Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DPS on Hydron

BlueHcrnet

50 minutes ago, Vortuna said:

I'll give you a better one.

Why are people taking 8+ minutes to complete 5 waves of Hydron and then leaving?

I will give you 2 reasons.

gain more xp in the first 2 rotation and faster farming of Neo relics. a rare third is most players have crappy weapons that would waste time killing Nox enemies. time is essential to some playstyle and usefulness within teamwork is for others.

Edited by ARAMN
typo

4 hours ago, BlueHcrnet said:

Just need to have a rant today. Hydron is a popular place for farming as everyone knows, and the more people in the squad the more xp gained by everyone. But why the hell is everyone needing to use dps and nuke builds and make a chill rank up more of a sitting on the sidelines??? I've seen people complain about Mesa whenever someone happens to play her but she's a line of sight warframe. I have seen people call a person braindead for using Mesa and 'wiping the map' when other people were actually doing so but then why not complain about saryns? Can't we just go to hydron and rank up some warframe or weapons without someone having to join the squad with a nuke warframe and ruining the enjoyment since it's pretty much then just us sitting on the sidelines? Sure, if you're carrying someone of low rank, sure but please can we chill on using nukes on every hydron mission?

If you're not interested in meta xp farming, and just want to go in and kill stuff with your own weapons, then you're better off just levelling up your weapons while doing other stuff (like fissures, liches, whatever). Farming just for XP in a mission like Hydron is not particularly efficient as soon as you take into account the opportunity cost in terms of other stuff you could be getting (e.g. prime parts).

• Like 2

Nuke frames are welcome in my groups. I also welcome

• SlowVa
  • SpeedVa
  • Limbo
  • People who don't kill their lich
  • People who do kill their lich
  • People who find every Syndicate mark in a mission before extracting
  • People who rush to extraction in Syndicate mission missing all the marks
  • People who bail in Hydron after 5 waves
  • People who want to go to 20 waves in Hydron

I just try not to tell anyone else how to play. It's all good. 🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I understand the people using a nuke frame if they are indeed leveling the nuke frame. If they are leveling a weapon it is kinda counter productive over getting kills with the actual weapon.

if people need weapon XP it's better to do Adaro or whatever solo with a range/duration rhino and a way to proc energy be it pads or zenurik and mod the weapon for silence and enough damage to kill. the 500% xp bonus from rhino stomp stealth is quicker. 

59 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

if people need weapon XP it's better to do Adaro or whatever solo with a range/duration rhino and a way to proc energy be it pads or zenurik and mod the weapon for silence and enough damage to kill. the 500% xp bonus from rhino stomp stealth is quicker. 

Lulwut...

I mean it would work but Equinox is much easier.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

I pretty much have to on Switch...ESO is basically abandoned there.

I mean if you're levelling a frame and don't have a friend then sure, use Hydron. Otherwise use Adaro and an Equinox for weapons. If you have a friend, you can level frames in Adaro in 5 minutes.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I mean if you're levelling a frame and don't have a friend then sure, use Hydron. Otherwise use Adaro and an Equinox for weapons. If you have a friend, you can level frames in Adaro in 5 minutes.

Bold of you to assume I have friends who play Warframe on Switch...or friends at all T_T.

But yeah it is sadly the best option I have, thankfully I'm not often leveling up entire loadouts there.

Makes me sad that ESO is dead on Switch though, I really would like a Lato Vandal.

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Bold of you to assume I have friends who play Warframe on Switch...or friends at all T_T.

But yeah it is sadly the best option I have, thankfully I'm not often leveling up entire loadouts there.

Makes me sad that ESO is dead on Switch though, I really would like a Lato Vandal.

Adaro with equinox will still be faster for weapons, even solo. 

The funny thing is helene works fine with nuke frames i do go to level 40 in pub groups no problem but when i join hydron everyone leaves.

my solution to it becaues i regular grind my standing on it away is just go to helene were i can reach higer target in open groups.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Kiwihunter063 said:

I’m that Saryn that does that. Sorry I’ll take myself to eso.

I would be glad if I got to meet a Saryn on Hydron, don't let these fools stop you from doing a big service to the rest of the playerbase. Even though, I never played with you, I still thank you for the free affinity service you saryns do to us mortals maxing boring frames like Atlas and Inaros.

On 2019-11-20 at 4:29 PM, taiiat said:

don't forget that you can remove one or two Weapons so that the remaining Weapon gets more XP.

I wish they scrapped that system so I could bring my underleveled weapon anywhere to leech exp on the go without taking 1000 years to rank up to 30 because maxed equipment "leeches" experience somehow despite not having a focus lens equipped.

2 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I wish they scrapped that system so I could bring my underleveled weapon anywhere to leech exp on the go without taking 1000 years to rank up to 30 because maxed equipment "leeches" experience somehow despite not having a focus lens equipped.

i kinda agree but at the same time with us having a trend of needing to Level Weapons ~8 times to even get the Mastery from them (6 times in total which is roughly 8 times XP wise), i like the efficiency increase that i can get from the weird way this works.... to help compensate for the garbage 'content' we're given which is just filling a 0% interesting XP bar even more.

I say, people should learn to not bring maxed weapons when they want to level ones that aren't. Then most of the exp goes to your unleveled weapons and a nuker becomes your best friend. Slap a lens on your frame and you lose absolutely nothing. Win-win in my book.

On 2019-11-28 at 12:25 AM, taiiat said:

i kinda agree but at the same time with us having a trend of needing to Level Weapons ~8 times to even get the Mastery from them (6 times in total which is roughly 8 times XP wise), i like the efficiency increase that i can get from the weird way this works.... to help compensate for the garbage 'content' we're given which is just filling a 0% interesting XP bar even more.

My point is, what if you always got that efficiency increase despite having more stuff equipped thanks to the other items no longer leeching on your total EXP.

24 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

My point is, what if you always got that efficiency increase despite having more stuff equipped thanks to the other items no longer leeching on your total EXP.

zero confidence in that, we'd get a nerf at the same time so that it takes just as much or more time to do the same thing as now.