especially)? i.e. more Bounty mission types, more dynamic/rotatin events, more bosses? Modular primaries?

Would it be possible to get some more accessibility for those of us with low vision?

There’s only two things I really like to see.

1. HUD markers  for energy cells on excavation missions, similar to how personal life support modules are marked in survival missions. Without some kind of marker, energy cells are really hard to see unless you look at the map, which is also hard to see if you’re visually impaired like I am. I feel like HUD marker would solve this issue. 
  2. When an enemy is able to be mercy killed, there is a visual and audio queue. Would it be possible to make these queues a little more noticeable? Like maybe add a flash, or increase the audio level? 

I really enjoy playing Warframe, and would like to experience all that the game and it’s updates have to offer as much as I can.  Warframe already has some accessibility features that most games don’t, and DE has shown their willingness in the past to try and make their game more accessible.  In my eyes (the one that works anyway lol), this puts a DE way above the rest of these so-called triple-A developers. Anyway, please consider my idea. 

Archived