Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey DE, can we have a new robotic companion?

CedarDpg

Just now, CedarDpg said:

Ah, yeah, that would be an option. Sorry I misinterpreted what you said. Though I definitely think DE/etc. would need to come up with some new precepts/skills/whatever to make people want to get them more than just being mastery fodder.

I mean I was thinking they could be new brackets if they just wanted the cosmetic difference. But they could make them separate companions as well, depending how much effort they'd want to put toward it.

7 hours ago, Diavoros said:

just MR fodder with a higher tendency to be downed than dogs and cats.

I have never lost a moa or pet when I use them (granted that is mostly on Valk and Oberon so yah they ain't dying) but the moa's if they had the health that the other pets do would be better than the dogs thanks to some use full hard CC presets that either group up enemies or make them take increased damage.  not to mention the utility precepts auto hacking any one? and ability to carry stat sticks honestly unless you need crits the adarza is quite mediocre and the chasa could have been good if they gave it lighter desecrate (say 30%) instead of slower desecrate

il y a 38 minutes, CedarDpg a dit :

That wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion, though that would make it require really low drop rates. 

Yes, perhaps lower than the fall rate of Oberon pieces.

il y a 39 minutes, CedarDpg a dit :

Also, I dunno if the larger robotic NPCs would be practical...for instance, having a Jackal following you around and getting stuck in doorways and stuff would be kind of annoying.

All AI of peers needs a rework. Surely our Hyena would also work better later.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

otherwise, the only pet I really might invest in heavily would be a bird of prey, like Bloodwing from Borderlands. give me a combat birb and I'll drop as much forma as it takes to instagib enemies with it!

I'd love to have an aerial companion.   Something that harasses the enemy,  maybe has an innate enemy radar, stalks hunting quarry,  draws enemy fire with high evasion, or even be directed to attack a distant enemy via sniper command.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

I personally like using taxion.  The overshields stealing bit is really useful most of the time.

Taxion ptime please de.

I too would like more prime versions of the regular companions too. I really like Oxylus for fishing too. I'm kinda too cheap to keep throwing dye into the water. 🙂