Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DPS on Hydron

BlueHcrnet

Just need to have a rant today. Hydron is a popular place for farming as everyone knows, and the more people in the squad the more xp gained by everyone. But why the hell is everyone needing to use dps and nuke builds and make a chill rank up more of a sitting on the sidelines??? I've seen people complain about Mesa whenever someone happens to play her but she's a line of sight warframe. I have seen people call a person braindead for using Mesa and 'wiping the map' when other people were actually doing so but then why not complain about saryns? Can't we just go to hydron and rank up some warframe or weapons without someone having to join the squad with a nuke warframe and ruining the enjoyment since it's pretty much then just us sitting on the sidelines? Sure, if you're carrying someone of low rank, sure but please can we chill on using nukes on every hydron mission?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I understand the people using a nuke frame if they are indeed leveling the nuke frame. If they are leveling a weapon it is kinda counter productive over getting kills with the actual weapon.

Yep, gotta rank it up somehow. That's understandable. And exactly, why not use the weapon to rank it up

But I've just spent all this morning just trying to finish a build for vauban and rank a kuva weapon up and every mission on hydron has had a max level nuker and all I'm after is a chill session of ranking up where everything's not dying before I can shoot it or use abilities

depending on what items people are trying to level, and the coordination of the Squad, having someone do all of the Killing is significantly more efficient than just everyone doing doing whatever random thing.

since people are going there because they think it's "the best place for XP", it's not surprising that you'll also see some people trying to optimize the XP gains to make things faster.

2 minutes ago, BlueHcrnet said:

But I've just spent all this morning just trying to finish a build for vauban and rank a kuva weapon up

unless you would be in a position to be apt at getting a lot of Ability Kills and Kills with that Weapon you're trying to Level, it's probably more efficient that someone else does the Killing instead. don't forget that you can remove one or two Weapons so that the remaining Weapon gets more XP.

alternatively, you can still funnel XP as efficiently as you can if you know you can do it efficiently, by getting your Ability/Weapon Kills on any and all of the Heavies and/or Eximus that you see since they are roughly 2/3-3/4 of all of the XP that will appear in the Mission anyways.

Edited by taiiat

At least nuke frames make it go faster. To me, the point of leveling on Hydron is efficiency, since I don't enjoy combat as much when leveling or formaing something as opposed to when it is fully leveled and formad. 

Edited by --Cerpheseus--
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)guesswhodied1 said:

I figured doing 3 waves with my warframe to level my weapon would be faster then doing 1 with the weapon only. Am I wrong?

if you're trying to Level a Weapon, getting Ability Kills yourself gives your Weapon literally zero XP.

you'd want to atleast shoot any of the higher XP Enemies that you see around with the Weapon itself, if you wanted to make it fast but also make it give a lot of XP.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guesswhodied1 said:

I use saryn to speed kill everything on Hydron because I figured doing 3 waves with my warframe to level my weapon would be faster then doing 1 with the weapon only. Am I wrong?

Yes as noted above, very wrong.  To level up a weapon fastest you want to only have that weapon equipped and leech entirely doing absolutely nothing but staying in affinity range of teammates doing the killing.

broken mechanics encourage bad behavior.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if you're trying to Level a Weapon, getting Ability Kills yourself gives your Weapon literally zero XP.

you'd want to atleast shoot any of the higher XP Enemies that you see around with the Weapon itself, if you wanted to make it fast but also make it give a lot of XP.

Oh thanks explains the slow leveling 🙂

Not everyone joins the mission for the same reason 

if I’m leveling weapons i’ll still be killing everything with mirage 

low level defense has no urgency in protecting the target I often take saryn for defense for efficiency however in a serious defense run I will play trinity 

There’s no problem here there’s just no agency to care for the objective at that level which is normal in some games where tanks and dps will always power through low level stuff

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

To level up a weapon fastest you want to only have that weapon equipped and leech entirely doing absolutely nothing but staying in affinity range of teammates doing the killing.
broken mechanics encourage bad behavior.

i mean, not always. if the Weapon itself is somewhat capable, then that Weapon Killing the Heavies/Eximus that appear will significantly boost the XP/minute that it gets. you can then leave the Trash Units for someone else to nuke since they give little XP anyways.

more like encourages Kill stealing for you to get the most XP, generally.

