Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternative Requiem progression idea

JHarlequin

The lichs have been frustrating for me most of the time as they arrive long before I make real progress on my requiems.  Another regular problem and frustration is completing requiem in the same mission where you guess a requiem because it's always the same one.  Something to boost the problem solving and speed of dealing with lichs would be to change out the murmur system for a thrall trial and error system.

Instead of just gathering murmurs, when you use your parazon on a thrall aligned with your Lich, then it will reveal a glow or visual affect, or some other display about how aligned your parazon is with your Lich.  Most likely it would have to be in place of the current murmur circle system so that it always shows up where the player can see it clearly.  Minimal effects if no mods are right, better effects the more correct requiems you have, and the best effect if they are in the correct order.  The display should still be slightly subtle when it involves how correct you are so that you can't stab just one thrall.  You should in effect have to try it out on four or five thralls before you can be certain about the accuracy of your current combination.  Guessing games may complicate the system for a lot of players, but it would encourage a bit more trial and error rather than just grinding out thralls as fast as possible.

Still keep a sort of point system involved so that eventually anyone will get the full requiem pattern shown to them if they have trouble guessing.  Poor guesses would only gain a few points towards revelation while very good guesses would gain many more points towards revelations of the requiems.

In addition to this alternative at the murmur system, the lichs would probably need their appearance rate pushed up a little bit.  Someone threatening their controlled planets and defeating more of their thralls would draw more attention.  As well as if they still only level when people attempt the stab, then they would need to arrive more often during the second or third attempted missions.  Probably link their likliehood to appear to how close a player guesses the requiems against thralls rather than to how often the player runs missions.

For me, something closer to this system would be more fun that just hoping my lich doesn't show up every mission.  I would be much more involved in figuring out my requiem mods rather than just ending up brute forcing the combination almost every time.