Edited by taiiat

Public its filled with @..holes go into recruitment and offer party but no nukers  or level up solo with the help of OP specters setup and a ancient specter for life recovery.

About mesa her 4 its a hack totally brain-death ability, you just can wiggle the mouse and it will hit targets.

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i mean, not always. if the Weapon itself is somewhat capable, then that Weapon Killing the Heavies/Eximus that appear will significantly boost the XP/minute that it gets. you can then leave the Trash Units for someone else to nuke since they give little XP anyways.

more like encourages Kill stealing for you to get the most XP, generally.

my understanding is that given you only have one weapon equipped and nothing else:

Killing with that weapon gives 50% affinity to weapon, 50% to warframe.

A bloodthirsty friend killing it will give 75% to the weapon, and 25% to the warframe.

It matters not what the enemy is.  The only time using the weapon is to your advantage is if your killing can increase the dps beyond that 25% loss rate. So if you are in with scrubs who can't kill quickly, it is in your interest to help kill as much as possible with your weapon (and extract as soon as possible and get better/more capable teammates).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

The only time using the weapon is to your advantage is if your killing can increase the dps beyond that 25% loss rate. So if you are in with scrubs who can't kill quickly, it is in your interest to help kill as much as possible with your weapon (and extract as soon as possible and get better/more capable teammates).

that sounds like a lot of situations that Players find themselves in, hehe.

Well, when I enter hydron or eso with saryn or other nuker is just for sweet sweet focus  i can get. Dont get me wrong, if im leveling stuff i like to do something so i go with fissure missions/ other fun stuff so i dont end up standing and looking how fast that one volt can wipe out rooms full of enemies.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I understand the people using a nuke frame if they are indeed leveling the nuke frame. If they are leveling a weapon it is kinda counter productive over getting kills with the actual weapon.

Getting kills with the weapon is counter-productive over just leeching from a nuke frame.

Edited by SordidDreams

3 hours ago, BlueHcrnet said:

Just need to have a rant today. Hydron is a popular place for farming as everyone knows, and the more people in the squad the more xp gained by everyone. But why the hell is everyone needing to use dps and nuke builds and make a chill rank up more of a sitting on the sidelines??? I've seen people complain about Mesa whenever someone happens to play her but she's a line of sight warframe. I have seen people call a person braindead for using Mesa and 'wiping the map' when other people were actually doing so but then why not complain about saryns? Can't we just go to hydron and rank up some warframe or weapons without someone having to join the squad with a nuke warframe and ruining the enjoyment since it's pretty much then just us sitting on the sidelines? Sure, if you're carrying someone of low rank, sure but please can we chill on using nukes on every hydron mission?

I'll give you a better one.

Why are people taking 8+ minutes to complete 5 waves of Hydron and then leaving?

Wave 5 leavers is one problem, but the exp distribution among weapons is another. If I have to level weapons that I don't intend to put potatoes on and aren't strong on their own, like Stug, I'm more than happy and grateful that there's a Saryn helping out with the leveling, more so if we have to level more than one weapons. The problem with leveling more than one weapons at a time is, when you hit with only one weapon which is probably stronger than the others (and not make you look like a leech doing 2 digit damage), the other weapons are going to get lesser exp if you are the one doing the most kills, you're still gonna rely on others to help level your weaker weapons.

In case someone suggests sleep Equinox, not all weapons can one shot before the threshold kicks in, fitting damage AND silence mods is a problem for non-potatoed weapons.

3 hours ago, BlueHcrnet said:

the faster you kill the faster the rotation goes the closer everyone is the faster the affinity earn and shared (fastest xp shared in the whole starchart since its always full of players) AND anyone knows that everyone that goes to Hydron will eventually find that is the easiest place a low level player can earn/farm not only Neo but Axi relics as well if party decided to stay in for more than 2 rotations and some builds info since most don't wanna waste time looking at YT videos.

dont like the nukers just have your usual weapons and mastery discard frames since that is the best place hands down to gain some MR in low levels.